Manufacturer: IMC Models
Resin model
Mammoet packaging
In stock
While supplies last
Product no: 410097_000
€158.99 Inc VAT

Paul R

I think I finally found my first Mammoet heavy haulage mode. Or I could tear it apart and make a off highway logger out of it.

Can you tear apart resin?

Paul R

yeh but it be stuffed or in more pieces than it originally was as a kit Teeth

Sent from my HTC M10 - Rooted , using S-OFF , Open Home 6 & Buuf icon packs
http://forum.xda-developers.com/ BUILD YOUR OWN PHONE

GuyM
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 8:20:11 AM
Groups: Member

Gents,

I received yesterday the Sarens DAF NTT 3300 model produced by IMC: what a disappointment!
Very light model with lots of resin parts, even tyres are not rubber-made: it could have been done by GMTS or Dan Models.
We had earlier Tekno military tank transporters DAF/Broshuis sets made of resin as well, does it means that the Dutch modeling trade will more and more move away from metal?

On the positive side, lots of details.

Question: does any one know the GCW of the real Sarens tow truck?

Regards.
Guy
WCollins
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 10:31:26 AM

Paul R wrote:
WCollins wrote:
Paul R wrote:
Mammoet Kenworth 848

Scale 1:50
Manufacturer: IMC Models
Resin model
Mammoet packaging
In stock
While supplies last
Product no: 410097_000
€158.99 Inc VAT

Paul R

I think I finally found my first Mammoet heavy haulage mode. Or I could tear it apart and make a off highway logger out of it.

Can you tear apart resin?

Paul R

I don't know i've never tried, I figure if you pull hard enough it would come apart somewhere, I was more leading to using a Dremel to cut off the ballast box, rear fenders and ladder, and custom building the rest.

-William
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Miniature Construction Models
Brett G
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 11:36:02 AM

My M45 Mack is extremely fragile not a model to handle a lot , when it arrived it was packed well in cotton wool still was in pieces had to re glue.

Sent from my HTC M10 - Rooted , using S-OFF , Open Home 6 & Buuf icon packs
http://forum.xda-developers.com/ BUILD YOUR OWN PHONE

mol
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 8:29:59 PM

GuyM wrote:
Gents,

I received yesterday the Sarens DAF NTT 3300 model produced by IMC: what a disappointment!
Very light model with lots of resin parts, even tyres are not rubber-made: it could have been done by GMTS or Dan Models.
We had earlier Tekno military tank transporters DAF/Broshuis sets made of resin as well, does it means that the Dutch modeling trade will more and more move away from metal?

On the positive side, lots of details.

Question: does any one know the GCW of the real Sarens tow truck?

Regards.
Guy

It seems that this will be a new line next to the "normal line" of models. Especially for the smaller production numbers. Tekno started using way to much resin with the Troco’s. This was a big disappointment when I received it. I did not knew it when I pre-ordered the Daf Tropco. If I knew the Daf Tropco would be made 90% resin I would not have bought one. IMC has followed using resin with the Daf NT 3300 and the Kenworth 848 “Mammoet” This way of producing models is used by GMTS and Dan for years now. For the price, around $ 150,- it is not bad but they should mention the use of resin (as is done with the Kenworth 848)

For my personal opinion this is not the way to make scale models. The use of resin is, in my opinion, only good for very small series (50 pieces or less ) For my collection I want metal models. The use of some resin or plastic parts is ok but it should be minimized.

The use of plastic parts is starting to sneak into model making. Conrad,First Gear,Bymo, Universal hobbies, Motorart use plastic. Even CCM is using plastic in their Diecast series! NZG is one of the last main producers who are using as less as possible plastic parts. I hope NZG keeps this strategy.

I hope the new Drake trailer will be mainly metal. If so this will be the new truck model for next year for me.

After al it is getting simple for me if the manufacturers will continue using this much plastic and resin. In a world where there are too many models and not a big enough budget buy them all (and space to display them), making a decision is easier for me. I buy the metal ones!
Paul
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 4:15:48 PM

Has anyone bought and recieved one of the new IMC (Mammoet)SPMT sets?.

