DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Keep us in your minds!! Options · View
dain555
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2022 11:17:08 AM

Groups: Member

Hey, y'all, I'm in Sarasota, Florida and our area was hit hard with a Catagory 4 Hurricane Ian Wednesday!!! Please keep us in mind as many people have lost their homes and businesses!! Between Cape Coral and Northport is basically destroyed from the eye and the storm surge flooding!!!

Please if you feel the need to donate to help, donate to church, look online but please don't donate to the Red Cross as we here in Florida will not see much of the donations!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Steveo
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2022 11:51:36 AM

We need to donate through IDES as 100% goes to relief !!!!!!!!!!!!
Rivera2171
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2022 3:45:51 PM

Sucks for all the people going through this right now. I am keeping you in mind Dain. Fingers crossed for a speedy and satisfactorily resolute recovery.

👍
modelmaniac
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2022 4:54:51 PM

Here,in the U.K. we are so lucky,no killer animals,no killer weather systems,no earthquakes,of any significance,nothing much to think about.It never ceases to amaze me, just how big and powerful those storms are,or how much damage they do,over a massive area.Everyone affected by this particular storm,has the whole U.K. support.I know,they will build again,and have a much better future.
dain555
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2022 12:43:21 PM

Thank you all!! I know many at the shelter I'm at have lost everything!! I'm hoping these people will rebuild as they like the weather here!!

Prayers definitely help a lot and not only for the victims but for ALL the heroes here helping to restore the electricity but for the people who are manning the shelters here. Many have left their families to come here to Sarasota, Florida to take care of those of us who are medically needy!!! Many of the workers have come from 4+ hours to take care of us. Then there are the people from the school we are sheltered in who are feeding us 3 timed a day and keeping the school maintained!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Quinella
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2022 3:21:27 PM

Dain: I'm so sorry to here of those horrible stories of loss and despair. I will definitely send my donation to the relief efforts. I will be thinking about all of you folks down there. Stay safe and let us know how we can help. CAW
dain555
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2022 5:36:26 PM

Thanks Quin!!

Dain