DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Hitachi Sumitomo SCX1200/1500 Modification / Parts Options · View
eef7260
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2016 12:35:46 PM

Groups: Member

Hi Guys

Made some 3D printable parts for the Hitachi Sumitomo SCX1200/1500.

6 meter boomsection.
3 meter boomsection.
Set pendants.

3 meter boom section for duty cycle work fitted for tagline winder.
Tagline winder , combined with a set pendants.

Runner , and a shave for the runner.
And a hook for single line work with the runner.

So if you want to make one of these modifications the parts can be found here.
Hitachi - Link-belt parts
If you have questions feel free to ask hope i can answer it for you.

Eef

***Flickr American cranes group***3D printed crane parts at Shapeways***3D printed crane parts at I.materialise

KGV123
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2016 2:14:48 PM

Good
I already have it all for my Hitachi almost 2 yrs. You can find pictures in my album.
Also there is some manufacturer parts for sale on ebay.

My collection: http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/umf2009/
cranedude07
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2016 10:46:49 PM

Now ill have to get the modelšŸ¤”

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Don L
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2017 1:50:06 AM

cranedude07 wrote:

I've the 1500 NIB plus a boom extension. I really like that small boom section with tag winder. Sharp. The orange peel attachment is kinda pricey for a 3D printed version. IMO
Don L
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2017 1:51:48 AM

Don L wrote:
[quote=cranedude07]Now ill have to get the modelšŸ¤”

I have the SCX1500 NIB plus an extra 6m original boom extension. I really like this small boom section with tag winder. Looks very sharp. The orange peel attachment is sharp also, but seems kinda pricey for a 3D printed version. IMO
eef7260
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2017 8:04:08 AM

Quote:
Sorry Smile Smile , but you will not regret it , nice model i like it a lot.

Quote:
The orange peel attachment is kinda pricey for a 3D printed version. IMO

I am not gone disagree on that , but i can ad some extra info to explain.
Shapeways has a complicated way to calculate the product , not only by it's actual volume but also square shape on the build platform ( and some more factors ).
This a relative bad shape for the price ( 90 X 90 X 90 MM size on the platform ) also crane booms are , little bit of material and big platform size.
Other company's are cheaper on this sort of forms but they are relative expensive on single small parts.
If you order multiple parts there are no big differences , in the end the combined prices are very close to each other.
But if you look at individual part like this it can be a good choice to order it somewhere else.
I have considered to move all the parts to another company and shop , but for now this is the pice at Shapeways.
Hope this explains things a bit , but is not gone make the price better , Sorry.
But it looks nice , doesn't it

Eef

***Flickr American cranes group***3D printed crane parts at Shapeways***3D printed crane parts at I.materialise

Don L
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2017 10:11:04 PM

Quote:
The orange peel attachment is kinda pricey for a 3D printed version. IMO

I am not gone disagree on that , but i can ad some extra info to explain.
Shapeways has a complicated way to calculate the product , not only by it's actual volume but also square shape on the build platform ( and some more factors ).
This a relative bad shape for the price ( 90 X 90 X 90 MM size on the platform ) also crane booms are , little bit of material and big platform size.
Other company's are cheaper on this sort of forms but they are relative expensive on single small parts.
If you order multiple parts there are no big differences , in the end the combined prices are very close to each other.
But if you look at individual part like this it can be a good choice to order it somewhere else.
I have considered to move all the parts to another company and shop , but for now this is the pice at Shapeways.
Hope this explains things a bit , but is not gone make the price better , Sorry.
But it looks nice , doesn't it

Eef

[/quote]

Hi Eef,

My price comment was not really intended as a criticism -- merely an observation. I am sure the orange peel attachment is a very good value for the price. I also enjoyed seeing the close up shots of the attachment. I am presently playing around with a die cast orange peel attachment (that I want to add to a crane) and your pictures gave me some ideas - especially on how to attach the tag line. I also noticed that you have brass sheaves in your attachment. I assume the buyer has to buy those separately. A while back, I needed "one" 8mm sheave, and I ending up having to purchase 50 brass sheaves (think they where YCC sheaves). If you want to talk about something being pricey, those sheaves weren't cheap either. Teeth Teeth The good news is that I have extras now for other projects.

I applaud your work. I purchase a lot of crane related items from Shapeways (some of the parts are really good - while some have been a little disappointing). However, typically they are good value parts at a fair price - and significantly cheaper than the equivalent die cast parts (if you were able to find them in die cast - which isn't easy).

Best regards and keep up the great work!

Don

eef7260
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2017 7:37:18 AM

Hi Don

I did not take it as criticism and certainly not as negative.
But i did reply because i am not always happy with prices myself so i thought some explanation would't hurt.
About the sheaves they are indeed YCC but i bought a smaller quantities.

Best Regards

Eef