DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

wrong Ac1000 luffing jib by conrad Options · View
cranedude07
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 11:09:08 PM

Groups: Member

was looking on hansebube and came across something one of the members pointed out.

the new luffing jib is exactly the same as the ac500 except it has different pendants. i really hope conrad doesnt plan on selling it as is. yes the 2 jibs look basically the same but surely the ac1000 jib has to be bigger than the 500 jib, thats 500t cap difference between the 2 cranes! and yes i know reselling the ac500 jibs would save a ton of money by re using the old molds but if this is what they will be selling, i dont see many people buying one as they can just use the ac500 jib. to me, atleast retool the luffing masts/section, and the jib is also missing the 40ft extension, like the 11200. im sure most of you really dont care but its bugging me and spending 700+ on the crane, then spending another possibly 300 or so for a jib i already have, with the only difference being the pendants, is ridiculous. i would like to see conrad retool the jib. Shame on you

ac500 jib

new ac1000 jib

real jib

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
DafgekCanada
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 11:19:02 PM

The jib is all produced in two other colours, so I think there won't be any changes to jib. But remember conrad model are still produced in Germany and not "made in China"

Mammoet- Size does Matter.

Dafgek
Save1er
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 11:37:03 PM

Good point Brandon...and good attention to detail. The real pictures don't have the pulleys to guide the line through the center of the luffing masts either, the line rolls through the bottom. Im sure there will be a lot more controversy over this now that the cats out the bag.
Good thing I don't own an AC 1000 Cool
d3an_cain
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 5:45:25 AM

I wanted a jib for my ac500-2 but heard its no longer in production..
and suddenly conrad came up with a luffer for their ac1000/9..
it exactly the same as ac500-2 jib except for the pendant bar on the luffer..
Quite disappointing... but @ least they added a wiper for the driver cab on the updated version of the ac1000/9 in terex livery

Hope they update the sheeves to metal too just like the STEIL livery

BTW, any one notice that there's a updated version of wsi ltm1500? it seems theres a slot for the hydraulic reel on the michielsens , kanson, MSG & Roxu livery

liebherr Livery

mammoet livery

Davie82
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 6:12:16 AM

To be honest, I really don't think Conrad would stoop so low. I'd be VERY surprised if this was the card they played, especially with the competition they already have from NZG with the better-value LTM 11200.

As Brandon pointed out, this is NOT a scale model of the AC1000 fly jib. And it makes no sense to me that Conrad wouldn't change tooling to produce a proper replica of the real fly jib... it's not like they don't have the money or the resources.

Give it a few more weeks, and IMO we'll see the real thing emerge. Have a little faith.

PS to reiterate Brandon's point, there's actually a 700t difference between the two cranes (1200t vs 500t).

PPS I have sent Carmen (Conrad) an email and hopefully she will be able to clarify what is happening here. I wouldn't drawn any conclusions until Conrad themselves release their official studio photos of the part.
birdman
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 8:20:21 AM

If you check out both pdf's for the AC1000 and AC500-2 you will see a difference in the dimensions of the sections of lattice boom sections, I do hope that Conrad will address this issue, also have noted that the track pads on the forthcoming CC3800 look to be twice the size of the real life machine, maybe they will sort that out when the model is finally released? for the sort of money they are asking you would think they could get it somewhere near scale!

Steve.
Cranes Etc
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 9:44:49 AM

It is just worth remembering that Conrad and the rest survive on meeting the requirements of their customers, the Original Equipment Manufacturers such as Terex and Liebherr etc. Sales to collectors are important, but the OEMs decide what is to be modelled, they set the development budget, the specification, and they approve the resulting model.

So model makers produce what the OEMs require. The best models result from OEMs who want to specify and pay for the best to be developed.

As always there are compromises...

