DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

1/6th scale grain truck with pup and 1/6th scale service truck projects Options · View
Don Campbell
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2019 1:07:18 PM
Groups: Member

Hi Guys,
Been several years since I built any models . I had fun building 15 half scale garden tractors converting them into mini farm tractors. I had 50 new tires and rims left from my model building days. So I decided to use them up and build a few trucks. I am working on the grain truck , the service truck , the offroad articulating truck and I will get going on the IH 350 Payhauler Dump Truck next weekend. That will use up 48 of the tires and rims. Seems great to be puttering in my little workshop building models again. Smile Here are some pics of the progress so far if I can figure out how to attach them.
Jamiescotland
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2019 3:44:02 PM

Hooray!! Great to hear from you Don, and so nice to hear you're building models again. I've had a period of inactivity as family, work and finance have meant I've had to concentrate on other things. Still love to see what everyone else is up to. Look forward to seeing your photographs. Do you have a Flickr page? Maybe you could do that and post a link to it.
dain555
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2019 3:44:36 PM

Welcome back Don!!!! Can't wait to see what you're doing these days!!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
modelmaniac
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2019 6:43:57 PM

Cannot wait to see images of that Payhauler.No doubt,it will be really good.
Don Campbell
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2019 9:49:47 PM

Thanks for the kind words. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to attach pics here. I sent a couple pics to Chuck to show him . The grain hauler with both trailers will be over 8 feet long. I got the first tailgate and hinges built today . It is very exciting to be building a few models again after all these years.
Dex
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2019 10:53:44 PM

Oh my goodness gracious! Great to see a post from you, you're a huge influence, Don. I can't wait to check out your latest work.
Don Campbell
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 7:50:53 PM

Thanks , that is very nice to hear. I got a E-mail from Chuck and he said he will post the pics here on the sight I sent him. Iam sending him a couple more so hopefully you can see them soon. Today I got the metal cut , bent and welded together for the both tailgates and got the brackets made to connect them to both boxes. I also got the brackets made for the dump pivot points with 5/16" pins. This is the first time the boxes have been attached to the frame and wheel assemblies. Also a pic of me next to the old IH 350 PayHauler. I drove this in South Haven, Michigan along with a few other old construction machines. Next week I will start bending up the frame for this truck project too but I will build it with a dump box. We got 4 to 5" of snow now and I was hoping it would melt. I may have to plow some snow tomorrow.
RobS
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 9:26:12 AM

I saw your pics over on TractorByNet. Pretty impressive build!

Rob
Don Campbell
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2019 6:59:30 PM

Thanks , yes I share the progress on many of my projects there and The Garage Journal and GT Talk. I also worked on several garden tractor projects the last few years and shared them along with my models. I'm sure Chuck is so busy , so feel free to check the progress there once in a while. Today I set the grain truck project aside and started on the IH 350 Payhauler Dump Truck. I'll post the first progress pics next week of that project.