DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

NEWS FLASH! Making-of Caterpillar D6H Boom Buggy - Ad Gevers 20230530 Options · View
RowanH
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:38:47 PM

Groups: Member

While I'm not a big fan of the 988 stylistically, Tonkin have really knocked this prototype out of the park. I can't wait to see the production version and the 994H!

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

kwabbus
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:49:56 PM

UPDATE! The making of....a Bushmaster Troop carrier

Custom scale model builder Ciprian Ursulescu from CypModels has recently started his next project:
Developing and building a Bushmaster Troop carrier in 1:48th scale.

It is our goal for the coming period in this "Making of a ...Bushmaster Troop carrier" to show how this custom model will be achieved.

Ciprian Ursulescu, will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes from Carol Westerhoff and me to keep you informed of his progress.
Gradually it shows you the making of a unique model of the Bushmaster Troop carrier.

Enjoy reading & watching!

Ciprian, Carol and Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 4:10:27 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT! MULTIDOCKER CH 74D [HMM 1:50]

The following new Hermann Müller Modellbau scale model in 1:50th scale will be released before the end 2013:

MULTIDOCKER Cargo Handler 74D

The MultiDocker CH74D is a state of the art hydraulic cargo handler. The MultiDocker CH74D is the efficient solution for handling ships up to ca 15.000 DWT.

Specification highlights:

Body: Caterpillar 374D
Operation Weights: 87-99 tons
Powered by: C15 Acert Engine
Net Power – 355kW
Maximum reach: 21,4.-24,8m
Maximum 17,7 tonnes

If you want to know more about this unique custom built scale model have a look at Hermann Müller Modellbau.

kwabbus
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:17:48 AM

WANTED! Oshkosh R series Information and photos!

On the DHS forum I recently found the photo and quote listed below and because all the positive reactions I recieved from fellow Caterpillar and Oshkosh scale models collectors I contacted Dan Models to see if its possible to make this unique Oshkosh R series truck in 1:50th scale.

Dan Silvestru is excited as I'm, but we need more information, dimensions, drawings, specsheets and photos, photos and more photos to even start with this project.

Quote:

This giant Caterpillar powered Oshkosh R series, was one of a number that were sold to the Saudi Arabian Bin Laden Construction company in the late 1960's.

They were 6x4 drive with plantetary axles, fitted wth sand tyres and Hyster supplied the heavy duty flat bed. This example was one of a few that were also shipped as a package with the mighty Caterpillar D9G dozer on the back. It's pictured outside the Caterpillar dealer in Wiscsonsin where it was later shipped to the Gulf.

Not many rigid trucks of the day could transport such a load and these did it with ease. These were the largest trucks Oshkosh had produced until the arrival of the even larger J series which came out in the 1970's.

If you are in the possession of more photos or additional background information like Drawings, Specsheets or Brochures about the 1:1 Oshkosh R series truck I would be happy if you send your response to info@minimovers.nl

Only with your help we can make this project a succes!

Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 7:26:37 AM

CypModels has announced to produce a new unique scale model in 1:50th scale:

FireKing Bushfire fighting vehicle

Progress photos, dimensional details, price, numbers and the delivery schedule delivery date will be posted on our Website when available.
This next knock out model will be available in very limited numbers for serious collectors only.
More information about pre ordering this unique scale model in a very limited edition? Visit the CypModels website.

Follow the complete story? Then check out www.minimovers.nl/news to discover how gradually it will turn out into a unique handmade scale model.

kwabbus
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 5:00:57 PM

NEWS FLASH! Caterpillar 375 LME Boom [Creatpshop 1:50]

The following new Creatpshop kit in 1:50th scale is recently announced:

Caterpillar 375 LME Boom (resin kit)

With this kit of the Caterpillar 375 LME Boom you can convert a Joal Caterpillar 375 Hydraulic Excavator to a LME version. In the picture you can see the first built prototype displayed. The finall kit will come complete with working lights and proper Caterpillar boom logos. Progress photos, sales price, numbers and the delivery schedule date will be posted on Creatpshop when available.

