Hang on to Your NZG D9Gs Options · View
Quinella
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 7:45:18 PM

Groups: Member

max
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:39:51 AM

I'll skip my turn.....
The seller should at least display the accurate information.....That modea was made by Conrad and NOT by NZG!!!
Max.

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
sd90
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:52:35 AM

Yep Conrad ,I have four off them still in box
Won't be selling them either ,great model for their
age.
Leon.
Dex
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 1:15:34 AM

I had a rubber track version in the late 80's as a kid (I was like 5) it was my favorite. Can't remember what happened to it, but it most likely broke as result of being play with liked that. Crazy how valuable they are now.
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:14:58 AM

Wow Quinella you sure know how to find the steals!

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
maxcavator
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 9:58:22 AM

Don't believe everything you see on ebay. That seller is out of his mind and out of touch with reality. All his diecast construction models are priced at ridiculous prices. He wants over $600 for a Joal cat excavator model. I think he is just showcasing his collection on ebay. He has not sold a single diecast construction model since April which is as far back as you can search.
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:24:37 AM

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. One US Dollar is about 114 Japanese Yen(Google). So divide 114 into 1.00 you get about 87 Dollars. Maybe he meant Yen instead of US Dollars. The thing that concerns me though is his feedback. But I know the Japanese people quite well, as my son has lived there for 15 years. My granddaughter is Japanese American and my daughter-in-law is Japanese. During my three trips to Japan, I have never met a devious Japanese person. They are wonderful people. On the "NZG" remark, he probably just didn't know. I like happy endings anyway, don't you? I do think it's a funny listing though. CAW
Ironstef70
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:52:29 PM

Quinella wrote:
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. One US Dollar is about 114 Japanese Yen(Google). So divide 114 into 1.00 you get about 87 Dollars. Maybe he meant Yen instead of US Dollars. The thing that concerns me though is his feedback. But I know the Japanese people quite well, as my son has lived there for 15 years. My granddaughter is Japanese American and my daughter-in-law is Japanese. During my three trips to Japan, I have never met a devious Japanese person. They are wonderful people. On the "NZG" remark, he probably just didn't know. I like happy endings anyway, don't you? I do think it's a funny listing though. CAW

I agree with your comment about Japanese, Quinella. If I had to randomly pick new neighbors from anywhere around the globe, which I have never met, I would wish they were Japanese. He probably just don't know much about diecast models, and/or confused with currencies.

S.

Posted: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 11:08:30 PM

Quinella wrote:

I agree, I ordered many of things from Japan and never had a bad experience. Sometimes, they send you stuff too such as hand written thank you letter, or even an origami crane. They have a very different culture over there and it is cool. I think the seller was not aware of the Yen to USD conversion rate and that is why the price is that high.

The Gescha D9G held is value very well. The newer version with the metal tracks can easily go over $100. Although I do not own one (would like to) it is one the best dozer models out there. Just kind of looks silly with an open operators station (some people have 3d printed cabs that look quite good paired with it).

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

draglinefan
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:45:37 PM

draglinefan
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:46:51 PM

draglinefan
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:49:55 PM

draglinefan
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:50:52 PM

draglinefan
Posted: Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:53:33 PM

draglinefan
Posted: Friday, July 14, 2017 1:46:34 PM

Hello All I am very sad I cant place any pictures any more. Photobucket is the reason and they are very SICK. is there a other reason to put pictures here without any cost
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Saturday, July 15, 2017 7:04:47 PM

Hi Draglinefan, you can create a Flikr account and transfer your pics to that site as there are no fees (yet) for allowing third party access.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube