DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gottwald AMK1000 Options · View
Paul R
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2003 4:24:50 AM

Groups: Member

Has anybody heard anything more about this 1/50th scale model? KSM have given out several dates that have all passed, but I have not seen anything with the exception of what is on the website.

Just curious.

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2003 4:47:10 PM

Well another 8 months (almost) have gone by! I have not heard anything and I can't even find mention of it on KSM's website. Has this project been shelved?

Paul R
Bridge
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2003 6:38:43 PM
Groups: Guest

Paul R,
I can still find pictures of the Gottwald AMK1000 on the KSM website under their Projects directory. Have you tried sending KSM an e-mail for an update ? I heard that the quality of the LTM 1400 that is made by KSM isn't that good. If they do come out with the AMK1000, I hope the price is less than the 715 euros for the LTM 1400. For that price, you could afford a CC8800 and an LTM 1300 including shipping. That's $835 for those of us on this side of the pond. I could buy a CCM Link Belt 1:87 crawler crane for that portion of my paycheck. Ten years ago, I didn't spend more than $110 for a model. Five months ago, I didn't pay more than $160. Maybe it's just inflation, but this is an expensive addiction we have. Please let us know if you hear an update on the AMK1000. You might have to build your own. I wish I had the motivation of the custom builders on this website. The closest thing I have is a Gottwald AK850 by Kibri.
Regards,
Paul F
Paul R
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2003 11:21:55 PM

Paul F,
yes I have sent an email but have yet to get a response. The price of the AMK1000 was released some months ago but I can't remember what it was. I think it was cheaper than the LTM1400 though and initial protoytpes suggest it was better quality. I found the projects tab this time. Must have been half asleep this morning!

For a model that they told me was going to ship in June,it sure taking a long time!

Paul R
Christian
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2003 7:14:33 AM

it is definately not cheaper, as you need the base crane for 650 euros and the boom carrier (with boom logically) for 590.

a friend of mine has 2 already (one in Riga, one in Breuer-design) and i must say i am beginning to think about it. those were just prototypes (he knows the KSM guy very well) but still they look great. KSM is still working on the standard series model. remember, this is a one-man-company and for that he does a great job.

Christian

erik32
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2003 9:03:36 AM

Hi Guys,

It's not my habit to speak badly about people or firms, but i will NOT order anything at KSM if i were you. I have been trying for about a year now to buy the Gottwald. So i started mailing them;once, twice, and again, and again, and again..... No answer at first. So i forgot about it for a while. A couple of months later i tried again, and again...... No answer. Then i send them an email in which i asked why they didn't reply my emails (i know they read them because i used email reading confirmation). I guess they didn't like that question, because now emidiatly i got an email in which they said they couldn't answer me because i asked different questions all the time. But hey, i had send about 8 emails before that, they could have answered at least once i think. And yes, i changed my question once: after trying to order the AMK1000 about three times, i asked them if it was possible to buy it unpainted. Is that such a difficult question to answer?
They said they weren't making AMK1000's for a while. Backordering was not an option. They also told me to meet them first at a modelshow, and they would then decide IF i could buy a model from them. Other contact was obviously not apriciated. Also they didn't want to answer the questions i asked in my mails. I asked others at a forum a while back (i think it was at www.hansebube.de) if they had expirience with KSM. I got a fair amount of emails. A few of them were people who rated KSM as a good firm. But two / thirds of them however were people who rated them bad!
Like i told you, i don't like to write badly about anyone, and you must all decide what to do with this info, but i just think they could have treated me seriously. If they would have been treating me differently, they could have sold me an AMK1000 and a LTM1400, guess they weren't interested in making money or something. Or just couldn't deliver.

Erik
Paul R
Posted: Monday, October 06, 2003 1:40:57 PM

Christian,
yes, you are correct. I forgot that the two pieces came seperately.

Erik - I feel your pain, but I have ordered other stuff from KSM in the past and have had good luck. I'll have to wait a little longer on the AMK1000 by the sounds of it.

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2011 11:05:42 AM

Paul R wrote:
....... I'll have to wait a little longer on the AMK1000 by the sounds of it.

