DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

First Gear Dumpp Trailer? Options · View
Claus
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2021 2:48:47 PM

Groups: Member

I was wondering if any of you that on the new first gear dump trailer could you tell me if the quality is any better than their lowboys? Thanks
Bostonian79
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2021 3:13:46 PM

I personally am no fan of the First Gear lowbeds because they are not Rogers lowbeds I am not a fan of the First Gear dumps either because they do not use J&J Dump Bodies but I am only one person so I will let the experts tell you how good the quality is Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced Silenced
Barkerjoh
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2021 4:06:42 PM

I have two of the dump trailers. Quality isn’t too bad. Only downfall I have is the dump height or tip point. There are some details that would make it great. One is the not to beat a dead horse but dump height needs to be fixed. Also a cool working feature would be the man door cut out they have on it should open. I don’t have any of the new run low boys but I have the original ones and were not too bad. Think the trailer wheels are small but for price point we’re good then. Yes I have Rogers lowboys and sword East dumps among other pieces.
Claus
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2021 4:35:28 PM

The problem I have with FG lowboys is I have owned four of them and two of those had the plastic parts of the deck curl up into the shape of a banana. Kind of gun shy now when buying FG.