DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

DM D6T? Options · View
Claus
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2019 2:14:50 AM

Groups: Member

Anybody remove Bob without damaging model? I removed the two screws and the rear platform and cab comes off but there are rivets holding the cab, ROPS and interior together. I would rather Bob not be in the cab but He doesn't bother me enough to have to drill out the rivets and glue things back together, don't want it ghetto rigged.
3406E
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 2:21:31 AM

That's the only way to get him out so it sounds like he's staying in there.

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton
Claus
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 2:55:56 AM

3406E wrote:
That's the only way to get him out so it sounds like he's staying in there.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I had a thought of trying to pull him out the cab door with a small needle nose pliers but again, afraid of damaging something. I'll leave it alone. Maybe the new D6 dozers will have a removable Bob.

I have both the Norscot and the DM D6T now, the DM's paint looks so much better in my opinion. Also really like the details on the engine covers even if they are decals or pad printed or whatever.
dain555
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 2:06:53 PM

I'm wondering, on the Diecast Master's D6T (not the high sprocket model) if the blade angle cylinders are attached to the blade bar assembly or if it was like the Norscot version where the angle cylinders were attached to the engine compartment???

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Weserhutte
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 3:30:53 PM

dain555 wrote:
I'm wondering, on the Diecast Master's D6T (not the high sprocket model) if the blade angle cylinders are attached to the blade bar assembly or if it was like the Norscot version where the angle cylinders were attached to the engine compartment???

Only God knows where do you come up with this stuff...

All D6Ts are "high sprocket" (as you call them)!

Please post a photo of this model "where the angle cylinders were attached to the engine compartment"? I've got to see this!
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 6:15:58 PM

Craig be thankful that Bob cannot be removed because the operators union would be wanting to know why he was removed, why they were not notified when the idea first came into your head and why there was no check in the mail from you to them. I’m sure you would have had a good explanation when they met with you at 3:00 in the morning.
Steve
Claus
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 7:45:29 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Craig be thankful that Bob cannot be removed because the operators union would be wanting to know why he was removed, why they were not notified when the idea first came into your head and why there was no check in the mail from you to them. I’m sure you would have had a good explanation when they met with you at 3:00 in the morning.
Steve

Hey, don't be gettin' me in trouble with my own people! I was just wanting Him to get a nice lunch break.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, March 10, 2019 11:49:04 PM

Craig come on you know I’m talking about the 1/50 scale operators union, you know the one run by The Q out of the NC hall. I think he would be lenient on you knowing you are a member of the forum and trust me he would never show up at your house at 3am, it would probably be more like 12pm to 12:05pm when he is awake.
Just Saying
kcmtoys
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 3:24:54 PM

Claus, Bob is going to turn in 2 hours on you!Whistle Shhh

https://www.facebook.com/Kcmtoys-904904696294223/