DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Photobucket Issues Options · View
RowanH
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2017 4:58:59 AM

Groups: Member

I recently had a paid account and when my credit card expired and I tried to update my details, it was so difficult that I gave up and my account has reverted to free.

I'm curious though, if my account remains as is, will I be expected.to pay the $400 or will the image simply not display?

EDIT: Ah well, ignore all of that. My signature image (or lack thereof) explains it all.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

digggerr
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2017 9:19:11 PM

I just loaded this image in my library on the site and it seems to work fine. Until it has an impact on me, I'll not give it further thought.

ChandlerYohn
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2017 9:23:13 AM

Paul R wrote:
Not sure what I will do after that.

Paul R

You might need to solicit a Patreon account... You have provided invaluable image resources to this community, it would be a shame to have that locked out. Hopefully Photobucket will revise their policy as $400 annually just to share pics seems ridiculous. You're getting into Adobe software subscription territory (also irked with software subscriptions versus owning a software package).

I do hope it comes together for you Paul (and others). Take care and all the best.

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
Paul R
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2017 8:47:55 AM

ChandlerYohn wrote:
Paul R wrote:
Not sure what I will do after that.

Paul R

You might need to solicit a Patreon account... You have provided invaluable image resources to this community, it would be a shame to have that locked out. Hopefully Photobucket will revise their policy as $400 annually just to share pics seems ridiculous. You're getting into Adobe software subscription territory (also irked with software subscriptions versus owning a software package).

I do hope it comes together for you Paul (and others). Take care and all the best.

ChandlerYohn,
I'll figure something out, just not sure what yet!

Adobe LR and PS subscription is cheap compared to this! I pay about £100GBP per year.

All the best,

Paul R
dain555
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:20:15 PM

I copied over my pics on photobucket and joined Flickr. I still see my pics on the threads I did in the general forum area but I'm not seeing others. If you don't see my pics please let me know, the threads are "Something for Pickups" on page 3 and "Spotted today, 12 Jun 17" on page 1. Thanks and we'll see what happens!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Victor Pay
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2017 11:08:04 AM

So what did you do, you copied your pics over to Flickr still using the original URLs, with the name photobucket in it?
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2017 12:05:25 PM

Since two month or so I'm watching once colorfull pictures turning into these grey Third-Party-stickers. Not just here, but in many, many other forums, too. It just puts me off using photobukcet ever. I think there are more than enough other possibilities than photobucket to share pics with others...

Maybe we start a thread here in the lounge about good alternitives to photobucket and the expiriences you've made with them? I'm just fine with Chucks decision to avoid exra servercosts for sharing photos directly here.

Cheers,

Max
dain555
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2017 1:28:27 PM

Victor Pay wrote:
So what did you do, you copied your pics over to Flickr still using the original URLs, with the name photobucket in it?

No I downloaded them to my laptop from photobucket, then went to Flickr and joined up and downloaded the pics to my Flickr account. The pics still on here are from my photobucket account and if the show now or not I can always replace with Flickr tagged pics. Any new pics I do will now go thru Flickr.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Victor Pay
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2017 1:59:13 PM

OK - I could hardly imagine it to be possible already, but still your photobucket pics are all visible to me. That's why I asked.
Paul R
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2017 3:01:50 PM

I think all mine will be visible until April 2018 as I was paying a small amount.

I tried Flickr but it's not so user friendly as PB for batch posting. But I'll need to find a solution somehow.

Paul R