DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Scraper Trailers Options · View
kcmtoys
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 11:16:06 PM

Groups: Member

I finally figured out to post pictures from Flickr to the forum. Here are some photos from my collection. d'oh! Whistle Ken

Scraper Trailer b by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

Norwood Scraper d by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

Scraper Trailer a by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

Svraper Trailer c by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

Quinella
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 12:26:02 AM

That's great material Ken. Chuck ain't got the gonachees to make a model of that!!! I dare him. Isn't it funny to see those drivers in uniforms? Great pics. CAW
kcmtoys
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 1:23:34 AM

Quinella wrote:
That's great material Ken. Chuck ain't got the gonachees to make a model of that!!! I dare him. Isn't it funny to see those drivers in uniforms? Great pics. CAW

That's when truck drivers were "kings of the road", not steering wheel holders dressed in see though t-shirts, shorts, flip flops, haven't taken a shower in weeks, and can't speak English. Yesterday I couldn't spell truck driver, today, I are one! This rant is not aimed at any professional drivers on this forum.d'oh! Ken

kcmtoys
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 1:26:55 AM

I was told that the driver on the right in the Keal picture was Mr. Keen who later started Keen Transport.Think
3mscrap
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 11:54:24 AM

Thanks Ken for those pics. Always good to see our history. It would be nice to see one of those older Talberts but it would be nicer to see an Autocar.

Dan

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional
Quinella
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 2:22:12 PM

Thanks 3mscrap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please tell our dorky Administrator that we need an Autocar, and now we need a Scraper trailer. LOVE these pics, especially the Pete in yellow pulling the scraper. I forget what company that is. Ken will know. Uncle Roy would have done it for us!!!!
kcmtoys
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 7:37:08 PM

3mscrap wrote:
Thanks Ken for those pics. Always good to see our history. It would be nice to see one of those older Talberts but it would be nicer to see an Autocar.

Defiantly would like to see an Autocar. Whistle Think

kcmtoys
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 7:39:36 PM

Quinella wrote:
Thanks 3mscrap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please tell our dorky Administrator that we need an Autocar, and now we need a Scraper trailer. LOVE these pics, especially the KW in yellow pulling the scraper. I forget what company that is. Ken will know. Uncle Roy would have done it for us!!!!

CAW, I believe that is Precision Heavy Haul out of Arizona. Confused Whistle I stand corrected by Dirtdude on it being a Murray truck.d'oh!

Dirtdude
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:44:53 AM

The yellow Pete and scraper trailer is Murray Trailers truck. They manufacturer the trailers but they also have some trucks and do some transporting. I know it was brought up a few weeks ago in the other thread about scraper trailers but this trailer is available from Shapeways in 3D printing. I just finished one and have a CCM 637K on it. I would post pics but I can't because I always used photobucket.
admin
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 11:50:23 AM
Groups: Administration

Quin, what the heck is a gonochee? I would love to make an Autocar if you will fund it! How about an Autocar with a Scraper Trailer? Would be like you died and went to heaven, huh??

Uncle Roy is enjoying the good life out in Vegas with his grandkids... he would never have made you anything, you old coot....

Dorky Chuck
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:27:57 PM

Chuck: let's get five guys to fund it. I think we include the scraper trailer. Gonochees hang on your body. You figure out where. And Uncle Roy would do anything for me, especially return my calls. And why do we need a mid roof KW? Is that you or WSI? If you would just listen to me, you would have been rich beyond your wildest dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3mscrap
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 10:53:46 PM

Hey Ken and Quin just think what an 8K or the 9G would look like on an old Talbert deck towed by an Autocar? Now that would be a good period set up.
Come on Chuck you have to agree it would a nice set.....hmmm

Dan

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional
kcmtoys
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 1:03:15 AM

Dan. that sure would be nice. Cat D9G pusher, Talbert cable neck trailer, and an Autocar tractor....Whistle Smile Teeth Ken

Quinella
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2017 12:15:09 PM

kcmtoys wrote:
Dan. that sure would be nice. Cat D9G pusher, Talbert cable neck trailer, and an Autocar tractor....Whistle Smile Teeth Ken

OH Heck yes, that would be a dream come true. That would be a life long model to hold onto. Okay, now we got this thing started. Either that dorky guy in Ohio is on board, or we bring Roger Hull out of retirement!!!!!@!!@@@
kcmtoys
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 11:15:14 PM

Another picture of a Murray trailer in transport mode.

CCF10252017_0006 by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>