Ian

http://www.CranesEtc.co.uk
http://www.Twitter.com/CranesEtc
http://www.YouTube.com/CranesEtcTV
Cranes Etc on Facebook
Speddy
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 12:20:33 PM

Cranes Etc wrote:
It is just worth remembering that Conrad and the rest survive on meeting the requirements of their customers, the Original Equipment Manufacturers such as Terex and Liebherr etc. Sales to collectors are important, but the OEMs decide what is to be modelled, they set the development budget, the specification, and they approve the resulting model.

So model makers produce what the OEMs require. The best models result from OEMs who want to specify and pay for the best to be developed.

As always there are compromises...

Ian

Hello Ian

You're right, the model manufacturers produce what is ordered and payed by the original manufacturers.

But how do you explain the following then?

Conrad says that the luffing jib has a length of 1.77 m, which corresponds to the original 88.5 m.

Now I have looked in the datasheet, and found that there is only 84m or 90m length but an intermediate length of 88.5 m is not specified.
Cranes Etc
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 1:39:18 PM

Speddy wrote:

But how do you explain the following then?

Conrad says that the luffing jib has a length of 1.77 m, which corresponds to the original 88.5 m.

Now I have looked in the datasheet, and found that there is only 84m or 90m length but an intermediate length of 88.5 m is not specified.

I think if the above is correct then I suppose it is the type of modelling compromise that might be made to keep the costs of tooling new parts down.

Ian

http://www.CranesEtc.co.uk
http://www.Twitter.com/CranesEtc
http://www.YouTube.com/CranesEtcTV
Cranes Etc on Facebook
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 1:49:04 PM

I would imagine if this is the luffer that will be sold then its due to cost savings,

Look at how nervy NZG were to release a luffer for the LTM11200,and consider the vast amount of LTM11200's that had sold,and take into consideration these LTM11200 luffers are made in China where costs are alot lower than German labour,

It does sting a little but maybe Conrad seen the small excitement that went around when the discovery of the ac500 luffer turned out that it could fit the ac1000

Terex have never had the same input into their model program as Liebherr,hense we see a vast spread of Liebherr models and all made to a supreme quality,again this is all done on the backing of the OEMs,

What has worried me is the lack of anything new from Plonker Models!!! looking forward to another fantastic Cranes Etc video review

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Davie82
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:38:48 PM

Update:

I got an email back from Carmen at Conrad and she said the following:

"We will have a jib for the AC1000 at the end of April:

99023/0 normal version

99023/01 STEIL

99023/02 Integrated"

The way she says it, sounds to me like they will make a proper replica of the AC1000 jib which just wasn't ready to be shown at the toy fair.

Thoughts?

cranedude07
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:51:45 PM

I would bet it's still the same way it was shown at toy fair. Conrad doesn't show many prototypes at shows, usually always the final product. I hope they do make it right but I don't see it happening

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Cubanb343
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:59:52 AM

Although maybe not a perfect decision, I think maybe it is a good one. If it fits the 500 and 1000, it's great. Maybe not 100% accurate but with the amount of 500s out there, maybe more collectors can pick up a jib for their cranes. Have they said how many jibs will be produced ?
evdew
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:15:19 AM

I have an ac500 and am kind of hoping this will fit it, i know it wont be quite right to scale but it would be nice to save some money and have one jib that fits two cranes as i plan to buy the ac1000 next. i agree it would have been nice if it was an all new tooling but we could have far worse problems and it should still look nice and probably be a better deal as well.
Robert Heuston
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:17:09 AM

Well I hope it is the AC500 job, then i can get one for my AC500.
cranedude07
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:34:20 AM

Well the ac500 jib fits perfect on the 1000, so the adapter should be the same, they said it will also come with an adapter to fit the 100m boom.

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Cubanb343
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:00:58 PM

Great. And Brandon have you tried to fit a lattice section between the head and the luffer? Like your pics. Maybe it will work. I'd try it but I'm not home
cranedude07
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:44:47 PM

I haven't but I'm sure it can. I will try when I get home and post a pic or 2

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
cranedude07
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:46:16 PM

is this what you mean brandon?

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Cubanb343
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 10:23:07 AM

Yeah Brandon that looks pretty dang awesome! Looks like I will have to get a 1000 and a jib this year!