DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Toronto Area Machinery Photos Options · View
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2019 6:25:42 PM

Groups: Member

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Q all this hostility, when the Sox are World Champs along with the Pats who I might add are a dynasty, and I believe their owner who is very frugal and would be glad to get you some $59.00 massages if you would only show good will to our professional sports teams. Also I’m not a big basketball fan so I really could not follow your name dropping in that sport, all that info you had on it sounds like it came right off the sports page from the Sunday NC Gazette which I understand is always available in the senior center next to the napping couches.
Also, the Hornets should probably ship a couple of their stars over to the Hurricanes so they could have a better chance of representing themselves in playoff hockey. My wife’s sisters husband cousin is out in Cali, it was her brothers uncles grandmothers aunt who had a friend in Canada that knew someone that was familiar with Boston that had given her directions for me, but you were close.
Also my wife took my 3D printer from me so some items may not be able to get produced that were going to be heading south, however I maybe able to come across with an Eastern Confrence Championship Bruins cap for you, you mean old man.
I’ll be watching professional hockey up this way, while your out in your dingy catching salt water fish in Lake Norman.
Volvo makes cabovers, you did know that.

Oh, so it's Boston, Rhode Island?????? Oh, the week of NASCAR racing is going on here in the home of NASCAR. Next week the World 600. Living large in the greatest sports conglomerate city not in Massachusetts.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2019 7:05:43 PM

Q I know all about your NASCAR (those are the cars that can only turn left), don’t forget I did time in Charlotte. However NASCAR cannot exist until hockey season is over, oh I’m sorry the season is over for you I forgot. Will any of the Hurricanes be on some of the pit crews or will they be participating in learn to skate clinics.
Just getting by in RI I’m not in Massachusetts either
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2019 7:08:37 PM

Neil we need more pictures of iron from hockeyland with those beautiful backgrounds.
Steve
ROB
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2019 9:25:37 AM

GREAT PICS KEEP POSTING, ANYMORE GFL PICS, I LIKE THAT GREEN... ROB....
Quinella
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2019 12:29:49 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Q I know all about your NASCAR (those are the cars that can only turn left), don’t forget I did time in Charlotte. However NASCAR cannot exist until hockey season is over, oh I’m sorry the season is over for you I forgot. Will any of the Hurricanes be on some of the pit crews or will they be participating in learn to skate clinics.
Just getting by in RI I’m not in Massachusetts either

Dipstick, if they only turn left, how do they go through the road course? How about the straightaways? We have the spring sprints also. The only thing you know how to drive is driving me nuts. No more sheep imogees please. I'm worried about you. Now Neil, back to more pictures in Toronto. How about some lowloaders? CAW
Neil87
Posted: Friday, May 24, 2019 7:01:35 AM

1. Green for Life (GFL) and their recently acquired (last year or year before) Cat 245D with a lengthened boom and stick. This machine was used by a contractor in California, before coming to Canada.
2. Green for Life (GFL) and their Cat 245D, seen on another site in Toronto with a different freshly branded stick.
3. Two TACC Cat 245s (one purchased new from Cat) and a Priestly Link Belt 8000 with a mass boom.
4. Two TACC Cat 245s parked side by side. Unit #221 is the original excavator purchased new from Cat, while #218 is a Belgian built model.
5. A TACC owned Cat D6R up on the excavated earth pile, leveling it out for rock trucks.
6. A GFL owned TCC450 Linkbelt telescopic crawler crane.
7. Another old warrior, a Michael Bros. owned Cat 235C which was this companies first excavator. They had two up until recently.
8. Another Michael Bros. owned Cat365BL, right in the heart of Toronto.

If Mother Nature wanted fiberglass boats, she would have planted fiberglass trees.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2019 1:41:56 PM

Neil all great pictures, keep shooting and posting.
Thanks
Steve
Neil87
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 5:06:13 AM

1. TACC and Priestly Demolition, working together to excavate and remove the footings and base of the former Lakeview Generating Station.
2. Old 200 series Caterpillar excavators stored together. x2 245's, x4 235's.
3. Priestly Demolition and their EC700 Volvo high reach and their Kobelco SK1000D LC high reach.
4. Varcon and their Hitachi EX1200 that was imported from California over 2-3 years ago. It has been sitting for over 1.5 years after completion of a large water main project.
5. Varcons Cat 375L with their Hitachi EX1200, which both have been sitting for over a year after project completion.
6. Torcon and their mostly Cat fleet and unmistakable green.
7. Caterpillar D9H with a push blade.
8. Cozza Bros. and their nice fire engine red fleet of equipment with a 345CL seen here.
9. The largest sewer configured excavator in Canada, the Cat 5110BL with a NYE quick attach system, a Long boom and stick.

