DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

My new CCM 6060 models Options · View
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2023 5:19:56 PM

Groups: Member

I just got these in yesterday. They look great and I am glad I got the pair. I took some pics with my 6030 to show the size difference between them. I might have to pick up the 6030 back hoe to complete the set when my 6090 comes in.

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
Dex
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2023 6:39:19 PM

CCMs news blog has been awfully quite. Glad there's stuff at least going on behind the scenes.

These look awesome, btw, congrats!
modelmaniac
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2023 5:30:03 PM

That backhoe version,of the 6060,looks really good.I am so pleased with CAT able to provide a whole package for mining.Big shovels,massive dumptrucks,and all the dozers,graders and support vehicles.Smile
Jamiescotland
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2023 7:24:15 PM

Can you take a close up of some of the walkways please? I was disappointed with the 6090 walkways - solid with no perforations or photoetched metal. If ROS can do it well on their Sennebogen material handlers, surely CCM can do it. Is the walkway outside the cab perforated? What about those on the boom? Thanks, Jamie
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2023 9:32:18 PM

Here is photos of the walkways. On the tops of the machines there is perforated holes but on the booms looks like just solid with indentations.

I know KPS has photo etch gratings all around. If those types of details are key for you I would suggest picking up a KPS RH 400.

Jamiescotland
Posted: Sunday, March 05, 2023 3:56:40 AM

Thanks for the photos. I'm afraid my model-buying is practically non-existent at the moment and has been for some time (I'm struggling financially), but I love to see what's out there and pretend I have a choice! Yes I love the look of the KPS models, but they are three times as much as CCM. I just feel that adding a few small photoetched walkway pieces would transform the CCM shovels and surely can't add too much in the way of extra production costs. Every other decent model manufacturer gives us photoetched walkways, so why can't CCM on their big shovels? I just can't believe it! They're like JOAL or Norscot. The rest of the models look great (apart from the lack of tinted cab glass).
Pascal73
Posted: Sunday, March 05, 2023 6:33:00 AM

Alberta Millwright wrote:
Here is photos of the walkways. On the tops of the machines there is perforated holes but on the booms looks like just solid with indentations.

I know KPS has photo etch gratings all around. If those types of details are key for you I would suggest picking up a KPS RH 400.

BYMO had on the RH 340 15 years ago the perforated grids...... CCM reproduces "the same machine" with the means of 2023 without being able to..... This is really pathetic, but CCM must also keep its reputation..... not well finished but very expensive.
I booked this machine more than a year ago, so out of respect for the seller I’ll pay for it, but I’m still very disappointed. Finally, it is unfortunately not the price that makes the quality.

www.ec1000.net
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Sunday, March 05, 2023 4:05:47 PM

I like the photo etch a lot better as well and it would be nicer if CCM could incorporate it especially since the 6030 has photo etch on the top of the machine anyway. Maybe they were trying to keep costs down for us collectors since materials and labour are flying through the roof right now? I am still very impressed by these models and I don't find it overpriced for what you get. KPS is a perfect example of if you want perfection then pay the $2800.00 price tag for it.

digggerr
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2023 3:48:24 PM

Well, after failing miserably on getting the track shoes right on the 6090s and 6030s, the 6060s look to be correct.

Of course, everything is not as it should be. On the front shovel, the boom cylinders should be attached to the lower mounting points on the upperworks! The upper mounting points are for a backhoe front end only.

Using your own photo, the 6030 is configured correctly while the 6060 is not.

Alberta Millwright
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 12:35:02 AM

Yes you are correct, you can take the pins out and change the location but I found that the big cylinder eye gets bound when you go to extend them so you cant quite get a full extension on the main boom (pins get released from inside out). If you are posing it with the bucket down you can make it right with no issues.

If I was to compare the 6030 model with the 6060 I actually like the 6030 a bit more, has more details.

Now to see what the new 6090 will be like in a couple months.

Rivera2171
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 8:39:23 AM

Jamiescotland wrote:
Thanks for the photos. I'm afraid my model-buying is practically non-existent at the moment and has been for some time (I'm struggling financially), but I love to see what's out there and pretend I have a choice! Yes I love the look of the KPS models, but they are three times as much as CCM. I just feel that adding a few small photoetched walkway pieces would transform the CCM shovels and surely can't add too much in the way of extra production costs. Every other decent model manufacturer gives us photoetched walkways, so why can't CCM on their big shovels? I just can't believe it! They're like JOAL or Norscot. The rest of the models look great (apart from the lack of tinted cab glass).

Pascal73 wrote:

BYMO had on the RH 340 15 years ago the perforated grids...... CCM reproduces "the same machine" with the means of 2023 without being able to..... This is really pathetic, but CCM must also keep its reputation..... not well finished but very expensive.
I booked this machine more than a year ago, so out of respect for the seller I’ll pay for it, but I’m still very disappointed. Finally, it is unfortunately not the price that makes the quality.

I like the photo etch a lot better as well and it would be nicer if CCM could incorporate it especially since the 6030 has photo etch on the top of the machine anyway. Maybe they were trying to keep costs down for us collectors since materials and labour are flying through the roof right now? I am still very impressed by these models and I don't find it overpriced for what you get. KPS is a perfect example of if you want perfection then pay the $2800.00 price tag for it.

100% agree about the photo etch walkways, particularly since the 6015 has them (and it looks fantastic!)

👍
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2023 11:28:17 PM

I added some decals to make it look a little different than all the others out there. I have the itch to weather it but that is a little too permanent so I will stick with this for now.

Jamiescotland
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2023 4:05:55 AM

That looks great!! Can you add some nice red fire units too? That will really add to the look. It also needs a green tint to the cab glass. That could just be possible to do without having to take the cab off. I use window tint film on many of my customs and it works well.