DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Komatsu Backhoes-good or bad? Options · View
js580sl
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 10:53:47 PM
Groups: Member

Few pics of hoes with 4n'1's round here.

All these machines work in the street doing gas work.

Bring the Qball back!
rollinlowford
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 12:25:09 AM

nothin against a harley lol just all i here from guys is they leak like a siv the old hogs leaked new ones i would hope not haha
Linkbelt or Cat
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 2:06:54 AM

I agree with what was said about the 4 in 1 not being the best for digging. Rob used to have a 580Super L with a loader style quickchange and forks. That was trick! But it got stolen...
Now he has this. The 4 in 1 is handy, but I would probably trade it for just the quickchange and and regular bucket and forks. Plus you could use handling arms and sweepers and all kinds of other attachments. He doesn't need to grab stuff with the backhoe that often. Generally we just use the thumb on the trackhoe. Our days of grabbing logs or concrete with the backhoe are pretty few and far between.
Still though compared to the cases I have run with the 4 in 1 the komatsu still has less breakout force.

Jimmy

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive!
Digger Dan
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 3:41:49 AM

Our City had a nice John Deere. Great machines. They sold it cheap and bought a Komatsu. its a piece of junk. Ive run 580 Case machines , John Deere and Cat. I think the rest are worthless. The worst I ever ran was an International 30 years ago. I did like their dozers though. Mike
JustinE
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:24:06 PM

Thanks for those pointers Jim! I new you'd be the man to ask about 4in1 buckets since me and you both run Case backhoes.
The standard bucket I have on the K is is starting to wear down. I figured I'd look into the 4in1 bucket since thats what I really wanted on the K right from the beginning. I do have a set of forks for it which I use when we get a job clearing properity to haul all the brush away. Sometimes if we have the owners permission when we are clearing land, we burn all the logs and brush right on the job. I just scoop it all up with the forks and then dump it right on the bon fire.

-Justin

"Everyone's Goal Is To Mine More Coal!"
PAmining
http://www.youtube.com/user/PAmining
JustinE
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:33:46 PM

Also, have any of you guys ever run Terex excavators? What do you think of them- good or bad?

-Justin

"Everyone's Goal Is To Mine More Coal!"
PAmining
http://www.youtube.com/user/PAmining
Dirtman2007
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:43:29 PM

JustinE wrote:
Also, have any of you guys ever run Terex excavators? What do you think of them- good or bad?

Well Terex excavators in the USA are the same machine as a daewoo, just painted white. We have 2 daewoo's currently and they are a good reliable machine. Only problem is once the reach the 7000- 8000 hour mark it's time to trade it.

Chris

To see our equipment in action:

http://ca.youtube.com/user/letsdig18
js580sl
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 2:52:07 PM

10-4, glad to share experiance.

Bring the Qball back!
linkbelt290rb
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 12:20:32 PM

Im sorry guys, i hate to restart old topics, but the JCB is a very well built machine. We have a 2003 215s and it is a beast, very powerful, sips fuel, comfortable with minimal break downs. I a gree that the Deere, Cat, Case, Volvo are all good machines, but I would choose the Jcb or Deere product over the other brands.

Nothing runs like a deere with a cat on its back but the link belt ate both of them

dain555
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:02:21 PM

The last place I worked at we had a 310 Deere with a 4 in 1 bucket and it would have been a nice machine if it hadn't been beat so bad and actually operated like a backhoe should have been by the one guy. The one guy insisted on running the backhoe with hardly any throttle while digging especially on tree stumps and as most of us here know that is hard on the engine and hydraulics as opposed to runniing it at or near full throttle while digging, also digging force is greater when throttle is higher.

They got a Cat 420 just before I got fired and that was a great machine and it had plenty of power. They tried out a Terex backhoe but the guy who couldn't operate worth a darn was the test operator and I told the boss he wasn't running it properly but the guy still had the last say and they turned the T-Rex down.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Remko
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 3:26:26 PM

I'm no heavy machinery operator, truck driver or something like that. But are there any bad brands left? I'm not talking about the Chinese rip-offs of other manufacturers, but all the major brands (Case, Komatsu, Caterpillar, Terex, Liebherr etc.) all have to comply to similar standards in the industry. So quality overall should be the same.

That said, every operator or driver will have his own preferences and love for a particular brand, even going so far as to say the others are no good or even crap. But that's just an opinion.

Remko

Ocean Traders Scale Models Facebook Group
linkbelt290rb
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 7:30:00 PM

Remko wrote:
I'm no heavy machinery operator, truck driver or something like that. But are there any bad brands left? I'm not talking about the Chinese rip-offs of other manufacturers, but all the major brands (Case, Komatsu, Caterpillar, Terex, Liebherr etc.) all have to comply to similar standards in the industry. So quality overall should be the same.

That said, every operator or driver will have his own preferences and love for a particular brand, even going so far as to say the others are no good or even crap. But that's just an opinion.
i kinda agree, but it all has to do with personal prefrance

Nothing runs like a deere with a cat on its back but the link belt ate both of them