DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

My Crane & Heavy Haulage Models (Updated16/3/13 - Give Svaergods Volvo) Options · View
Sam-wch
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2011 6:20:19 PM
Groups: Member

Liebherr LTF 1060-4.1
This arrived today, I have to say its a much better and nicer model then the LTM 1050 from WSI.
But, if the rumours are true about them making the LTM 1350 they really need to improve the boom cylinders because they can barely hold the boom when fully extended. Anyway enough talk, some pics Teeth

Fully extended

Much more realistic looking boom sections compared to the LTM 1050 in McNally's

Think we'll have to move to a bigger "yard" since we're running outta space d'oh! Teeth

Before anyone says my collection is very "yellow" Confused I have some more models displayed elsewhere that arent yellow and I'm going to be adding some "blue" to the collection next week Cool Wink
transtechnic
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2011 6:33:17 PM

..NICE ONE..Teeth ..love the look of this model..how much re-jigging and a volvo cab would give us an ''IRISH'' livery Whistle Whistle ..thats what i want.Cool..Regards.

Aubrey.

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2011 6:35:53 PM

Nice pics Sam,it looks a great little model,I have yet to display my McNallys LTM1050 so hearing that the boom cylinders can't do what they're intended to do,doesn't sound promising,

A little bit of RAL 1007 never hurt anyone Wink Wink Teeth

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2011 6:37:26 PM

transtechnic wrote:
..NICE ONE..Teeth ..love the look of this model..how much re-jigging and a volvo cab would give us an ''IRISH'' livery Whistle Whistle ..thats what i want.Cool..Regards.

Aubrey.

Just thinking there Aubrey,I think Arklow has the older version on a Scania chassis and all,I have a pic or two burried in my thread somewhere of it

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Sam-wch
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2011 6:45:35 PM

transtechnic wrote:

Aubrey.

A volvo cab and McNally's name all over it and I'd be a happy manTeeth I know theirs is the 1045 but that didn't stop them making a 1050 when the real crane is actually a 1055 and I've also noticed that the Sarens version of this that is coming out is actually based on the 1045 d'oh!
Sam-wch
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2011 6:52:50 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
I have yet to display my McNallys LTM1050 so hearing that the boom cylinders can't do what they're intended to do,doesn't sound promising

The McNally's comes with a pin to hold up the boom Graham so you'll be alright Wink They can hold the boom no problem when the boom is back as far as it goes but if you put a load on it, it will start to bleed Confused

gbarnewall wrote:
Just thinking there Aubrey,I think Arklow has the older version on a Scania chassis and all,I have a pic or two burried in my thread somewhere of it

You better get painting so Graham Wink Teeth Cool
VIPCranes
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2011 12:05:43 AM

nice addition to your fleet sam.Applause Applause Applause Applause

you know i made a little little hole in the cylinder and it works good now.WinkAni

thanks for shearing it.Smile

SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/home/vipyfz2008/index

http://www.youtube.com/user/vipyfz?feature=mhee

luis.
Homer
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2011 7:32:03 AM

transtechnic wrote:

Aubrey.

Dont forget Mr Kavanagh also has one with a volvo cab too, think its a 1045 too though Sad Would love a model of that to go with the ac100 and scania.

Oh nice addition Sam, your gone mad on the spending lately, you've been bitten by the crane and HH collecting bug big time! Sooooooo... whats this "blue" addition you speak of???? Think Think Smile

Noel.
transtechnic
Posted: Saturday, August 06, 2011 7:47:00 AM

Homer wrote:
transtechnic wrote:
..NICE ONE..Teeth ..love the look of this model..how much re-jigging and a volvo cab would give us an ''IRISH'' livERIES Whistle Whistle ..thats what i want.Cool..Regards.

Aubrey.

Dont forget Mr Kavanagh also has one with a volvo cab too, think its a 1045 too though Sad Would love a model of that to go with the ac100 and scania.

Oh nice addition Sam, your gone mad on the spending lately, you've been bitten by the crane and HH collecting bug big time! Sooooooo... whats this "blue" addition you speak of???? Think Think Smile
Whistle ..thats what i said/changed,,,d'oh! Whistle Anxious
AubreySilenced

...SAMMY GOTTA SARENS..Shhh Whistle!!!!?

http://www.Flickr.com/Photos/METALMODELS!/

MY MODEL PHOTOS..
Sam-wch
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2011 2:21:15 PM

VIPCranes wrote:
nice addition to your fleet sam.Applause Applause Applause Applause

you know i made a little little hole in the cylinder and it works good now.WinkAni

thanks for shearing it.Smile

Thanks Luis, the 1060 comes with a hole in the cylinder but the pin doesn't fit Confused

Homer wrote:

Yeah I dont see myself buying that model if it comes out, or anything Kavanagh for that matter Shame on you WinkAni

Yeah I know I have gone slightly mad, think I need help Confused Cool Flat out in work the last 3 weeks and with "Big Hamish" delayed for 2 months I've had a bit of extra cash to spend Teeth

transtechnic wrote:
...SAMMY GOTTA SARENS..Shhh Whistle!!!!?

As for the blue additon's Wink ye will just have to wait Teeth Whistle
Sam-wch
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:51:10 AM

Big package day today Teeth

Fermentation Tank, Sarens LTM1050, Sarens MB Actros w/Ballasttrailer & Sarens Scania w/semi-lowloader. Cool

The 2 tractor units.

Sam-wch
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:52:44 AM

Liebherr LTM1050-3.1

Thankfully the cylinder is a lot stiffer on this model.
Sam-wch
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:55:03 AM

Fermentation Tank being lifted.

View from operator cabs of LTM1300 & LTM1200

The boxes are really starting to stack up now d'oh! Teeth
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 1:46:27 PM

Wow! You are breaking the bank with that lot!! Some nice additions though and good to see them being put to work so quickly.

Paul R
VIPCranes
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 2:37:03 PM

Congrats sam. In your new additions that 1050 looks owesome with those trucks nice fleet. I may start withe livery versions now they look great. Applause Applause Applause Applause

SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/home/vipyfz2008/index

http://www.youtube.com/user/vipyfz?feature=mhee

luis.
Paul A
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:11:48 PM

Thats a cracking twin lift luvin them yellow cranes.
Paul A

Take it to the limit and then just a bit more
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:14:27 PM

Thats a nice package day there Sam,the Sarens 1050 and Scania are still on my long finger,my very very very long finger Sad

Nice to see them set up too along with the 2 liebherrs,the way Conrad intended Teeth

Homer
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:51:36 PM

Great package day Sam, you'll have to take the plunge and order the Sarens SGC and LG1550 now that your a Sarens collector!! Wink

Noel.
Sam-wch
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 7:52:19 AM

Paul R wrote:
Wow! You are breaking the bank with that lot!! Some nice additions though and good to see them being put to work so quickly.

Paul R

Thanks Paul Teeth Can't have em' parked up, need to be out making money Teeth Cool
Sam-wch
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 7:54:08 AM

VIPCranes wrote:
Congrats sam. In your new additions that 1050 looks owesome with those trucks nice fleet. I may start withe livery versions now they look great. Applause Applause Applause Applause

Thanks Luis, yeah the 1050 is real sharp looking!! If you start with the livered versions you wont be able to stop, I cant d'oh! Teeth