DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

WSI Hitachi 870 Options · View
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 1:15:11 PM

Groups: Member

maxcavator wrote:
Quinella wrote:
Hey Guys: If you want a Hitachi 870, there is a guy on Ebay right now called "mammoetman" who has three versions for sale. He seems to be new to Ebay. I made him an offer on a model which was 90% of asking price. He rejected it. So he may be hard to crack. He even has that Bauma black version. CAW

90%... HOW DARE YOU!
I offered him 100% and I even offered to cover the Paypal fees. I asked him to cover the shipping, this was on a purchase close to $1000. He said no.
So he still has it for sale and I still have my $1000 LOL.

Max: In my case, I offered the 90% because his auction was "Make an Offer" style. I figured 90% would get a small discount, or at least get the deal started. He responded with 100% asking price. So why put the "Make an Offer" choice available??? He will eat these models in the long run, one way or the other!!! I was thinking of getting a Kibag version, but I think I'm done. As I get ready for the big Cabover in the sky, I've got to quit buying things and start shipping my collection to Rhode Island. There's a bluebelly up there that doesn't know how to fish, and I feel sorry for him. NOT QUITE DEAD YET IN NORTH CAROLINA
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 1:41:44 PM

Q no models, just send me the autograph of George Washington you personally got when you were in your 70’s, that will suffice. Knowing you though, you probably have another few hundred years left in you from all that good living you do.
Going to the pet store to do some fishing. I hear if the bait doesn’t work you can literally reach in the tank and grab them.
Learning how to fish in the Ocean State, and getting ready to receive gifts from NC
maxcavator
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 5:53:53 PM

Quinella wrote:

Max: In my case, I offered the 90% because his auction was "Make an Offer" style. I figured 90% would get a small discount, or at least get the deal started. He responded with 100% asking price. So why put the "Make an Offer" choice available??? He will eat these models in the long run, one way or the other!!! I was thinking of getting a Kibag version, but I think I'm done. As I get ready for the big Cabover in the sky, I've got to quit buying things and start shipping my collection to Rhode Island. There's a bluebelly up there that doesn't know how to fish, and I feel sorry for him. NOT QUITE DEAD YET IN NORTH CAROLINA

I was being sarcastic, 90% of asking price is a fair offer. The guy is looking to get the highest ever paid, on any auction, on ebay world wide. That is his price, period
He priced a Doolans Drake truck and trailer at a cool $1990 because some dudes in Ebay Australia bid one of those to 1,800 AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS which to him obviously means it must be worth $1,900 USD. I would call him a retard, but it would be an insult to retards.
maxcavator
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 7:32:33 PM

Quinella
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2019 8:03:32 PM

It's a really nice crane though! Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:59:03 PM

Did anyone notice what the last 4 or 5 870s went for on Ebay? Three went for $300+. One went for $639.95. I guess the word is out. Mine still is in great shape. For what I paid, I could have purchased so many Rhode Island Cabovers!!! Sick in Carolina.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:02:33 PM

Q the cab overs in RI all have zinc rot from when the salt air blows across the metal, we are known as the Ocean State.
No zinc rot in N Scituate