DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

The 1:50 CC8800 is reborn! Options · View
wildpig1234
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2020 1:22:12 PM
Groups: Member

Paul R wrote:
I think I owe Dan an apology as based on that photo and what I have just seen on the Mammoet Store website, he is right. Seems the vessel lifter part is made up of parts from the luffer. I am not sure if this is some imagineering going on or if it is how the real one is done.

But whatever, I do now agree that the model contains the base model with main boom and derrick, luffing kit and boom booster kit.

Paul R

I disagreed. Going strictly by the mammoet pictured configuration and we should all expect to get what is exactly shown in the red mammoet color crane shown on the right as well as what was shown in that case at conexpo. Which means it comes with derrick, ballast wagon, boom booster, and the lifting head on top that is actually more of a heavylift head/fixed jib. This heavylift head might have some resemblance to the luffing jib, but look at it carefully again, it does NOT have a luffing mechanism.

Cranes, etc should add a comment about this!

Paul R
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2020 2:16:39 PM

wildpig1234 wrote:
Paul R wrote:
I think I owe Dan an apology as based on that photo and what I have just seen on the Mammoet Store website, he is right. Seems the vessel lifter part is made up of parts from the luffer. I am not sure if this is some imagineering going on or if it is how the real one is done.

But whatever, I do now agree that the model contains the base model with main boom and derrick, luffing kit and boom booster kit.

Paul R

I disagreed. Going strictly by the mammoet pictured configuration and we should all expect to get what is exactly shown in the red mammoet color crane shown on the right as well as what was shown in that case at conexpo. Which means it comes with derrick, ballast wagon, boom booster, and the lifting head on top that is actually more of a heavylift head/fixed jib. This heavylift head might have some resemblance to the luffing jib, but look at it carefully again, it does NOT have a luffing mechanism.

Cranes, etc should add a comment about this!

Don’t care what was shown at Conexpo. I’m going by what’s shown on the Mammoet Store website which is the base model, luffing jib kit and boom booster kit.

Paul R
wildpig1234
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2020 8:48:25 PM

[/quote]

Don’t care what was shown at Conexpo. I’m going by what’s shown on the Mammoet Store website which is the base model, luffing jib kit and boom booster kit.

Paul R[/quote]

If we do get all what you mention, that would be quite a BARGAIN.... even at 1500 euro. But i think to avoid being really disappointed, you should expect to get only what you see on display in the case at the conexpo. Then if you do get the base model, luffing kit and boombooster kit, then you will actually feel really good.

As i said, for myself, i am only expecting what was shown in the case. It just doesn't make sense for me otherwise ....
wildpig1234
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2020 7:17:09 AM

Wondering if we will ever see anyone making the 4000t XGC8800 model. I will be the first one in line for one. Hopefully won't be much more than $2000 euro? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5YV8hYmMBE
SJDownes
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2020 11:33:20 AM

Paul R wrote:

Paul R

The new Mammoet CC8800 model will indeed come with the full luffing jib and the new boom booster components, as Paul has said.
The version displayed at Conexpo is just one example of the configurations that are possible from the parts in the box

Regards

Steven

Miniature Construction World on Facebook
Miniature Construction World on Twitter
sjd@miniature-construction-world.co.uk
wildpig1234
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 12:19:54 PM

SJDownes wrote:
Paul R wrote:

Paul R

The new Mammoet CC8800 model will indeed come with the full luffing jib and the new boom booster components, as Paul has said.
The version displayed at Conexpo is just one example of the configurations that are possible from the parts in the box

Regards

Steven

if that is the case, hooray!! is this officially confirmed from conrad? any official source?
Paul R
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 1:14:04 PM

wildpig1234 wrote:

if that is the case, hooray!! is this officially confirmed from conrad? any official source?

You won't get much more official than Mr. Downes!

However, if you are still in doubt from two sources with extremely good connections, I would suggest to contact Mammoet Store or Conrad directly yourself.

Thanks,

Paul R
wildpig1234
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 6:42:07 PM

Good to know! sucks to still have to wait 5 months..lol
wildpig1234
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:43:36 PM

Am I the only one who can't wait to see the cranes etc review and also get our hands on one? Already have mine preordered like probably at least half of the people on here. I guess we finally see how the sections are broken down on the models, which would still be manageable realistic loads even if not broken down completely.

Also i wish that conrad would still be producing addon boom sections. There appears to be enough parts included to reach max main boom height (albeit only with the boom booster configuration and not with the regular boom configuration). But the included sections for the jib does not even allow for jib to even reach half of its length. Also people might like to build the regular non boom booster configuration to max height.

