DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

1/50 Shipping Containers Options · View
Cat345bl
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2019 11:39:00 PM
Groups: Member

One thing I noticed during my time collecting in this hobby is that almost every diecast manufacturer has made 1/50 shipping containers including NZG, WSI, Conrad, and Joal. Some are better than others though. Heres my thoughts based on the ones I own.

Conrad Ref # 46124, Volvo FH16 Tractor with Nooteboom Flexitrailer. I recently picked this up on clearance and this set features (2) 20' shipping containers in Mersk and P&O Nedlloyd colors. Conrad's 20' 1/50 shipping containers are currently the best 1/50 shipping containers on the market because the rear doors open allowing more poses especially in a diorama setting. Conrad also makes a 40' shipping container that was available with a red Mercedes tractor, and dark blue Volvo tractor. The only flaw with these containers is that wish they had forklift pockets on the bottom but since there are all metal I doubt an average size loader in 1/50 would be strong enough to hold a pose with the container in the air. If you are looking for 1/50 shipping containers I would recommend picking up this set.

Looks good posed on a quick tabletop 1/50 water and sewer dio.

Conrad Also made another Nooteboom Container set, Ref # 66134. This one is harder to find than the previous set. Conrad also sells the 20' containers separately in limited run livery's.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

SDBOB
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2019 10:44:37 PM
Groups: Member

Atlas o gauge makes nice detailed plastic containers. All roads,detailed latches on opening doors. Ones I have do not have fork pockets. They are light enough though.