DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Toronto Area Machinery Photos Options · View
Neil87
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:29:59 AM

Groups: Member

Multiple machines from the GTA area, many with unique setups and company paint schemes.

1. GFL (Green For Life) owns a vast fleet of trademark green equipment in waste, earthmoving and demolition divisions.
2. Mammoet is heavily present for a majority of heavy lifts in the GTA with this Terex AC500-2.
3. A modified Cat 245D that was once owned by a contractor in California, used in the GTA for excavating condo foundations.
4. One of three Linkbelt 8000 Quantum excavators owned by Priestly Demolition.
5. The only Kobelco SK1000Dlc in North America also owned by Priestly Demolition.
6. Another priestly owned PC490LC breaking up reinforced concrete from an old oil tank farm.
7. A Liebherr crawler crane awaiting installation of the counterweight.
8. A unique Komatsu PC750 converted to a PC850LC UHD high reach. This machine pre conversion, was on the Ground Zero site in New York City.
9. A Cat 365B and Cat d6N in the attractive Michael Bros. colours. A familiar site on condo excavations in the GTA.
10. A Cat 245B still kicking with a brand new John Deere 870GLC setup in mass configuration.
11. Cat D7G and Cat 977L owned by Hydro One.

If Mother Nature wanted fiberglass boats, she would have planted fiberglass trees.
Neil87
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2019 6:12:41 AM

Corrected broken photo links. All photos taken by myself, I kept the watermarks out. There's a pretty vast and colourful variety of equipment in the area.

If Mother Nature wanted fiberglass boats, she would have planted fiberglass trees.
JoeE
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2019 6:20:53 AM

Nice pics.
Love the ol 245 with long stick.

We rally round the family, with a pocket full of shells.....
Neil87
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2019 10:59:19 PM

JoeE wrote:
Nice pics.
Love the ol 245 with long stick.

Thanks, that 245D was owned by Shimmick Construction out of California, before finding its way to Toronto.

Neil87
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 7:12:25 AM

1. Brand new Hitachi 870LC-5 owned by MGI taken with permission onsite wearing full PPE
2. Liebherr LTM1750 own by Mammoet, blocking a whole street over Easter weekend.
3. Priestly demolitions one-of-a-kind PPC850LC UHD excavator, setup in digging configuration. This machine was modified from a PC750 that was one of two at Ground Zero.

modelmaniac
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 2:00:18 PM

Nice pics.Like the Liebherr,without the counterweight.That 245,will be going strong,for years!
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2019 7:11:06 PM

They look even better on here than on Instagram! Nice to see you post here too, Neil. Keep up the good work, someday I will make it back up there again!
Neil87
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:21:11 AM

Thanks guys, yes that 245D along with the many other 200 series excavators in the GTA, are still going strong. A few companies have even gone to lengths to machine new swing gear for them.

Instagram severely kills the quality, and luckily they're much better on here. Hopefully some of these shots might give some customisers some ideas.

Neil87
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:07:59 AM

1. Priestly Demolition rented a Cat 336 new gen excavator for a few weeks. The second next gen machine in the GTA.
2. Aecon Cat D6T grading in downtown Toronto.
3. Green For Life (GFL) and their Cat 390F, one of two they purchased last year.
4. A LaFarge owned Cat 988F, up for auction at Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers.

Mr. Scholz
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:07:46 AM

Hi Neil,

great pictures you are sharing hear. I especially have a weak spot for the PDI fleet and I remember a picture shared hear in the forums 3-5 years ago, showing on of Priestlies Link-Belts standing on the tip of its toes doing demolition. Was that your shot? Still have it on my pinterset-wall.

What type of camera are you using - an are your pictures like you shot'em or do you enhance them further? Wonderful, strong colors and the amount of classic equipment is more then interesting.

Cheers,

Max
Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2019 10:06:53 PM

Neil all great pictures, love that 6T with Toronto in the background.
Thanks for posting them.
Steve
Quinella
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2019 12:39:41 AM

Great pictures. I don't know much about Canada. Is Toronto more of an industrial town that say Montreal? Those skyscrapers in the background look cool. Thanks and keep em coming. CAW
Neil87
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2019 4:45:33 AM

Mr. Scholz wrote:
Hi Neil,

great pictures you are sharing hear. I especially have a weak spot for the PDI fleet and I remember a picture shared hear in the forums 3-5 years ago, showing on of Priestley's Link-Belts standing on the tip of its toes doing demolition. Was that your shot? Still have it on my pinterset-wall.

What type of camera are you using - an are your pictures like you shot'em or do you enhance them further? Wonderful, strong colors and the amount of classic equipment is more then interesting.

Cheers,

Max

Hi Max,

That wasn't my shot but it was a good one. I used a hobby class Nikon D3300 with a 300 mm telephoto or a basic kit lens with at 18-36mm, nothing crazy. As for editing, I'm a strong believer in not doing anything your eye can't capture, so only slight exposure tweeks and shadow, highlight and clarity adjustments. None of that photoshop brushing nonsense. The editing software I use is Adobe Lightroom.