I have Hansebube on Google Translate and it seems to be saying something about limited movement with the IMC version.

Can anyone who has a set give a little review of it?.

Thanks.

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

chevyman
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 4:41:02 PM

Paul wrote:
Has anyone bought and recieved one of the new IMC (Mammoet)SPMT sets?.

I have Hansebube on Google Translate and it seems to be saying something about limited movement with the IMC version.

Can anyone who has a set give a little review of it?.

Thanks.

I got a pair just last week. Initially I wanted a ALE set from NZG but the 1 or 2 I found were expensive so I ordered the IMC version when I saw them. The paint and graphics look good. All the wheels turn 360 degrees however there is NO vertical movement. The hydros have been cast in the up position. I was disappointed when I saw that and there wasn't much of a description on the Mammoetstore site to tell. I'm in the US so I certainly won't be returning them but they weren't quite what I thought they would be.
Paul
Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 8:40:55 PM

Hi Mike, thanks very much for the info.

I guess it's a choice between detail but a lack of functionality(IMC) or less detail but better functionality(NZG).

For me, I think I'm happy with my NZG ones.

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

DumpsterToy
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2016 6:21:13 PM

My thanks also. I had serious thoughts of purchasing a set. As I stated earlier on this forum when recalling Smith Models, you get what you pay for.

dumpster
Paul R
Posted: Saturday, February 06, 2016 5:42:51 AM

Some new announcements from the Toyfair:

MB Arocs 8x4 SLT + 6ax MCO Silvasti

€179

Release Q2-4 2016

Scania 6x4 + 4ax Semitrailer Keller + Hess

€149

Release Q2-4

MB Arocs 6x4 + 3ax Semitrailer Nicolas TII

€129

Release Q2-4 2016

Scania R6 8x4 + 8ax MCO PX Wiesbauer

€189

Release Q2-4 2016

Scania 3er 8x4 + 4ax Semitrailer Schindler

€149

Release Q2-4 2016

Scania 4er 6x4 + 3ax Trailer Torben Rafn

€159

Release Q2-4 2016

DAF XF 4x2 + 3ax Semitrailer Senn AG

€144.99

Release Q2-4 2016

Scania R6 8x4 + 3ax Trailer Karner

€159

Release Q2-4 2016

MB Arocs 6x4 + 6ax Nooteboom MCO yellow RAL1007

€165

Release Q2-4 2016

Scania R7 8x4 + 8ax Semitrailer Neeb

€159

Release Q2-4 2016

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2016 7:26:48 PM

"Following the success of the Tekno MAN TGX model released last year, Speedbird are delighted to unveil it's first exclusive model for IMC Models to the UK market and what a terrific choice to launch the range with! It's been the talk of the truck forums since it's launch onto the road two weeks ago and we are honoured to bring the Mercedes Arocs 8 x 4 with a Nooteboom 6-axle MCO-PX Lowloader in the livery of Scottish Heavy Haulage experts, West of Scotland Heavy Haulage.

Commemorating their 70th Anniversary this year, West of Scotland Heavy Haulage decided to partner with us once again on the strength of our quality and service reputation that we delivered on through our last project. Just like the MAN, the model will be delivered in a specially branded West of Scotland 70th Anniversary Gift Box and accompanied with a limited edition certificate.

The unique collaboration of IMC with it's range of Nooteboom trailers in 1:50 scale and Tekno with it's highly detailed range of tractor-units guarantees to offer collectors the ultimate combination of one of the most highly detailed heavy haulage scale models money can buy!

Expected release date of this model is in time for Truckfest Scotland 2016 with an estimated retail price of £159.95 including free UK delivery."

Paul R
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:22:11 AM

Scheuerle SPMT 6 + 6 + 6 + 6 + PPU Robbins TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine) Load

Due for release at Bauma (April 16)

IMC Tii EuroCompact

The Scheuerle Nicolas EuroCompact is a light modern pendulum-axle lowloader for heavy goods of all kinds. The EuroCompact series offers various combination possibilities for all sorts of transport.

