DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

3J&G 1:50 models collection. Options · View
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2019 3:27:13 AM
Groups: Member

The Dennis intervention fire truck, which could be found in numerous British cities and exported to other Commonwealth countries as well, when town buildings were generally not higher than 5-storey units:

Its successor, designed for higher buildings:

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2019 4:42:30 AM

GuyM wrote:
[...] On the same motto "In terms of scale, never trust a model car producer" 3 other models produced this time by Dickie for their "American Dream" series [...]

A 4th American open cabriolet in the same series (carved 1/43 under the chassis): after some precise length measurement, it happens to be in a 1/48 scale (1.484 precisely).

Cabriolet Oldsmobile Super 88 4x2/2 - 1955 version

All four 1950s cars produced by Dickie should "end" some day towed by a Corgi contemporary Mack B61 on a Whitehead & Kales SCHSC 4-car carrier semi-trailer, to be scratch-built in a 1/50 scale:

Regards.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 1:40:27 AM

Guy incredible, your knowledge and customization of everything that has wheels, tracks, blades of every kind and everything else that moves and now you have to cut your neighbors trees (where do you find the time). Unless they are like Q’s trees, you know the ones that the $$$$ bills fall off of, you would not find people around here that would do that. I hope your summer is free of fires.
Steve
GuyM
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 5:13:53 AM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
[...] and now you have to cut your neighbors trees (where do you find the time). [...]

Steve,

Here is a summary of the main rules in place to protect houses and inhabitants, not the forest itself (in French, sorry but drawings are self-explanatory): http://www.bouches-du-rhone.gouv.fr/content/download/28182/167606/file/Plaquette_OLD_BdR.pdf

What every house owner here should do:

- clear ground from flamable products (dry grass, permanent bushes...) 50m around his house and 10m on each side of the access road,
- in terms of trees, cut low branches up to 2 metres high, keep 4 metres air gap on access roads and remove any tree not having 2 metres gap with its neighbor, at foliage level,
- keep 5 metres minimum between bushes...

Should the 50m radius expand into a neighboring forest, then that is house owner's responsibility to do it there as well.

I hope this helps.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2019 5:33:25 PM

Guy as usual thanks for the information. Now the big question is with that one of a kind collection you have created and customized, do you have any type of protection for it against disasters that are prone to your area, hopefully you do.
Thanks
Steve
GuyM
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 2:46:22 AM

Steve,

To answer your question, I have no specific protection for my collection other than an intrusion alarm system at home: there is nothing you can do against fire and flooding, except for common sense prevention.

I hope this helps.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 3:41:04 AM

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 3:44:44 AM

Some plant equipment at work in Jean-Jacques' sand pit:

Regards.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 10:37:24 PM

Guy nice heavy Cat iron in the sand pit. What type of load is that on the lowbed. How about a bomb shelter for your collection.
Steve
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:30:11 AM

Cool load Guy on that hauler. Is that some made up load or does it represent something really big, like Steve's mouth!!! I do love those big CATs. I hate to see you get them dirty though. Craig
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:21:11 AM

Gents,

The load carried by the Van Seumeren combination is homemade by Jean-Jacques: I suppose that he assembled parts from a damaged equipment (may be from his past vacuum cleaner!) and I have no clue on what it could be.

I hope this helps.
Guy
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:44:24 AM

Hello Guy,

best regards to Jean-Jacque for this really nice set of Caterpillar-in-action-pictures. Oh boy, the good old scraper-days are gone now in Germany! We have a setup of Cat 631Gs and a D10T working near Stuttgart, and it's from a company from France, VINCI. Guy, do you believe that? The biggest part of our german highway-system was build by using scrapers. And nowadays, when you talk with a road construction crew about scrapers, they just dont believe that 33m³ can be loaded in under 30 seconds.

We in Germany say: If you want to see scraper action, go to France. They still know how to do it.

How do you see it with scrapers in your country, Guy? Still used a lot or a dying breed?

Best wishes
Max

GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:12:44 PM

Max,

I think that off-road dumpers have taken-over on small sites and where excavators are required, but most French large civil works companies still widely use scrapers on large sites, such as roadways and railways path construction, even on industrial areas large construction sites.
I suppose that, once you have a few dumpers in your fleet, you want to maximize their use: that's why there is generally these days a mix of both types of equipment on most of French construction sites.

You should find pictures of various Caterpillar scrapers used by French companies in some of the dedicated topics of "Photos TP" forum: http://photostp.free.fr/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=14

I hope this helps.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:29:22 AM

Scania 6x4 tractor (Zon Models kit) and Nicolas 2-line tank transporter semi-trailer (MVI kit) being unloaded by a Coles crane (NZG model):

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:38:42 AM

Cararama is mainly known for producing low cost models, generally with a high plastic parts content.
But that producer had also some more classical 1/50 scale excellent models produced, like the following bus and coach models developed for Scania:

- On the left: Scania OmniLink CR 280UB 6x2/4 bus. The vehicle was operated by AB Västaräs Lokaltrafik,
- On the right: Scania/Irizar PB 14.37 HDH 6x2/4 coach, in Viking Line Buss livery.

To be continued.
Guy

GuyM
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:45:38 AM

The large capacity Swedish bus:

The tour coach built by Irizar on a Scania chassis/engine base:

Regards.
Guy
modelmaniac
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 12:02:19 PM

GuyM wrote:
Max,

I think that off-road dumpers have taken-over on small sites and where excavators are required, but most French large civil works companies still widely use scrapers on large sites, such as roadways and railways path construction, even on industrial areas large construction sites.
I suppose that, once you have a few dumpers in your fleet, you want to maximize their use: that's why there is generally these days a mix of both types of equipment on most of French construction sites.

You should find pictures of various Caterpillar scrapers used by French companies in some of the dedicated topics of "Photos TP" forum: http://photostp.free.fr/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=14

I hope this helps.
Guy

There are some really good videos,on youtube of,Deschiron,Guintoli,and others operating scrapers,making those beautiful stretches of French roads,and railways.Some vids even show the grass,before the machines have moved it.Impressive,watching them 'cut' out the exact levels.Great camera placement.The sound of those scraper engines,when fully loaded,is awesome.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:42:51 PM

Guy nice pictures, how about some close ups and information on the trench box load on the tank transport trailer, that looks very nice.
Steve
GuyM
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 3:39:54 AM

Steve,

As per the topic linked here: http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx%3Fg%3Dposts%26t%3D113461 , the trench box was produced by KSM:

I suppose that Jean-Jacques found some models at Intermat (the French equivalent of the German Bauma), which he used to attend in Paris in the past.
I'll ask him about it and will come back to you.

Picture issued from the DHS Forum topic "Liebherr R 954 C HD SL Litronic with various attachments" by Remko.

I hope this helps.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 4:12:19 AM

Some other models from Jean-Jacques' collection:

To be continued.
Guy