DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Classic Construction Announcement Options · View
RMS Models
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2016 9:30:50 AM

Groups: Member

Classic Construction has recently announced the Caterpillar 349F L excavator in 1:87 scale constructed in brass:

http://ccmodels.com/new-model-announcement-cat-349f-l-hydraulic-excavator

We are excited to announce the addition of a Cat® 349F L Hydraulic Excavator to our growing family of all brass construction models. These little gems will be hand crafted in precise 1:87 scale and measure approximately 7” long with the boom extended, 1.75” wide across the tracks and 1.5” tall at the top of the cab. Our first sample, shown above, was photographed with a dime to help illustrate both the size and the incredible level of detailing that has been achieved on this model.

Each of the models will be individually serial numbered and come with a certificate of authenticity to ensure their authenticity and collectability.
Frieboyz_diecast
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2016 9:43:04 AM

Thanks for sharing.
I wondering if the quick hitch will work??

Frieboyz_diecast

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/frieboyzdiecast
Instagram: @frieboyz_diecast
Dex
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2016 3:57:54 PM

Maybe it's a snap style hitch like the Norscot backhoe ones?
logmax7000
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2016 4:06:17 PM

What's the price for it?
Cat336EL
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2016 4:16:03 PM

I see the lines for the Q/C cylinder modeled... Too bad the 349EL is missing those. Think

...Dylan

My Instagram: Cat330DL_Man
maxcavator
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2016 6:42:11 PM

I think this is great news for those who collect outrageously priced 1/87 miniatures.
brian falcone
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2016 7:54:44 PM

maxcavator wrote:
I think this is great news for those who collect outrageously priced 1/87 miniatures.
i agree !
mikebramel
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2016 10:14:23 PM

Typically, collectors of HO trains. And $700 isn't a great deal for some of those. You can't forget someone who has limited space. These CCM brass 87 models have more detail than most 1/50 die cast.
Antho
Posted: Thursday, September 08, 2016 10:16:57 PM

What I am curious about is: Weren't the 349Fs called 352s when fitted with the bigger undercarriage?
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2016 10:27:33 AM

Nice announcement, not my cup of tea in 1/87 but I know there's a huge HO following out there in the train world. It's nice to see them dabble around between 1/24, 1/48 and 1/87.
Cat345bl
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2016 12:18:41 PM

Its not my cup of tea as well, however with its precision and detail, it will look quite nice posed with Classic Mint's PC400s.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

Jimi
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 11:51:38 PM

Antho wrote:
What I am curious about is: Weren't the 349Fs called 352s when fitted with the bigger undercarriage?

From what i understand, now yes. Initially when the 349f came out, they weren't separated like now. Kind of like there are 345d and 349d's... same machine, but at some point cat changed their mind I guess.... at least that's how I understand it.

regards,
Jim

"Once again, concussion by safety" -Mike Rowe
Don L
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2016 2:11:27 AM

RMS Models wrote:
Classic Construction has recently announced the Caterpillar 349F L excavator in 1:87 scale constructed in brass:

http://ccmodels.com/new-model-announcement-cat-349f-l-hydraulic-excavator

We are excited to announce the addition of a Cat® 349F L Hydraulic Excavator to our growing family of all brass construction models. These little gems will be hand crafted in precise 1:87 scale and measure approximately 7” long with the boom extended, 1.75” wide across the tracks and 1.5” tall at the top of the cab. Our first sample, shown above, was photographed with a dime to help illustrate both the size and the incredible level of detailing that has been achieved on this model.

Each of the models will be individually serial numbered and come with a certificate of authenticity to ensure their authenticity and collectability.

Randy,

I saw two1:1 being transported to Florida this week as I was returning home from Atlanta. They were highly impressive to say the least.
Eric Pioszak
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 3:56:49 AM

mikebramel wrote:
Typically, collectors of HO trains. And $700 isn't a great deal for some of those. You can't forget someone who has limited space. These CCM brass 87 models have more detail than most 1/50 die cast.

I dont know about that one, I go to a lot of train shows and in my experience Typically HO train collectors are turkey farmer cheap. Especially when it comes to equipment/ "Scenery" It's hard to get them to shell out $20 for a norscot piece...

Eric W. Pioszak, Operating Engineers Local 701, Portland, Oregon

METAL TRACKS AVAILABLE AGAIN!
Cab guards Available again!
Grapples Available again!
Industrialscalemodels[at symbol]Gmail.com
dain555
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 12:30:22 PM

Eric Pioszak wrote:
mikebramel wrote:

I dont know about that one, I go to a lot of train shows and in my experience Typically HO train collectors are turkey farmer cheap. Especially when it comes to equipment/ "Scenery" It's hard to get them to shell out $20 for a norscot piece...

NO, most model Railroaders won't spend a lot of money for "scenery" stuff, they rather spend on locomotives and rolling stock. Having been a member of the NMRA I can say that with confidence, I don't even spend a lot on stuff like that. While it would be nice because it's made of brass the cost is what turns me off, before I spend that much on a 1:87 scale model I'd go bigger and get a 1:50 scale 11200 crane!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
cvatrains
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 7:59:53 AM

I will have to say dain555 is correct. I am one of the very few train nuts that has more in "scenery" than in trains. Friends of mine spend will $1000 on a highly detailed engine, then put it on a layout next to a badly scaled cheap looking truck. I think it looks terrible, but most do not care, all they see is the train. I see the whole world behind the train and want it to look real.
mikebramel
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 2:51:54 PM

dain555 wrote:
Eric Pioszak wrote:
mikebramel wrote:

NO, most model Railroaders won't spend a lot of money for "scenery" stuff, they rather spend on locomotives and rolling stock. Having been a member of the NMRA I can say that with confidence, I don't even spend a lot on stuff like that. While it would be nice because it's made of brass the cost is what turns me off, before I spend that much on a 1:87 scale model I'd go bigger and get a 1:50 scale 11200 crane!!!

Who said most? Obviously not the case. Brass models are for the 1% of collectors trains or someone needing space