If Mother Nature wanted fiberglass boats, she would have planted fiberglass trees.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 8:16:21 PM

Pictures of the 245, 235 and 9H are great.
Steve
Neil87
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2019 6:20:02 PM

1. Stored for the long term, a Cat 235 and Koehring 6644 wait up an uncertain future. This contractor was well known in Orangeville as Pit-On Construction Limited. From the 70s to the early 2000s, their old fleet including Koehring 1066D,1266D,866e,1166E could be seen around the Peel region.
2. Tacc on another location with their 5110BL with 30ft long boom and 18ft stick, making this the largest excavator in the Toronto area.
3. Tacc line up of equipment parked for the winter.
4. Priestly Demolition and their classic Link Belt 8000 with Mass Excavation setup and a 2nd member shear, on site in Mississauga, Ontario to the west of Toronto. This is the site of the former Lakeview Generating Station.
5. Komatsu PC1250 owned by Geo-solutions, imported into Canada to dig a slurry wall in the Toronto Portlands. The reach with the custom made slurry boom and stick is in the 80-90ft range.
6. York Demolition with their Volvo EC700BHR. Any old 60s-80s shots of construction projects in Toronto are bound to have York equipment on site.

modelmaniac
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2019 8:03:32 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Thanks
Steve

Really good pics.Vey crisp.Really detailed subjects.What camera is it?It produces very clear shots.Love the look of those machines.Maybe you have really good light,outside,or whatever but those pics are good.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2019 12:23:24 AM

Neil would you have any more history about Pit-On Construction Limited.
Steve
Neil87
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2019 6:05:25 AM

modelmaniac wrote:
Exkvate3140 wrote:
Thanks
Steve

Really good pics.Vey crisp.Really detailed subjects.What camera is it?It produces very clear shots.Love the look of those machines.Maybe you have really good light,outside,or whatever but those pics are good.

Thank you! I use a hobby level Nikon D3300 with a 70-300mm telephoto. Minimal editing is used, only to correct exposures.

Neil87
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2019 6:28:27 AM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Neil would you have any more history about Pit-On Construction Limited.
Steve

There isn't much out there on them. I'm trying to contact a few former employees to see what they know.

They had their office/yard in Orangeville at 580 Riddell Rd, Orangeville, ON L9W 5H3 and from this street view link, you can see the Koehring 1166E in their yard back in 2009. - https://goo.gl/maps/zgTZFn3t5bQxYXCJA

Here is one of their Koehring 866E on a site in Owen Sound, again back in 2009 - https://goo.gl/maps/9TTiRgvhoS4huZKE9

They had another yard on Wolfedale Rd. in Mississauga and it looks like one of their cranes is tucked away in the back forgotten. Other than these areas, I haven't seen them on a job since the Hurontario widening back in the late 90s. They had 2 Cat 235C's, the two D model koehrings and a few old track loaders, with this 941B posted below, being the same one on that site all those years ago. I assume this company was disbanded but looking for the whereabouts of their Koehrings if they survived the torch.

Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2019 9:10:31 PM

Neil thanks for the response and information.
Steve
Neil87
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2021 2:48:26 AM

Tacc owned Cat 5110BL with a NYE Manufacturing Stealth Coupler, bucket and modified stick. They own three, one of which is used for parts. Pachino Constructions owns another and is now up for sale.

Priestly Demolition PC600LC with a LaBounty UPX 950 equipt with pulverizer jaws.

Priestly Demolition EC700C High Reach, and one of two newly acquired Cat 374F excavators, equipped with large grapples.

Michael Bros and their immaculate Cat 345DL being unloaded off float.

One of three of Priestly Demolition Q8000 Link Belts equipped with 3rd member shear.

Roni Excavation and their Cat 390FL, torn down for transport.

Priestly Demolition Link Belt Q8000 being floated to the next site on a beam trailer.

Torcon and their Cat 235 of 1970s, purchased new by them and still going after all these years. Original boom and stick!

Green For Life (GFL) owned Cat 245B, still in previous owner Anpro colours. Unique due to the modified cab door and NYE Manufacturing modified stick.

Green For Life (GFL) owned Cat 390FL, fitted with a custom long boom/stick and bucket for digging slurry tranches.

Ironstef70
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2021 8:04:21 PM

Still one of my favorite topics Wink

The RONI 390F looks awesome.

Thanks for posting!

S

Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2021 11:15:05 PM

Always enjoy your photos, thank for sharing these.

Flickr Photostream
Dex
Posted: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 2:04:34 PM

Outstanding photo collection!

Do you have any more pictures of the Torcon 235? Judging by the boom design, she's an oldie.
R Jordan
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2021 5:14:36 PM

Priestly Demolition EC700C High Reach, and one of two newly acquired Cat 374F excavators, equipped with large grapples.

Priestly has bought a Cat excavator "HMMMM" IAM imagining what happened that they decided to choose Cat in the fleet. This is a very interesting development and would like to know more on this development. The guys at Toromont were probably in shock when the purchase order came in with the company name on it lol!!!!

Roland.