Paul R

Guess I didn't realise at that time I'd be waiting 8 years for this model Teeth

Paul R
gabugman
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2011 11:39:05 AM

Lol, what prompted you to dig this gem up, Paul?

Bug

ITW Security
Paul R
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:32:29 PM

I'm got bored. Travelling on the train to Heathrow so was just messing about with the search engine and found this! I had to laugh when I read it Smile

Paul R
JohnGalt
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 3:49:30 PM

Nice find, Paul. I had forgotten about the KSM versions, but am glad that we can now have this crane from YCC. After dismantling my fleet for the move to a new house, I can honestly say that for the price, you can't beat YCC for detail, functionality, and packaging. Conrad is second for value, then WSI, with NZG a distant fourth, and TWH in the minor leagues.
Back on topic, good things come to those who wait.
ulf
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 7:29:03 PM

JohnGalt wrote:
Nice find, Paul... and TWH in the minor leagues. Back on topic, good things come to those who wait.

I must confess - after Mike's superb re-paint of his 18000 - I broke down and finally assembled my Lampson version (w/ standard red extension) just to make sure I still had all the parts. It had been lying around for the last year or so in miscellaneous pieces (don't ask.)
Anyway, I had read the reviews about how it was built in module form and didn't allow for much display "creativity." Once I got into assembly, I really was surprised and a bit annoyed at some of the short cuts taken with this basically very attractive model. If TWH had implemented some of the 1750 features, the overall product would be vastly superior. This idea of pinning the back jib mast and running pendents to the main boom - where they basically support nothing - is really odd. Conrad at least had the back jib mast movable via a piston so the pendents actually supported the jib. It also appears the equalizer is FAR too short between the main and back mast. These items (and others) can and will be corrected, but the crane is sill rather an interesting disappointment.
Think
PileDriving
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 7:33:32 PM

ulf wrote:
JohnGalt wrote:
Nice find, Paul... and TWH in the minor leagues. Back on topic, good things come to those who wait.

I must confess - after Mike's superb re-paint of his 18000 - I broke down and finally assembled my Lampson version (w/ standard red extension) just to make sure I still had all the parts. It had been lying around for the last year or so in miscellaneous pieces (don't ask.)
Anyway, I had read the reviews about how it was built in module form and didn't allow for much display "creativity." Once I got into assembly, I really was surprised and a bit annoyed at some of the short cuts taken with this basically very attractive model. If TWH had implemented some of the 1750 features, the overall product would be vastly superior. This idea of pinning the back jib mast and running pendents to the main boom - where they basically support nothing - is really odd. Conrad at least had the back jib mast movable via a piston so the pendents actually supported the jib. It also appears the equalizer is FAR too short between the main and back mast. These items (and others) can and will be corrected, but the crane is sill rather an interesting disappointment.
Think

Think Ill trade you my NZG Link-Belt RTC8060 for your 18000.....Whistle

Justin

ulf
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 7:36:23 PM

I already have 2 or 3. But I still need to rig the 18000 - so I may get back to you... Whistle
PileDriving
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 7:38:07 PM

ulf wrote:
I already have 2 or 3. But I still need to rig the 18000 - so I may get back to you... Whistle

lol the 18000 is easy to rig........real easy.....

Justin
cranedude07
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 8:06:45 PM

^ yes it is! I love my 18000, even though it has flaws

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
ulf
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 8:32:26 PM

Overall, it IS an impressive model, I need taller ceilings - 365' scale here...
Almost makes the 1750 look sort of puny.
Cool
bigcranes
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 10:32:05 PM

She looks good in red and blue Ulf!

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
ulf
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 10:34:16 PM

My intent was to re-paint the red sections (and possibly a bit more) white. I'm not so sure about the blue and red, I just threw it together over the weekend to get a feel for size and spacing... Think
Paul R
Posted: Friday, July 28, 2017 1:50:16 PM

I had to dig this up again for posterity reasons! This post is now over 14 years old and it has been over 6 years since YCC announced the AMK 1000-103.

As of yesterday I managed to complete the set of 5 by finding the Riga Mainz modern version in Germany Smile A few weeks ago I found the Chi Sun version (produced in the least numbers) in the USA and it arrived last week.

For me, the AMK 1000-103 is still the King of cranes, especially in the 1:50 world Smile

Paul R