DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

3J&G 1:50 models collection. Options · View
GuyM
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2020 6:28:09 AM
Groups: Member

The other Rice Trailers Corgi model, the Beaufort Treble horsebox for 2 horses:

Land Rover 109 Series II 4x4/2 pick-up car (modified Corgi model, to be repainted) and Rice Trailers Beaufort Treble 2-axle horsebox (Corgi model being modified) carrying 2 horses (Corgi models, to be repainted)

To be continued.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2020 6:32:19 AM

The 3rd Corgi pick-up model was simply "exported' from Great Britain to some Middle-Eastern sandy deserts:

Regards.
Guy

modelmaniac
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2020 11:04:00 AM

Wow,I had that blue Land Rover + horsebox.It was the 'whizwheels' version,with one piece plastic wheels,fixed to a metal axle.Impossible to remove,without destroying a wheel.Did that one already have those wheels?Did you do any modifications?They look way better.
GuyM
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2020 12:06:54 PM

modemaniac,

The blue Land Rover with orange tarpaulin had those "whizwheels" you mention: it came originally with an oversized trailer carrying a small plane, which have been both turned separately into 1/48-1/50 models. I simply added to it Dinky Toys hubs and cross-country tires I had, together with a sun protection plate on the roof (to hide the hole it had housing an oversized flashing beacon).
The light blue 4WD (the one with the Rice Trailers 2-horse unit), had damaged tires of different sizes: they have been changed to Solido ones.
Only the brown model had suitable Corgi wheels.

Regards.
Guy
modelmaniac
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2020 12:14:17 PM

I do remember,the hitch on the Land Rover and horsebox being a very flexible plastic hook,on the trailer was a very simple plastic 'hoop'.They both look much more realistic.Are they the original horses,for that box?Good to see the support post,for the middle of that horsebox.Always a missing part.
GuyM
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2020 1:07:05 PM

modelmaniac,

I changed car and horsebox hooks on both combinations, are they were obviously oversized and "toyish". A landing wheel was also added on the 1-horse unit.
All 3 horses were delivered with both Corgi sets: as you have probably noted, one suffered from "severe burns" on a rear leg, which I had to "cure".
The left front part of the roof on the 2-horse Rice unit is still to be designed and added. It was never modeled by Corgi as it is required to open when embarking/disembarking any horse through the front door:

Regards.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2020 1:12:15 PM

Guy very nice old time Rover collection.
Steve

Claus thanks for information on the Drake Mack F700.
Steve

Q it’s the greatest place on earth, only thing better is diecast, in fact I had to purchase the diecast monorail cars that they sell now, best of both worlds
Steve
modelmaniac
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2020 6:45:12 PM

Teeth Always thought the hole in the roof,was so the horse could stick his/her head out!!Not very safe.LOL.
GuyM
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2020 5:06:33 AM

GuyM wrote:
Work in progress on 2 Spanish combinations: [...]
Pegaso 3188/10 8x4/4 dropside truck (model made from a Hartsmith tractor kit) carrying a Hägglunds BV206 tracked articulated all-terrain carrier fitted with an Ericsson ARTHUR anti-artillery radar of 4.33 tonnes (Conrad model). [...]

After the Ericsson ARTHUR radar in the Spanish Army, another Ericsson military equipment exported to numerous foreign armies:

Acquisition and surveillance Ericsson Giraffe 75 PS 90 radar on its folding mast and control/command shelter, carried by a Mercedes-Benz 2638A 6x6/2 truck (modified Conrad models)

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2020 5:40:45 AM

Prior to split its various modules (some should be used as loads for different combinations of mine), the Heidelberg Speedmaster CD 102-4 printing line produced by Conrad in a 1/50 scale:

Above:
- at front, from left to right:1 feeding and alignment module Preset Plus Feeder, 4 single color printing modules Prinect Easy Control, 1 dryer module Preset Plus Dryer et 1 end-of-line storage module Preset Plus Delivery,
- at rear: the line control/command console Prinect Press Center 2

Regards.
Guy
Cat345bl
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2020 10:05:56 PM

That 1/50 printing press has to be one of most interesting and different models that Conrad has produced in their history. I believe that it was intended to be a load for a truck but yet again it does display very well when fully assembled. I wish more of them have made their way over to the states, still looking for one to add to my collection.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

GuyM
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 4:44:00 AM

Cat345bl,

I think that this model was produced by Conrad exclusively for Heidelberg as it came in a specific Heidelberg box. It should be noted that there are more items available (additional printing modules, rotation sheet module, dryer modules, etc) which can be accommodated in the box in additional cuts already made in the foam, resulting in more sophisticated 1/50 printing lines.

Should you want to get one of these items, I suspect that the base printing line model (displayed above) is pretty rare these days but ancillary items can still be found:
- https://www.marketoy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Heidelberger : this French site has no more base printing line,
- https://fmb-shop.de/shop/de/search?sSearch=Heidelberg : no base printing line either in this German site.
Another way is to inquire at Heidelberg direct: https://www.heidelberg.com/global/en/ , to find out if they have some Conrad models left.

I hope this helps.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 5:57:17 AM

GuyM wrote:
Cat345bl,

I think that this model was produced by Conrad exclusively for Heidelberg as it came in a specific Heidelberg box. It should be noted that there are more items available (additional printing modules, rotation sheet module, dryer modules, etc) which can be accommodated in the box in additional cuts already made in the foam, resulting in more sophisticated 1/50 printing lines. [...]

An inside view of the Heidelberg box:

It should be noted that Modell-OVP - another German models trading site - has no base printing line for sale, but still some ancillary items available (see at page bottom): https://www.modell-ovp.de/fr/heidelberger-druckmaschine-typ-xl-4-11012.html

Regards.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2020 11:37:19 PM

Guy you never cease to amaze with your collection, not a printing press buff but that is a really nice model.
Thanks for posting the pictures of the printing press.
Steve
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 5:58:48 AM

Magirus-Deutz tractor realized by Jean-Jacques from a Minitrucks kit:

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:04:56 AM

Pingon excavator being built by Jean-Francois. He couldn't avoid improving the resin kit provided by MiniCams, far too basic for him:

Final development phase, painting and first operation of the excavator in a few days time.

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:32:18 AM

For all those who never heard of a Pingon excavator before, note that this unique design was developed quite successfully in France in the fifties:

The compact excavator was part of a full range of models, all carrying their "H" profile base under the rotating unit. Their 4 wheels could be lowered (during transfer) and lifted (in operation) via hydraulically-operated cams. During transfer, turning on either side was simply performed by blocking wheels on one side, as you would do with tracks on a bulldozer.

Regards.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:11:43 PM

Guy that is one impressive build Jean-Francois has going on there. Look forward to seeing that completed.
Steve
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 4:41:10 AM

The Pingon excavator leaving the painting bay:

Among numerous improvements performed by Jean-Francois on the base kit, the cab opening front door with its tiny hinge pins is certainly one of the most remarkable.

To be continued.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2020 4:47:57 AM

First operational tests of the plant equipment by Richelmi on one of their dump sites:

Everything went fine: even the rain protection device on the exhaust pipe was functional that day!

Regards.
Guy