DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Manitowoc M-1200 Ringer Options · View
CraneInnovation
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 6:38:13 PM

Groups: Member

Does anyone know how many of these were made, or who owns any available for rent or sale?

So far, the only one I know of is the one on the SEA JACK. For such a massive upgrade in capacity, I wonder why more of these aren't out there?

The fundamental aim....is to do everything that is attempted in a first-class way."
-Pierre S. Dupont
TimT
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 9:56:34 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Mammoet had one..at least... I have some pics here, but It might be the same one thats mounted on the "Sea Jack" also. I know it was in the old Mammoet green/yellow colors... years ago now. They used it quite a lot... seems that they still own one in Red&Black now... I'll see if I can find out more.
ben94f150
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 11:13:45 PM

I know of two one was painted yellow and green went to work in united air of emerits. Their was also a bright orange on built
ben94f150
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 11:25:00 PM

I think the main reason why not many were built was because their not really that mobile of a ring. They are very impressive. actaully are based off of the M250. The only think most noticable of the M1200 is the gantry of the M250 otherwise it is really hard to tell its even based off of a M250. Their was a Yellow and green one built did a big lift in United Air of Emiritts. then another bright orange one in color that i know of and saw pictures of.
ben94f150
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 11:33:27 PM

Bragg crane had M1200ringer. The jumping jack was mammoets and was red and black tell it came crashing down in 2007. It was then bought by a different company and completelly rebuilt. Is in blue and green colors now
johndeere4020
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:06:56 AM

United Arab Emirates, sorry I don't usually correct people but that was bugging me.
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:44:54 AM

johndeere4020 wrote:
United Arab Emirates, sorry I don't usually correct people but that was bugging me.

LOL.
RI CRANEMAN
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:47:33 AM

Ben, Is this one of them?

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you start to see every problem as a nail. Abraham Maslow
CraneInnovation
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:51:43 PM

Thanks for the info guys.

The pictures I've seen include the one in the UAE that RI posted, the few pictures of the green and yellow one, there used to be a great picture of a black and yellow one (Mammoet?), and then the red (now blue) one that was rebuilt on the SEA JACK.

Given the fact that info was sparse, I didn't know if these were all one, two, three? cranes all traded around.

My experience with these "odd" Manitowocs is that there's usually 1 or 2 more than we think. For example, I've learned recently that there was as many as nine 888 ringers built (although I'd never have guessed from now seldom you see that one around). There was also four 6000's built (I believe) but the only ones I know of where the two delivered to Texas (current whereabouts unknown). There was a sighting in Argentina many years ago at a power plant.

Anyways, our company recently acquired a 2250 and we occasionally have jobs come across our desk that would benefit from a BIG hook. I have no idea if all 2250's are M-1200 ready, but the M-1200 is included in the 2250 product guide. Would be awful cool if one of these Ringers was sitting in someone's yard someplace waiting for an engineer crazy enough to recommend using it.

Would like nice in Cianbro colors, too!

UPDATE:

The one on the SEA JACK is the one Mammoet had in Singapore, and likely the one in my picture below. So that leaves one in the UAE?

http://www.cranestodaymagazine.com/news/mammoet-scraps-flotation-plans-and-expands-joint-ventures/

The fundamental aim....is to do everything that is attempted in a first-class way."
-Pierre S. Dupont
CraneInnovation
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:57:23 PM

My picture:

-Pierre S. Dupont
ben94f150
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:25:13 PM

The black and yellow M1200 Ringer was Bragg Cranes. Your right about the 6000 4 series 1 6000 were built. The first to shipped to brown and Root for offshore oil derrick construction. their was also a 6000 series 2 four of the built
Formu1fan
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:32:37 AM

ben94f150 wrote:
The black and yellow M1200 Ringer was Bragg Cranes. Your right about the 6000 4 series 1 6000 were built. The first to shipped to brown and Root for offshore oil derrick construction. their was also a 6000 series 2 four of the built

Wow I didn't know Bragg ever owned anything of that caliber. Thanks for the info!

-John
RMS Models
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:40:49 AM

Gentlemen,

To the best of my knowledge Bragg cranes that have been painted in their standard color sceme have their lattice booms painted black. I also to not remember seeing any Bragg cranes with their boom sections ends painted the alternate color. On the cranes pictured above, this color does not look black to me, it looks more gray. These two (2) features indicate to me that these two (2) cranes are Mammoet cranes. There was a period in Mammoet's history, when they were owned by a shipping company, their paint scheme was yellow and gray.

Randy M. Smolenack
RMSmodels@aol.com
randy.m.smolenack@us.army.mil
CraneBrain
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:21:00 PM

RMS Models wrote:
Gentlemen,

To the best of my knowledge Bragg cranes that have been painted in their standard color sceme have their lattice booms painted black. I also to not remember seeing any Bragg cranes with their boom sections ends painted the alternate color. On the cranes pictured above, this color does not look black to me, it looks more gray. These two (2) features indicate to me that these two (2) cranes are Mammoet cranes. There was a period in Mammoet's history, when they were owned by a shipping company, their paint scheme was yellow and gray.

Randy M. Smolenack
RMSmodels@aol.com
randy.m.smolenack@us.army.mil

Correct. Not Braggs M-12.. the boom was black and its the wrong yellow, bragg was more of an orange-ish yellow back then, and I mean BACK THEN....
trk4100
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:45:48 PM

Alberici owns one that is in St. Louis on the river. Their subsidiary, Hillsdale Fabricators, actually uses it in their barge yard to load large fabrications. I can't find my photos, but Google Earth shows it still there.
eef7260
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:17:05 PM

ben94f150
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 1:21:15 AM

Heres Braggs some reason wont let me flip it sorry guys
ben94f150
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 1:24:50 AM

B&G crane has yellow and gray like the m1200 ringer might have been theirs
CraneInnovation
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 3:47:43 PM

Neat info trk4100!

Where is it on the river? I found Hillsdale's yard on Google Earth and it looks like there are definitely M-1200 parts (including the base crane) stacked up in the northwest corner of their yard. I went up and down the river and couldn't find one put together. Found a whole bunch of other cranes...

Ben,

Cool picture!! Where did you find it?

-Pierre S. Dupont
CraneInnovation
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 6:23:36 PM

This is Alberici's St. Louis yard from Google Earth.

Note the 2250 base crane, the ring sections, crawler side beams, ring pads, counterweight tray, heavy boom sections, auxiliary hoist, and associated framework.

Also, I assume the boxes in the upper center are counterweights? They look hollow to me. Were they intended to be filled with concrete on-site and then emptied for trucking?

-Pierre S. Dupont