DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Hi Mo Bo D575 A2 Options · View
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:19:58 AM

Groups: Member

Fellows: There is a model of this machine on Ebay. The seller states that it is 1:24th scale. I looked it up on the Forum and there is a post that states 1:50th. I Googled it and it states on several posts that it is 1/50th. Did Hi Mo Bo make two scales? I e-mailed the seller and he says that the one he found says 1:24th. He shows a picture with a measuring tape. The model is 10" long. I say that has to be 1/50th. As you know, I ain't no expert. So one or more of your experts chime in please. Thanks, CAW

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311895042809?ul_noapp=true
Ross Fowlie
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 1:00:01 AM

Quinella;

The seller doesn't know what he is talking about! Its 1:50th. Just measured mine and its 10 inches long.

Ross
birdman
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 5:03:41 AM

Ross is right it's 1:50 scale real machine is 11.7m at 1:50 scale that equates to 234mm or just under 10inch, good price at the moment if I was a dirt man would be tempted.
hummer13
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 9:45:50 AM

Yeah not 1/24 i would know if it was. That would be pretty large if in that scale

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
Dex
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 6:35:32 AM

That blade is insane! Yes, that's a 1:50.
maxcavator
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 10:21:09 AM

He is dumping a huge CCM collection on ebay. I am keeping track of the selling prices to see how good of an investment those models really are.
ITmachine
Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 8:00:58 PM

I think this will be a terrible indicator of value. They are poor listings with no advertisement at all to attract buyers. I feel bad for whoever consigned them. They will lose their shirt compared to selling them at the open house auction, or an Aumann Auctions type sale.
Quinella
Posted: Saturday, June 17, 2017 11:48:42 AM

I think some CCM pieces are great investments. But you must keep them boxed forever so that, if you ever sell, they will bring maximum return. However, most pieces do not grow in value much, if any, especially if they are used. So you have to decide what kind of collector you are. Do you want to display them, keep them in a closet boxed up, or buy low, sell high? I don't think you'll get rich in either choice. But they are still at the top of the heap in quality and design. I say that if you want to make the best investment in CCM items, buy the brass ones. My opinion. CAW
Dex
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 6:36:57 PM

I agree with Quinella. Some of their models are not worth the hype and price. I personally think anything over 120 is absurd for the Caterpillar 245 line considering how incorrect some of the details are. All the cab windows are the wrong shape (boom side window is completely wrong, rear window is wrong, skylight is wrong, door window is too squared in the corners) the interior is the wrong color, the intake and exhaust are are Ertl quality at best, their are rails missing, and the ones that are there are wrong, the mesh over the engine compartment is way off scale, and there are no mirrors. Yet eBay sellers all think these are instant classics and expect $200+ for them.
Ironstef70
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 10:14:01 PM

Also agree about your two latest comments.

It also applies to trains & railroad models too. Brass maintains value over plastic, but don't intend to gain much money over time, unless you have something very rare, and still.
Then you'll lose your little margin through Ebay commissions, and that's without considering the time spend for managing this; packaging, bad buyers, else...

Do models because you enjoy them, not for resale value, no matter the brand. Or keep them in their boxes and gamble for future hype on rare items (good luck!).

You want to make money over time: buy some stocks when they're low (watch trends) in something you know. Or invest in realty.

S.