DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Hoping all are well!! Options · View
dain555
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 3:34:23 PM

Groups: Member

I know most of us are in the same boat as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is going around the world. I was just wondering if those of our members are being affected in the same way that some of us here in the USA are??? Here in Florida we have the beaches closed, the bars (pubs for those who call them that) closed and we are being told to limit our time out and about to basically getting groceries and fuel for our vehicles. I am 62 and my significant other is 70, she has some medical issues that require me to be extra careful so that I don't get the virus and bring it back to her. A lot of what we are going thru is like being in a hurricane but there is no wind or rain.

Please, if you are being affected by this virus heed the warnings so you don't cause your neighbors to get it as they may not be able to take it. Limit your distance from others and use other forms of saying hi like πŸ–– (the Vulcan Salute), πŸ€™(the Hawaiian symbol for your good) orπŸ‘(thumbs up)!! Be safe my brothers and sisters and if worse comes to worse you can pass the time by modeling or setting up some diorama!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 4:36:20 PM

You too Dain. Same things going on here in Charlotte. I'm 72 and wife is 71. We have been holed up for a week now. I think this stuff originated somewhere near Scituate RI
JohnGalt
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 5:46:33 PM

I've been home with my wife and kids (8 and 5) for a week now, and St. Louis just announced that everybody needs to stay home for the next 30 days. Grocery stores, pharmacies, and healthcare facilities will stay open. We're set for a while with supplies, and both my wife and I can do most of our work from computers at home. However, dividing attention between work and the boys has proven to be a challenge so far, so we'll see if I still have my sanity in another month.
SDBOB
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 7:56:22 PM

We both are 72. I've been working in shop and garage on hobbies. Wife likes to go to store.Me, I can but I'm a homebody. There is a email going around supposedly by Stanford medical,from what Ive read it's fake. Read different articles CDC ,WHO,etc. People are hoarding paper products,nuts. One guy at store was hogging all the eggs he could get.Another man,who told my wife this,ssid,can I get a dozen,guy said well Ok! Everyone take care. We pray and pray for all.
SDBOB
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 8:14:39 PM

Local family restaurant we eat at is closed. They still have take out so we have been buying takeout once or twice a week. Businesses closed here. Some walking trails are closed. Last week our governor closed the turnpike rest stops and placed portapotties for truckers delivering goods. DAAA. Ssid they would be cleaned every day. Enough of complaints whe opened them. On another note I recorded a movie called 'Earthworm Tractors',salesman trying sell tractors. Here it had sponsorship by Caterpillar. Back in 20s. Had some factory pictures. kind of corny but some factory pics were interesting .
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 10:42:42 PM

dain555, JohnGalt, SDBOB and whoever this new Quinella dude is (72) the only one I know from NC is in his not so early hundreds. You and your families all stay safe both fake β€œQ” 72 and very old β€œQ” you know how old you are. I like to have fun with the old man, but this is serious and we should do everything possible to follow what the experts say for both ourselves and others.
Everyone stay healthy and safe. The only thing that originated from Scituate, RI and nearby are handsome men.
Steve
brian falcone
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2020 10:13:47 AM

We are ok here in northern ri. I'm so glad we moved out of the city and I have acres of woods and no neighbors. The kids are schooling with laptops at home. And they can still go outside and enjoy the farm. Freezer is full. Pantry is full,camper is full of backup dry goods.Wife works in a nursing home as a director so her job is safe. My work was getting sketchy but we just got a job inside a place that manufactures paper goods. Have to dig footings and pour slabs for new press machines that will be making masks and other safety equipment. Hoping everyone is safe. I do worry about my elderly father as he still ventures out even though I told him to stay put and let me get the things he may need.
dain555
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2020 1:19:38 PM

Well I'm glad everyone is doing good!! I know for us (my significant other and myself) we have our medications for 3 months and a freezer with lots of stuff. We also have some MREs yet as we try to keep them on hand for hurricane season here in Florida. Plus we have canned goods and other stuff to eat. I'm an "old school" camper as I grew up going tent camping, plus I was in the USAF during the Cold War so we had to practice a lot at putting on the gear like protective suits with gas masks and being very careful as to not damage the suit. I also have been a firefighter so I'm also well versed on that gear as well.

Take care all and remember to practice that Social Distancing stuff, treat others like they are a Conrad Liebherr LR1750 with all the plastic boom pins in and a 1 pound load on the hook all while being looked at by a cat!!!!!!

Be safe guys and gals and we will get thru this and beat this past like kicking the zinc pests in our models!!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
SDBOB
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2020 8:18:34 PM

We are praying for all,the medical profession,the leaders,businesses, all the population effected,the deceased. No matter what country. We will win in the end,it will be scary,but we will win. God Bless all.
JohnGalt
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 3:21:17 PM

dain555 wrote:
Treat others like they are a Conrad Liebherr LR1750 with all the plastic boom pins in and a 1 pound load on the hook all while being looked at by a cat!!!!!!

Excellent analogy!
Cat345bl
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:36:00 PM

Glad to see everyone else on here is doing well and taking it easy. I am doing ok here in PA. I am working from home about 4 days a week and going into the office at least once a week because I work at a life sustaining business. I believe that I am taking this whole thing pretty well for the most part but am bummed out that I am missing my baseball but at least the weather is starting to break. If we wait it out this whole thing will eventually subside and we can back to our normal routine and life.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24