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Neil all great pictures, love that 6T with Toronto in the background.
Thanks for posting them.
Steve

Thank Steve! I was in the right place at the right time.

Quinella wrote:
Great pictures. I don't know much about Canada. Is Toronto more of an industrial town that say Montreal? Those skyscrapers in the background look cool. Thanks and keep em coming. CAW

Thanks you, they both have their equal share. Montreal has a much large port area by far. A majority of the pictures I have posted were sites that at one time fell under industry, now being replaced by residential and office development.

Neil87
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2019 5:56:58 AM

1. Another one of the three Link Belt 8000s in the Priestly Demolition fleet.
2. Green For Life owned Cat 245D, still going strong reaching down 40+ft at a office foundation excavation.
3. Demolition charges detonating at the site of the former Lakeview Generating Station in Mississauga, Ontario (west of Toronto). They were being used the break up the footings.
4. Tacc and Priestly working to expose and demolish the footings of the former Lakeview Generating Station. Tacc still running the Cat 245 that they purchased new from Cat in the early 1980s.

modelmaniac
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2019 3:16:47 PM

Neil87 wrote:
Thanks guys, yes that 245D along with the many other 200 series excavators in the GTA, are still going strong. A few companies have even gone to lengths to machine new swing gear for them.

Instagram severely kills the quality, and luckily they're much better on here. Hopefully some of these shots might give some customisers some ideas.

I can only think,that the engines,and anything technical,is ridiculously easy.So they are very easy to maintain,compared to newer,more electronic machines.
Love that long reach,looks so good like that.
Quinella
Posted: Friday, May 17, 2019 8:16:30 PM

That one picture looks like a pack of rabid animals devouring a kill. Great pictures. CAT should use that 245 in an add for their company. keep em coming. Wonder why our host doesn't post pictures? He probably can't use a camera. Must be from RI. CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2019 2:13:47 AM

Neil again, very nice pictures and that 245 purchased new in the 80’s looks like it was just taken out of the box.
Thanks Steve

Q are you still mad because the Bruins who represent RI ( in fact Noel Accari played high school hockey with my nephew) are going to the big dance, and your Hurricanes were blown out to sea or should I say swept out to sea. Maybe when the Hurricanes show up to Ri with Disney On Ice I’ll send you some tickets.
Cup Bound
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2019 3:00:28 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Neil again, very nice pictures and that 245 purchased new in the 80’s looks like it was just taken out of the box.
Thanks Steve

Q are you still mad because the Bruins who represent RI ( in fact Noel Accari played high school hockey with my nephew) are going to the big dance, and your Hurricanes were blown out to sea or should I say swept out to sea. Maybe when the Hurricanes show up to Ri with Disney On Ice I’ll send you some tickets.
Cup Bound

....played hockey with your nephew huh? That's sorta like saying your wife's sister's husband's cousin told you how to get to Boston. Keep chumming chump. You may catch a big one some day. Until then, root for the Professional Rhode Island Reds Bingo team. Now I'm going to watch the NBA Finals. Did you know that Zion Williamson will be playing here when he visits the Charlotte Hornets? You know him don't you? NBA Draft,First Round,First Pick from Duke(ACC), North Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and the Currry brothers who are both playing in the NBA semi-finals, (Golden State and Portland) both played here in Davidson NC, 10 miles from where I am sitting. Their Father was an all-star for the Charlotte Hornets. Oh, Will Grier, Panthers new draft pick for quarterback, played high school football right here. Shall I keep going? It might take some time. CABOVERS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2019 4:18:15 PM

Q all this hostility, when the Sox are World Champs along with the Pats who I might add are a dynasty, and I believe their owner who is very frugal and would be glad to get you some $59.00 massages if you would only show good will to our professional sports teams. Also I’m not a big basketball fan so I really could not follow your name dropping in that sport, all that info you had on it sounds like it came right off the sports page from the Sunday NC Gazette which I understand is always available in the senior center next to the napping couches.
Also, the Hornets should probably ship a couple of their stars over to the Hurricanes so they could have a better chance of representing themselves in playoff hockey. My wife’s sisters husband cousin is out in Cali, it was her brothers uncles grandmothers aunt who had a friend in Canada that knew someone that was familiar with Boston that had given her directions for me, but you were close.
Also my wife took my 3D printer from me so some items may not be able to get produced that were going to be heading south, however I maybe able to come across with an Eastern Confrence Championship Bruins cap for you, you mean old man.
I’ll be watching professional hockey up this way, while your out in your dingy catching salt water fish in Lake Norman.
Volvo makes cabovers, you did know that.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, May 19, 2019 4:34:01 PM

Q one other quick note, you do know that the Autocar you in have in your picture for the forum is not a cabover, the engine is actually out in front of the cab and is known as a conventional, food for thought. If you need pictures of cabovers I can contact our good friend Claus I gotta believe he has a couple in his photo album.
Getting ready for some Stanley Cup Playoff action will you cheering for the B’s Q.