For the Bauma 2016 IMC Models reproduced a 4 axle trailer with 2 axle dolly in scale 1:50 in a highly limited edition of 150 pieces for the collectors market

IMC Tii HighwayTrailer

Scheuerle has developed the HighwayTrailer to be in compliance with north american weight- and lengh laws. This telescopic 3+3+3 trailer is in accordance with all state´s regulations and therefore offers high flexibility for american heavy haulage clients due to its high maneuvrability and low dead weight.

This modern trailer has now been reproduced in scale 1:50 by IMC Models for the Bauma 2016 show. The limited edition model is pulled by a Kenworth T800 heavy haulage tractor in the house design of the TII group to create a perfect american oversize rig.

Only 150 pieces will be made available for the collectors market.

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:21:02 PM

Now available:

Nicolas Tractomas Bauma 2016 Edition

Wiesbauer; Scania 8x4 - MCOPX 2+6

Thömen MB Actros L 6x4-Goldhofer 4 axle

Adams MB MP3 8x4 met MCO121-08V

TII Scheuerle Intercombi 2 + 6 + PB Windblade adapter Windmill wing

Paul R
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 4:52:35 PM

Paul: How in the world does an American like me get his hands on one of those Kenworth T800 with 3x3x3 that Scheuerle has made? It looks spectacular. I am not familiar with IMC models. How do they rate with WSI, Teckno...etc? Many thanks for your reports and pictures. CAW
Paul R
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 5:48:28 PM

Quinella wrote:
Paul: How in the world does an American like me get his hands on one of those Kenworth T800 with 3x3x3 that Scheuerle has made? It looks spectacular. I am not familiar with IMC models. How do they rate with WSI, Teckno...etc? Many thanks for your reports and pictures. CAW

Chuck does carry IMC models so I'd start by asking him about the KW, though I know they are quite limited.

For the most part, IMC use Tekno parts to build the tractor units so are on par with Tekno for that. They do build some of their own trailers which are in par with WSI in terms of detail. Other trailers are either made by Tekno or are re-engineered Lion Toys.

Thanks,

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2016 11:11:33 AM

Quote:
Our latest model, the new 3+6 Multi-PX by Nooteboom Trailers for the beautiful company Bolk Transport BV has finished production and will be on display this Sunday during the Truckstar Mack & Speciaal Transportdag 2016!

Paul R
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Thursday, October 06, 2016 3:30:16 PM

Very nice looking addition to the Bolk stable.

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
Paul R
Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2016 1:02:16 PM

Havator Scania R6 Topline 8x4 with Nooteboom MCO-PX 2+6 axle with LTM11200-9.1 Saddles

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 6:47:53 AM

Mayer Scania R164 Topline 8x4 with goldhofer 3 axle loader:

Scales Volvo F12 6x4 with Nooteboom MCO121-08V

Verschoor Volvo FH04 Globetrotter 8x4 with Nooteboom 7 axle Ballasttrailer

Premium Series Mercedes Benz Actros2 Gigaspace 8x4 "Black Star"

Quinto Mercedes Arocs BigSpace 6x4 with Nooteboom MCO-PX 6 axle

Collett DAF Euro6 SSC 8x4 with Nooteboom MCO-PX 6 axle

Paul R
V8dieselpower
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 2:42:58 PM

I visited the IMC headquarters last week and had a little chat with the guys.
Free coffee and very friendly guys, scored a few nice B-choice models for a good price but in all honesty they have no idea what they are doing.
The whole wharehouse is stacked with models nobody is really waiting for, I don't know about you guys or the european collectors like me for that matter but who is waiting for another different colored goldhofer model produced well over 10 years ago?
They have a Hyundai licence now and they produced a 1:87 heavy duty forlift. The stock they had sold out in a matter of days and when I asked if there was a chance to see one in 1:50 they replied there is no demand for one.
I have been looking for a nicely detailed heavy duty forklift for years now and except the Kalmar one from MLB Models / Motorart there is nothing to be found.
I think anybody with a diorama, be it heavy haulage, cranes, a container yard or just as a load on a truck, everybody can use a decent forklift.

Big wheels keep on turnin' proud V8 keep on burnin'
Passion for power => scania R730