Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

The 1:50 CC8800 is reborn! Options · View
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 10:49:03 AM

Groups: Member

JohnGalt
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 3:14:59 PM

Wow! That looks enormous. If they are recasting the boom sections, I think they will sell a lot if they offer them separately.
admin
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 5:10:25 PM
Groups: Administration

You can order at DHS -

See part number M410259 and order HERE!

Chuck
wildpig1234
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 9:24:43 PM

thanks! in for 2...lol...

it says out of stock on dhs. how is it already out of stock when this is only preorder right now?

Does this model also include the jib or is the jib still optional?
cranedude07
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 11:43:52 PM

I would really like to see conrad offer the stinger, rear mast insert and boom booster as separate kits so we can upgrade the ones we have!
I really dont want to spend all that money to buy a whole new crane when I have one and added so much extras to it already.
Would also love to replace the old pendants I have with the updated pinned ones, unless ycc plans to reproduce more sets again

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
wildpig1234
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 1:28:41 AM

I am predicting substantial decreased in price of all the old model cc8800 as we get closer to sept? It's a win win situation!

Manufacturers should do more re release of older popular models.

This re release appears to have a jib but it's a short jib and doesn't look like a full luffing jib? Well, i hope the older cc8800 will decrease in price significantly because it might be good to have both sets so you can mix and match parts?
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 2:51:59 AM

Looks pretty cool, I would maybe consider if it wasn't a Conrad model. Just don't care for the plastic parts. Someone put pics up of this beast when they get it!

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
Davie82
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 6:46:09 AM

It's very expensive, but in keeping with the new Conrad models it will have all metal pulleys and the new pinned pendant lines. The new additions are really nice, however I agree with Brandon that it would be nice to buy the upgrades as a kit rather than having to buy an entire model.

Also, it's a shame Conrad haven't updated the boom head, which is not at all like the real crane.

I already have a CC8800 which I upgraded to a CC8800-1 myself, so I'll pass this by, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Cranes Etc. review for sure!
Paul
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 9:51:29 AM

The CC8800 was my very first model and it's still my favourite.

This Mammoet version is stunning and I'm sure it'll sell well.

I appreciate the model companies have to move forward but it's a shame Conrad don't still produce the CC8800 because I'm sure there's a market for it.

I kinda regret not getting the white Sarens version but what I would snap up is a CC6800.

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

wildpig1234
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 2:43:49 PM

In the ideal world, they would do a release of add on for people that already have the old cc8800 and a new complete one for those that don't have the old one.

But I applause them for doing a rerelease. Thiss model is not cheap, but have you guys seen some of the ludicrous asking price for the old ver on ebay? it's ridiculous! Personally i support manufacturers doing rereleases. it keeps price for collectors at a manageable levels
Speddy
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 5:28:18 PM

Has anyone an Idea how the Boom Boster Section will be made?

I think there are 3 posibilities

1. As single piece (worst case )

2. Single Sections, to dislay different configurations in length (would be ok but coult be better!)

3. Fully disassemled to display transport mode > assembling mode > Working mode. ( best implementation
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2020 7:46:03 AM

Speddy wrote:
Has anyone an Idea how the Boom Boster Section will be made?

I think there are 3 posibilities

1. As single piece (worst case )

2. Single Sections, to dislay different configurations in length (would be ok but coult be better!)

3. Fully disassemled to display transport mode > assembling mode > Working mode. ( best implementation

“Hi Paul, it will come with 5 pre assembled boom booster parts. (As far as we know). The model can be configurated as base model and model with jib as well.
BR, Mammoet Store”
Cranes Etc
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2020 12:57:48 PM

The boom booster sections appear to be flat panels with pinned diagonals so they should flat pack. There is a detailed photo on Patreon for supporters.

http://www.CranesEtc.co.uk
http://www.Twitter.com/CranesEtc
http://www.YouTube.com/CranesEtcTV
Cranes Etc on Facebook
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2020 2:22:51 PM

Anyone know how many are being produced?

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
wildpig1234
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2020 2:25:34 PM

Cranes Etc wrote:
The boom booster sections appear to be flat panels with pinned diagonals so they should flat pack. There is a detailed photo on Patreon for supporters.

Flat panels? So i guess this is a compromise for packing sake? I never heard of a real life flat panel boom sections :(.

I wish they should just stick with making it real and breaking the boom down into numerous sections like the real thing. When we collectors paid a buck load of our hard earned cash for one of these models, it should have as little compromise as possible. We don't care if we have to spend more time putting the numerous boom sections together (that's actually part of the enjoyment!)

Arggh, sorry I am already kinda pissed off....lol
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2020 2:45:06 PM

Alberta Millwright wrote:
Anyone know how many are being produced?

Not known yet according to Mammoet Store.

Paul R
Cranes Etc
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 2:41:31 AM

wildpig1234 wrote:

Flat panels? So i guess this is a compromise for packing sake? I never heard of a real life flat panel boom sections :(.

This is probably correct to the real crane. The boom booster sections are much too large to be transported normally so they split down into transportable parts.

http://www.CranesEtc.co.uk
http://www.Twitter.com/CranesEtc
http://www.YouTube.com/CranesEtcTV
Cranes Etc on Facebook
wildpig1234
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 6:41:14 AM

Cranes Etc wrote:

This is probably correct to the real crane. The boom booster sections are much too large to be transported normally so they split down into transportable parts.

Right and that's what we all wants are individual sections, but you're saying the boom booster are flat panels. so it's not like the real thing ;(
GuyM
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 7:42:09 AM

Cranes Etc wrote:

Gents,

Here below some Boom Booster elements stored for transport:

Link to the Demag CC8800 Boom Booster product: https://www.demagmobilecranes.com/en/product/technology/cc-8800-1-boom-booster

Drawing extracted from the Boom Booster brochure.

I hope this helps.
Guy
wildpig1234
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 1:51:00 PM

GuyM wrote:
Cranes Etc wrote:

Gents,

Here below some Boom Booster elements stored for transport:

Link to the Demag CC8800 Boom Booster product: https://www.demagmobilecranes.com/en/product/technology/cc-8800-1-boom-booster

Drawing extracted from the Boom Booster brochure.

I hope this helps.
Guy

Doesn't help because that real boom booster lattice boom can be broken down into the individual lattice elements. I doubt that conrad or any model company would be able to do that since it would be too numerous of too small parts.

Combined with what cranes etc said, does it mean that most of the lattice frames are basically stucked together and conrad only make a few of the diagonal struts removable to allow it to collapse flat? That would be the most unrealistic representation of the real things is a huge length of lattice booms collapsed flat after removing some of the diagonal elements...lol