DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

WSI Hitachi 870 Options · View
Barkerjoh
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2019 2:41:27 PM

Groups: Member

Campmb wrote:
So let me get this right. Now we have self disintegrating models? How soon can we expect the manufactures to offer us warranty protection, at an affordable price of course! Then again, this could be a business opportunity for us. I could start up an insurance company with some partners. Q, Ken, Steve, and others, are you interested? By the way I have all those models and now I’m afraid to stare at them too long. Mike

That’s a great idea
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2019 6:04:35 PM

Campmb, it sounds like a good idea, but to date the insurance companies I have contacted about my collection do not want to be bothered with insuring them because they say there is no back up to what the models are actually worth. So putting a warranty cost to them seems to me would be the same problem the insurance companies have with no one to back up the worth. I’m assuming they mean experts. Almost the same problem of a rare model opposed to a not so rare model. Like “The Q” said what came first the rooster or the egg and were any there any sheep involved.
Steve
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2019 6:08:23 PM

Campmb, it sounds like a good idea, but to date the insurance companies I have contacted about my collection do not want to be bothered with insuring them because they say there is no back up to what the models are actually worth. So putting a warranty cost to them seems to me would be the same problem the insurance companies have with no one to back up the worth. I’m assuming they mean experts. Almost the same problem of a rare model opposed to a not so rare model. Like “The Q” said what came first the rooster or the egg and were any there any sheep involved.
Steve
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2019 6:09:05 PM

Sorry for the double post
Steve
kcmtoys
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2019 8:24:27 PM

Yea, it's called the Chicago Insurance Company" Youse guys pay us protection (Ah, I mean insurance) and we protects you models! Whistle Silenced Shhh

Quinella
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2019 9:27:04 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Sorry for the double post
Steve

We're sorry too. Take a powder. CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2019 11:59:32 PM

Ken can you possibly get that Chicago insurance outfit to pay a visit to a certain NC townhouse and make sure they send their top salesman Luca Brasi, I’m sure he will make “The Q” an offer he can’t refuse or at least get him to retire.
Steve
kcmtoys
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2019 4:19:36 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Ken can you possibly get that Chicago insurance outfit to pay a visit to a certain NC townhouse and make sure they send their top salesman Luca Brasi, I’m sure he will make “The Q” an offer he can’t refuse or at least get him to retire.
Steve

On their way!

Gangster Cadillac by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

Quinella
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2019 9:03:43 PM

Hey a Cadillac Cabover!!!!!!!! And it doesn't have zync rot. That cause it was made in Detroit and not Wong Fong. Thanks Ken, that really is good looking. I love that rear "opera" window, if that's what it's called. Craig
hulan
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2019 9:10:36 PM

Barkerjoh wrote:
Quinella wrote:
maxcavator wrote:
Quinella wrote:
Have any of you, that have this problem with the WSI 870, contacted WSI? Surely they would step in and offer some compensation. With so many going bad, and different versions and different owners, it's obvious there is a problem. I would think WSI would help. we do have some leverage. CAW

I did several years ago. I never got a reply.

Do yo still buy WSI products? Do you know who owns WSI? Perhaps Chuck could help. Is there a US rep that anyone knows? How mad are we. My Mammoet cost $550.00. If it goes bad, I will go after them to the extent possible. Everyone should too. This is absurd. I hope they follow the Forum!!!!

I am in agreement with you we spend some good cash on some models. They expect payment for product we expect the same in product in return.

I agree as well. I've been in the model world and a member of this forum for years. My budget is small, so I usually have to save up for pieces that really catch my eye. My Mammoet 870 was one of those pieces. The last thing I want is to have a piece in the cabinet that will one day be worthless and end up falling apart.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2019 11:29:39 PM

Q when the Cadu shows up in your driveway you will know what that window is called (protect the muscle from stray bullets window) you just learn how to hit the ground as fast as you can because they don’t discriminate, (they will fire on an old old man) except for women and children. Then they will back that living room of a car up to your garage and put your Smart car in the trunk and take it back to The Godfather’s liar and give it to his grandchildren to play with. Don’t worry your gerbils and sheep will be safe.
RI here
Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2019 11:32:50 PM

Thanks Ken
Steve
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 1:14:18 AM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Q when the Cadu shows up in your driveway you will know what that window is called (protect the muscle from stray bullets window) you just learn how to hit the ground as fast as you can because they don’t discriminate, (they will fire on an old old man) except for women and children. Then they will back that living room of a car up to your garage and put your Smart car in the trunk and take it back to The Godfather’s liar and give it to his grandchildren to play with. Don’t worry your gerbils and sheep will be safe.
RI here

What the heck is "The Godfather's Liar"? Stevie, did you mean to say "lair"? Stick to the basement, you missed your calling. CAW PS I just met another COE freak on Ebay. He's a Transtar nut. Glory Me.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 2:16:47 AM

Q that was my wife at the keyboard again, she is already in the basement because the diecast is in the bedroom, (zinc rot we can’t forget what this post is about, Ken is now corrupting us) at this point I don’t know what to do with her. After the posse makes the hit on you have your wife send them to RI, if they only have your Smart car in the trunk there will be plenty of room for my wife next to it. As far as you meeting another Transtar aficionado on eBay, just be careful and know who your friends are, you never know they may be DB’s in disguise if you catch my drift. As for The Godfather’s liar he is the one who show up to congress and testifys that the business is legit and they were never ordered to dispose of anyone just because they are in the sanitation racket or business as most of us refer to it as.
I’ll speak to my wife about the improper spelling.
From RI and I am not affiliated with anyone in the sanitation business (racket)
Quinella
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2019 2:00:28 PM

Hey Guys: If you want a Hitachi 870, there is a guy on Ebay right now called "mammoetman" who has three versions for sale. He seems to be new to Ebay. I made him an offer on a model which was 90% of asking price. He rejected it. So he may be hard to crack. He even has that Bauma black version. CAW
maxcavator
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2019 11:21:16 PM

Yeah, one of those guys for whom money apparently just falls out of the sky. He puts them for sale first on the Facebook groups, NOBODY buys them and then go to ebay where they sit unsold.... LOL.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2019 1:27:30 AM

maxcavator The Q’s money also falls out of the sky and off the 5 trees in his backyard. Why do you think he owns 4 Smart cars, a Yugo, 15 gerbils, a rooster and oh yeah 3 sheep.
Steve
maxcavator
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 11:26:57 AM

Quinella wrote:
Hey Guys: If you want a Hitachi 870, there is a guy on Ebay right now called "mammoetman" who has three versions for sale. He seems to be new to Ebay. I made him an offer on a model which was 90% of asking price. He rejected it. So he may be hard to crack. He even has that Bauma black version. CAW

90%... HOW DARE YOU!
I offered him 100% and I even offered to cover the Paypal fees. I asked him to cover the shipping, this was on a purchase close to $1000. He said no.
So he still has it for sale and I still have my $1000 LOL.
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 12:04:18 PM

I just picked up another one a couple weeks ago from Buffalo Road, $250 with a busted track and a missing bucket bolt. No box as well but that’s fine with me 😎

Swapped the tracks again for the ISM 19mm and it makes that Hitachi that much better!
maxcavator
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2019 1:11:32 PM

I put those tracks on one of mine and I didn't like how they rub on the top of the carriage and make them lean down.
They fit though.