DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

3J&G 1:50 models collection. Options · View
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 4:42:51 AM
Groups: Member

The Voss transport, posted some time ago but which appeared in a much smaller scale, for some unknown reasons:

MAN TGX 33-540 FDS 6x4/2 tractor + Goldhofer SPZ-DLA-46/80AAA 4-axle flatbed semi-trailer (Conrad models) carrying a 20' maritime container and access platforms of a MAN B&W 18V48/60CR marine engine (Tekno load and Conrad elements)

IVECO/CFG Strator AS 440 S45 6x4/2 tractor (modified WSI model) and Langendorf Flatliner SB-4 3-axle prefabricated elements handling and transport semi-trailer (modified HiMoBo model)

Regards.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:12:38 PM

Guy nice pictures as usual, the Iveco tractor looks similar to a Mack Pinnical tractor. The trailer it is hauling is another unusual model I have never seen before, what are some of the prefab loads it would carry.
Thanks
Steve
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 3:08:37 PM

Steve,

Langendorf was the forerunner in Europe to what is called here the "Inloader", a semi-trailer with a peripheral frame around a central well able to load, carry and unload transport frames carrying glass (Floatliner) or concrete elements (Flatliner), using its on-board hydraulic system to lower and lift both its gooseneck and its independent axles.
The Jangendorf semi-trailer modelled by HiMoBo is specialized in the handling and transport of concrete prefabricated elements for building walls.
See the link to that Langendorf product: https://www.langendorf.de/en/products/inloader.php

I'll post tomorrow a homemade example of what can be carried.

I hope it helps.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 11:41:57 PM

Guy thanks for the information, very interesting trailers. It is nice to see the different ways loads are moved all around our world. Those trailers used for the prefab loads look like they don’t have axles. It would seem to me that a prefab load of say concrete would implode the trailer without the support of axles. The engineers always make what appears impossible, work.
Thanks
Steve
GuyM
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 3:56:59 AM

GuyM wrote:
Steve,

Langendorf was the forerunner in Europe to what is called here the "Inloader", a semi-trailer with a peripheral frame around a central well able to load, carry and unload transport frames carrying glass (Floatliner) or concrete elements (Flatliner), using its on-board hydraulic system to lower and lift both its gooseneck and its independent axles wheels [...].

I'll post tomorrow a homemade example of what can be carried [...]

You're right Steve: we can't talk about axles here but of 6 independent wheels, each attached on an arm equipped with a hydraulic ram for suspension and lowering/lifting duties.

The Dutch combination mentioned above, in one of Staalbeton production sites, during the loading of a Langendorf bed carrying concrete prefabricated elements, 2 house walls of 30.6 tonnes and 2 riser pieces for retaining walls of 4 tonnes (homemade loads):

HiMoBo have solved the difficulty of modelling the 6 small hydraulics arms securing the top of the load by providing 2 sets, one raised when empty and one in transport position.
Regards.

Guy
GuyM
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 4:06:20 AM

In the sixties/seventies, road haulage of plant equipment by Cadzow, heavy haulage company from Blantyre (Scotland):

Atkinson Venturer 6x4/2 tractor and King Trailers 3-axle lowloader (Corgi models being modified) loaded with an approx. 20 tonnes Allis-Chalmers HD21 tracked tractor and a 6.08 tonnes Allis-Chalmers/LaPlant-Choate C108 towed scraper (First Gear models)

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 4:11:51 AM

Rogers 45 tonnes demilitarized tank transport trailer (Wespe kit) in Nicoletti livery:

Regards.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 12:47:54 PM

Guy thanks for the information, and a picture of the trailer with a heavy load. Great customization on the load also.
Great detailing on the Rogers trailer where it hooks to the dump truck.
Thanks
Steve
GuyM
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 1:19:39 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Guy|...] one question, where does one get the antennas from in this day and age. I have not even seen one of those in about 20 years, they look great for the telescopic piston. It is just what I need for the single axle dump trailer I’m building.
Thanks
Steve

Steve,

I got a response from Jean-Francois which can be translated as follows: "The antennas come from my stock. I used in the past to get them from cheap toys radio-control boxes, small radio or mini-TV sets. Today I think that all these items can still be found in flea markets".

I hope it helps.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 10:27:06 PM

Guy thanks for the information and please tell Jean-Francois thanks also. I will try some flea markets, and if I’m not successful I will just figure something out with styrene. Thanks again for spending time on getting the information, much appreciated.
Steve
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 11:19:28 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Guy thanks for the information and please tell Jean-Francois thanks also. I will try some flea markets, and if I’m not successful I will just figure something out with styrene. Thanks again for spending time on getting the information, much appreciated.
Steve

Hey Dick Tracy: Just go on Ebay and look for old portable radios. Their probably in the fishing equipment aisle. What is it you said you do down in the basement all day??????
GuyM
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 4:15:44 AM

Unic ZU 51 tractor and ex-WW2 semi-trailer built from Minicirque kits by Jean-Jacques in "Jean-Paul Transports" livery:

Another unit of that company trucking only on Jean-Paul's shelves, a Bernard TD180/35 tractor:

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 4:25:35 AM

Delivery of windmill tower sections by Ter Linden, a Dutch heavy haulage company:

DAF FTM XF105-510 8x4/4 tractor + Nooteboom Mega Windmill Transporter (MWT) on 3-axle front dolly and 7-axle rear trailer (WSI models) carrying the bottom section of a windmill mast (WSI element)

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 4:32:57 AM

Another windmill transport, in Scotland this time, by a West of Scotland heavy haulage combination:

Scania T164G-530 6x4/2 tractor + Nooteboom Euro 54.03 3-axle lowloader (Corgi models) carrying a Vestas windmill rotor head (Corgi load).

Regards.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 4:29:30 PM

Guy very nice windmill loads, that DAF tractor and trailer haul is very detailed. Have you ever witnessed a load like that first hand and up close, it looks like you have.
Thanks
Steve

Quinella, I go on EBay and there is some frequent seller who goes by the name goldenshower or golden0000 and he said something about antennas he found in his wife’s under garment draw, and when I tried to contact him the site went right to a n NC State Police station. So I gave up on EBay. As far as what I do down in the basement all day, l am building a bamboo fly rod and some excavator lures to fish in my Walmart pool that I stocked with gold fish. If that does not work I have dynamite, so either way I will be successful.
Dirt and soon to be fish guy.
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 4:12:04 AM

Jean-Francois decided to build the cab fitted on all Nicoletti TD25 bulldozers:

To be continued.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 4:15:01 AM

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 4:26:55 AM

Delivery of Goldhofer equipment in Holland:

DAF FT 85CF-410 6x2/4 tractor and its Pacton Vario-X Press 3-axle flatbed semi-trailer (modified Tekno models) carrying 2 boxed Goldhofer PST/SL-E hydraulic-driven lines (modified Bemo Models load) and a 5-line Goldhofer THP/ET5 modular trailer (repainted Conrad modules)

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 4:35:33 AM

In the seventies in UK, a Malcolm Plant Ltd combination is delivering BICC electrical cable drums somewhere in the Scottish Highlands: Atkinson Venturer 6x4/2 tractor + Montracon 3-axle shortened flatbed semi-trailer (modified Corgi models) loaded with 4 cable drums (Corgi loads)

Regards.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:55:40 PM

Guy tell him that cab is outstanding, looks like it is fresh from the factory. Is that styrene all hand cut? The opening door and window with those hinges, now that is skill. It is amazing the talent you guys have.
Thanks for showing that cab.
Steve