DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

sword beam haulers Options · View
cranedude07
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2017 7:15:06 PM

Groups: Member

so whats the word with the beam haulers? its been a long time since i last heard anything about them, i would still like to get a couple and some spare beams if they ever make it to the market

but i think the jeep/dolly should have a tow bar or be able to be placed on top of the jeep like pictured below

dolly sits on top of jeep

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
chevyman
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2017 9:31:21 PM

It seems like those in charge are too busy with re-runs to be concerned with bringing out anything new. It's been almost 2 years since WSI picked up the Sword line and we were told that lots of great things were coming. So far lots of re-runs and the less than stellar Cat truck.
Quinella
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2017 10:00:16 PM

Two things from my perspective. First, does this beam trailer really appeal to that broad of a spectrum to make it profitable for Chuck? Then, along those same lines, new items take mucho money for tooling and bringing a new model to market. He's made good money with re-releasing the Petes, Macks, and Kenworth T800s. I don't think he had any money in that awful CAT release. Wasn't that strictly a WSI deal? How many models does CCM release each year? I would love to have new stuff from Chuck. But he is a business man after all. CAW
chevyman
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2017 10:36:05 PM

Quinella wrote:
Two things from my perspective. First, does this beam trailer really appeal to that broad of a spectrum to make it profitable for Chuck? Then, along those same lines, new items take mucho money for tooling and bringing a new model to market. He's made good money with re-releasing the Petes, Macks, and Kenworth T800s. I don't think he had any money in that awful CAT release. Wasn't that strictly a WSI deal? How many models does CCM release each year? I would love to have new stuff from Chuck. But he is a business man after all. CAW

Are the re-runs Chuck's doing or a WSI decision? I was under the impression that Chuck was more of a distributer than a shot caller now that WSI is making the Sword line, no? Seems to make sense since WSI loves to release 100 repaints of the same model all the time. Either way it was mentioned nearly 2 years ago that that there would be new stuff coming. In my opinion re-runs or new colors of old models are nothing new, which is what we've gotten so far.
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 12:50:32 AM

chevyman: I think Chuck makes the call on remakes of his Sword items. They have been American trucks, and WSI doesn't make those. The only way WSI got involved was that TWH went bankrupt. Now Chuck may have a partnership with WSI. But I think its' all about economics. Chuck/s business is considered a small business by most standards. Face it, we are a small part of a small hobby. But these models take hundreds of thousands of dollars to bring to market. Chuck used to have partners that funded some issues. I told him I would partner with him on an Autocar!!!. We must understand that Chuck is in business to not only make money but to spread out his risk and stay alive. How many people do you think are in this hobby to any significant degree? Maybe 20,000 worldwide? I have no clue. He is also a distributor of many other lines. He is a retailer, a wholesaler, and event planner...etc He works hard and has to put up with a lot of anxious people and some pricks like me. I would love to be young and in this business. Let's give him a fair shake, even though I am much smarter than him!!!! CAW
Barkerjoh
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 1:16:02 AM

The 680's and 579's are new. WSI yes seems like since chuck has teamed with them to reproduce his US line of trucks he influenced them to make more so for us Patriots here. I personally like the new ones coming out. Beam yea has taken forever and haven't heard of it for quite sometime but seems like the reproducing of the T800's and the 379's could be a good sign they are close being they are in that set
cranedude07
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 2:09:58 PM

I dont think bringing these beam haulers cost near as much as a whole new model to bring to the market, it uses the same tractor, jeep, dolly as the 3x3x3 trailer set, only differences would be 5th wheel plates for the beam to sit on and the beam itself, and a couple hydro lines. Other than that. Its pretty much the same model as the 3x3x3 setup without the deck/goosenecks

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
kcmtoys
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 5:25:39 PM

There could be any number of reasons the beam hauler is delayed. My complaint is if you go the WSI website, look at all the different liveries that are available with the European trucks. I would like to see more US and Canadian haulers when they are reintroduced. Think Whistle Ken

heavyload
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 10:26:08 PM

AT the end of the day a manufacturer need to ask only one question before starting production. How much I will get out of this? If the numbers are not good then wait and maybe kill the project. Like no big manufacturers or big fleet are behind this model like KW or Miller, then all the risk is on Chuck. Presuming that most of the collectors have not secure a pre-order, I am one of them, I will NEVER second guess him on the deadline. It willl be a nice model thought.

LL

Luc.
3406E
Posted: Wednesday, October 04, 2017 3:35:34 AM

Personally I don't mind the re-releases but I can't seem to stop buying these trucks either. I can see how some people would be a little put off by them because they've been waiting for the beam haulers for a while. I would be too if it was something like a new west coast lowboy set up that was coming out. It's possible they're making the trucks to go with the beam haulers at the same time as they're making these re-releases so this might be a good sign.

While we're sort of on the topic of re-releases is there any chance of another run of the Valmet logging equipment?

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, March 08, 2018 6:11:29 PM

I see these are in the new WSI catalogue so they must still be coming!

Paul R
RMS Models
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2018 11:14:09 AM

One can only hope, but I will not be holding my breath.
Cubanb343
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 7:05:58 PM

When people first asked for a beam trailer, I believe most meant a narrow beam lowboy. But Idk for sure
Paul R
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 7:00:20 AM

Was there ever anything done on this project or has it now been officially cancelled?

Thanks,

Paul R
RobS
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 9:53:31 AM

Looks like it would be easy to do a rerun of the 3X3X3 trailer at the same time...

Rob
steelman
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2019 12:10:18 PM

Or combine the two:

imcats-2012-044-M by Dan Bogusky, on Flickr"/>
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2019 8:19:40 AM

I think it’s fair to say that this project has bitten the dust!

Paul R