DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

The 1:50 CC8800 is reborn! Options · View
wildpig1234
Posted: Saturday, August 22, 2020 3:45:01 PM
Groups: Member

cranedude07 wrote:
Andy peng on facebook bought 2 and combined them to max it out, he posted photos of it in his 1:50 crane and heavy haulage diecast models group. His had an extra 40ft compared to mine. So his is the tallest model built that I've seen, mine measured in at 13ft 3inches, his was probably right at 14ft.

Seems like a high cost way to get the additional sections....lol... conrad should just rerelease the section kits . Seems like you need a total of 18 of the 12m boom sections to get the max scale height of 240m configuration.

Looks to me like the regular size jib uses the same section as the main boom?
cranedude07
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2020 12:59:07 PM

Yes jib and main boom use the same sections.

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
wildpig1234
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2020 10:42:03 PM

cranedude07 wrote:
Yes jib and main boom use the same sections.

I sent conrad a msg and they assured me they have absolutely ZERO interest in releasing any CC8800 boom sections again ever even after I told them I would buy on the spot 18 kits immediately. I even told them there are many collectors that want the kits. Is there like a minimal quantity needed to get them to change their mind? I think they could easily sell 1000 cc8800 boom sections kit in a matter of weeks. Any chance we can start a petition?

I wonder why? ;(

It's still completely baffling to me why WSI, NZG, Conrad have zero interests in releasing any boom sections or jib kits for their still in production cranes when they know that there is a HUGE demand for it. only YCC is still making jib kits for their cranes so you can't blame me for thinking that all the eu companies are bandwagoned together with some sort of same mentality thinking with YCC being an asian company being outside of eu and might be more responsive to customers demand? No one has provided me with a satisfactory explanation.

It's very strange because they already have the tooling for the sections which are right now being produced for the CC 8800 anyway. I just don't quite understand it.
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 12:05:56 AM

I don't think they would sell 1000. I think even with YCC they only build like 200 of a model and then do maybe a fraction of jib kits. Extension kits are really not worth the trouble for manufacturers, first not many people have 15ft to display a crane model and if they do what livery do they have? It would be great if they just made primed extensions and jib kits.

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
wildpig1234
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 2:40:33 AM

Alberta Millwright wrote:
I don't think they would sell 1000. I think even with YCC they only build like 200 of a model and then do maybe a fraction of jib kits. Extension kits are really not worth the trouble for manufacturers, first not many people have 15ft to display a crane model and if they do what livery do they have? It would be great if they just made primed extensions and jib kits.

Guess i must be the exception? lol.. I bought the YCC ltm 1400 and also the jib kit.

At this point, i couldn't care less primed or no prime or pink colored jib or sections. I just want them....lol...
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 5:29:24 AM

You are about right there. Lattice sections are expensive to produce so if they are produced standalone, the business model does not stack up. And right again about what colours to produce. YCC did a good job of producing lattice sections for their models, whether it be jibs or main boom parts but they don't make so much money at it.

And finally, by the time you whittle it down to the numbers of collectors who would actually buy these kits it is not as many as some would think. Even fewer would want to paint them themselves if it were bare metal kits. Luffers are not as easy to paint as some think, though just normal lattice sections are not so bad but an awful lot of paint is wasted.

Paul R
wildpig1234
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 12:04:46 PM

Paul R wrote:

You are about right there. Lattice sections are expensive to produce so if they are produced standalone, the business model does not stack up. And right again about what colours to produce. YCC did a good job of producing lattice sections for their models, whether it be jibs or main boom parts but they don't make so much money at it.

And finally, by the time you whittle it down to the numbers of collectors who would actually buy these kits it is not as many as some would think. Even fewer would want to paint them themselves if it were bare metal kits. Luffers are not as easy to paint as some think, though just normal lattice sections are not so bad but an awful lot of paint is wasted.

Paul R

Guess i am the minority of the collectors. This is always my goal as collector to have all the accessories and sections to get the max height for all my crane even if I have only open up three crane models and with the rest still in unopened boxes or if i only got a 9FT ceiling...lol...

I thought it would be a piece of cake to repaint. Just tie a string and drop them in a bucket of paint and take it out after a few sec ;). not that hard to clean up the excess paint in the holes and corners afterward
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 5:15:35 PM

Well that's a great way to do chocolate covered strawberries but it would leave an uneven and poor paint job. These should be sprayed and baked or powder coated to get the proper finish. However if you do try the dip method please post photos of the outcome.

A Millwright..... in Alberta.