DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

D8Ks from CCM Options · View
frusso
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:52:20 PM

Groups: Member

I would know what all of you think about CCM D8Ks prototipe models.

I am an unconditional fan of CCM, but I think this model could be better. I was expecting a little more from this model, which had everything to be the best.

The front wheel has become very thin, the pistons of the blade very thick, I have the impression that both the pistons and the hydraulic tank came from the D9H, it may be impression, but I seem a little bigger than it should be.

Compared to Fist Gear it delivers more in the TD25 for much less value.

What is your opinion about it?
DKS
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:52:43 PM

frusso
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:50:46 AM

DKS,

The strange thing is that they develop an incredible model like the 6090 and with unbelievable price and now the D8s with so much criticism here in my country ...
DKS
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 3:56:10 PM

draglinefan
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 4:22:41 PM

All they must do to go better = Made in the U.S.A.
frusso
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 5:12:34 PM

I agree with all. They have great models, just use the best guy every time!
Weserhutte
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:19:55 PM

frusso wrote:
The strange thing is that they develop an incredible model like the 6090 and with unbelievable price and now the D8s with so much criticism here in my country ...

Interesting that you bring up the 6090. There has been no news on this model since early January when they posted "With production already underway, we hope to have these models available by the end of the 1st quarter of 2018. We will keep you up to date on any news and developments with the 1:48 scale die-cast 6090 FS here." Considering that the second quarter is nearly over, an update would have been a considerate thing to do.

Now take a moment to think about the fact that the recently delivered 735B cost more than half the price of the 6090? The size/price quotient just doesn't make sense!

Dex
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 7:06:55 PM

It does say "prototype, production model may be different" are these prototypes usually different than the production model? Is it possible CCM will correct these issues before the batch is produced? Has anybody spoken out on CCM's Facebook or contacted them about these issues? I'd be curious to see if they do anything, especially after all the heat they took for the D9H.
frusso
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2018 7:40:54 AM

Dex, good morning! I sent them a message directly to them. They are very cool and accessible people, but in this case I got no response.
Several friends here from my country asked about what outsiders were talking about this model and so I opened this topic.
It really was not just us who did not like what we saw.
Personally I have never seen a significant change in the preliminary photo of the prototype when compared to the actual model. Only minor changes.
ECOTITAN
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2018 11:59:27 AM

CCM is aware of the issues with the D8Ks and is working with the manufacturer to correct as many as possible, including the front idler wheel design and the angle blade functions. The images posted of the D8Ks are the first pre-production prototypes, so things will change.

On the 6090, that manufacturer is finishing them up now and they should be shipping very soon. CCM will release further shipping details once they are locked-in in China.

ecotitan
Dex
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2018 11:59:36 AM

Overall the dozer looks decent, but there are a few things that make the price questionable. The steering controls look as big as match sticks. Again, that could be something they fix.
frusso
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2018 12:29:41 PM

ECOTITAN wrote:
CCM is aware of the issues with the D8Ks and is working with the manufacturer to correct as many as possible, including the front idler wheel design and the angle blade functions. The images posted of the D8Ks are the first pre-production prototypes, so things will change.

On the 6090, that manufacturer is finishing them up now and they should be shipping very soon. CCM will release further shipping details once they are locked-in in China.

ecotitan

Thanks the best news! Thanks Ecotitan! I was very worried about it, because usually we do not see much changes betwen prototype and final model!
Dex
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2018 1:29:06 PM

Thanks for the updates Titan!
DKS
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2018 2:54:41 PM

3406E
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 1:18:06 AM

I hope they address the issues with the prototype. I won't want to spend $260 for one the way it looks now.

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton
ECOTITAN
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 12:39:59 PM

Just a little update on the 6090 project. The manufacturer is running a bit behind, with final assembly taking longer than they thought it would. So we are still a few months off for these arriving to our shores. Bit of a bummer but you just can't rush final assembly with so many hydraulic lines to contend with.

ecotitan
HCF
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 4:32:06 PM

3406E wrote:
I hope they address the issues with the prototype. I won't want to spend $260 for one the way it looks now.

Yeah, same boat. Especially since I've already committed to buying two of them d'oh!

-Jason
YouTube
Timberline Thinning Company
My Photostream

frusso
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 9:48:18 PM

ECOTITAN wrote:
Just a little update on the 6090 project. The manufacturer is running a bit behind, with final assembly taking longer than they thought it would. So we are still a few months off for these arriving to our shores. Bit of a bummer but you just can't rush final assembly with so many hydraulic lines to contend with.

ecotitan

Thank you for the information Ecotitan!

I will wait longer to have a spectacular model in my hands! That's the best way!

This excavator will be the best models of the CCM. I hope the same thing happens with the D8Ks.

I would like to see the modifications if I could. I could assist in verification if you need!