Sadly both conrad and nzg and wsi have tyranically decided to not ever produced add on sections or jibs ever again for any of their cranes. From the LR 1750 to LR 1600 to Lr 1300 to CC8800, LTM 1500 1350 11200. The list goes on and on.....

A crane of this greatness deserves to be built to the full 4m+ scale height (above 200m)!
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:21:43 AM

I'm not really a Demag fan or even a Conrad fan for that matter but this does look like a cool model.

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
wildpig1234
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 3:10:28 AM

Sadly, it looks like conrad 99906 addon section kit sold a long time ago only come with main boom section and without a jib section.. ;(

Here's one on ebay from a while back

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Terex-da-Demag-CC8800-Kit-de-extensao-Boom-Conrad-Escala-1-50-Modelo-99906-0-Novo-/402286535133

$190. Crazy price for a single main boom section!

Just don't understand why there are still so many people pricing their second hand old CC8800 at well above $1000 on ebay. I guess maybe they don't know or just hope that people dont know there is a new rerelease that is well below their price right now?
Davie82
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 12:29:19 PM

The thing is, the CC8800 is a valuable model and will probably hold its value for quite some time, especially the ultra-rare Sarens livery versions.

Not everyone likes or wants Mammoet colours, so even given the choice it's perfectly reasonable for someone to spend a lot of money on the Terex version of the model.

But almost $200 for a single boom section is ridiculous...
JohnGalt
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 1:31:07 PM

The CC8800 uses the same sections for the main boom and the jib.
I am glad that when I ordered crane models (it's been several years since my last addition Sad) I always ordered a few extra boom/jib sections. It seems like it should be simple enough for the model makers to continue to make the sections, and it seems as though there would be enough demand to justify running a batch of the same part that's already been made. Confused
EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:24:00 PM

Just got an email from FedEx saying I have two large packages arriving tomorrow! Smiley

There are two rules for success: 1. Never tell everything you know.
Paul
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 7:17:15 PM

The new Mammoet CC8800 shows that model companies can re-make the old models.

I guess Conrad took the original base model and made it into the Mammoet Boom Buster version.

I've been wondering for some time now how much interest there would be in Conrad making a batch of the original CC8800.

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 7:20:30 PM

Paul wrote:
The new Mammoet CC8800 shows that model companies can re-make the old models.

I guess Conrad took the original base model and made it into the Mammoet Boom Buster version.

I've been wondering for some time now how much interest there would be in Conrad making a batch of the original CC8800.

A lot of it has to do with whether the OEM wants another run or not. Then comes the discussion of who will fund it... I was working with Norscot on rereleasing the 600AJ JLG Boom Lifts, but they weren't sure they had all the required dies still from the original run. The project would have cost almost $42,000 for us to have it happen if they would have had the required molds and dies.

There are two rules for success: 1. Never tell everything you know.
wildpig1234
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2020 3:45:56 PM

JohnGalt wrote:
The CC8800 uses the same sections for the main boom and the jib.
I am glad that when I ordered crane models (it's been several years since my last addition Sad) I always ordered a few extra boom/jib sections. It seems like it should be simple enough for the model makers to continue to make the sections, and it seems as though there would be enough demand to justify running a batch of the same part that's already been made. Confused

Yep, The addon sections are MUCH MUCH more rare and valuable than the actual crane models. That goes for all the euro makers conrad, nzg, wsi despite still producing many of the cranes still. For some models, the cheapest way to get more sections now is actually just buying another models. A good example is the conrad sennebogan 5500. The vinci version comes with 6 main boom sections for only 115 euro. Sadly no jib sections though.: https://www.webshop-vinci.com/en/miniatures/188-crane-sennebogen-5500-emcc.html

Only YCC have nicely keep on producing the jibs for their models

EastCoastFabricator wrote:
Just got an email from FedEx saying I have two large packages arriving tomorrow! Smiley

Is that from eu or us? seems like euro always get them before us. i guess make sense since conrad is in euro
wildpig1234
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2020 10:18:50 PM

So does anyone think we will see another cc8800 reborn as cc8800 twin? ;)

Boombooster is still not enough ... lol
wildpig1234
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2020 8:04:42 AM

So has anyone else beside cranes, etc assembled their cc8800? Just got mine today. So damn heavy...lol..
cranedude07
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2020 2:14:47 PM

Andy peng on facebook bought 2 and combined them to max it out, he posted photos of it in his 1:50 crane and heavy haulage diecast models group. His had an extra 40ft compared to mine. So his is the tallest model built that I've seen, mine measured in at 13ft 3inches, his was probably right at 14ft.

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page