Wouter

todd s
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:50:37 PM

kwabbus wrote:
WANTED! Oshkosh R series Information and photos!

On the DHS forum I recently found the photo and quote listed below and because all the positive reactions I recieved from fellow Caterpillar and Oshkosh scale models collectors I contacted Dan Models to see if its possible to make this unique Oshkosh R series truck in 1:50th scale.

Dan Silvestru is excited as I'm, but we need more information, dimensions, drawings, specsheets and photos, photos and more photos to even start with this project.

Quote:

This giant Caterpillar powered Oshkosh R series, was one of a number that were sold to the Saudi Arabian Bin Laden Construction company in the late 1960's.

They were 6x4 drive with plantetary axles, fitted wth sand tyres and Hyster supplied the heavy duty flat bed. This example was one of a few that were also shipped as a package with the mighty Caterpillar D9G dozer on the back. It's pictured outside the Caterpillar dealer in Wiscsonsin where it was later shipped to the Gulf.

Not many rigid trucks of the day could transport such a load and these did it with ease. These were the largest trucks Oshkosh had produced until the arrival of the even larger J series which came out in the 1970's.

If you are in the possession of more photos or additional background information like Drawings, Specsheets or Brochures about the 1:1 Oshkosh R series truck I would be happy if you send your response to info@minimovers.nl

Only with your help we can make this project a succes!

Wouter

Whenever you make them, I want one. The problem with the R series trucks is like the other Oshkosh series trucks, they came in many sizes. Most R series trucks were more like a normal American heavy haul tractor. I have a lot of info on the W series trucks and will look to see if I have any R series info. R series trucks were mostly used in Africa and Australia.
kwabbus
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 11:34:24 AM

The making of....a Fireking Bushfire fighting vehicle

Custom scale model builder Ciprian Ursulescu from CypModels has recently started his next project: Developing and building a Fireking Bushfire fighting vehicle in 1:50th scale.

It is our goal for the coming period in this "Making of a ...Fireking Bushfire fighting vehicle" to show how this custom model will be achieved.

Ciprian Ursulescu, will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes from me to keep you informed of his progress. Gradually it shows you the making of a unique model of the Fireking.

Enjoy reading & watching!

Ciprian and Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:12:37 AM

NEWS FLASH! Caterpillar Mechanics [Creatpshop 1:50]

The following new Creatpshop set in 1:50th scale is recently announced:

Caterpillar Mechanics #PE601

This seven-piece, made ​​from resin, handpainted Caterpillar technicians set in 1:50th scale gives you the option to create a perfectly dressed diorama around your own Caterpillar scale model.
The set costs € 31, - plus shipping.
It is also possible to have the mechanics set paint to your own customization, for example in the colors of your favorite company. Learn more about the opportunities and please feel free to contact Creatphop.

Curious? Ckeck out: www.minimovers.nl/news

Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2013 1:04:41 PM

The following new Quarry Diecast Models set in 1:50th scale is recently announced:

Caterpillar D11 Dozer Shipping Accessories #QDM0003

Quarry Diecast Models has manufactured a resin Dozer kit to be utilised with the Norscot Caterpillar D11T Dozer to be able to display this Track-Type Tractor in ‘Shipping Form’ as they arrive into Australia.
The Caterpillar D11 Dozer Shipping Accessories Kit #QDM0003 in 1:50th scale comes complete with:

1x cab cover
2x small exhaust stacks
2x Cylinder mounting brackets
2x Feet for ROPS
2x Large Plugs – for use in the holes where the push arms are attached to the model
2x Smaller Plugs – for use in the top holes left from when the ROPS is removed from the model

Curious for more? Check out: www.minimovers.nl/news

Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:12:19 PM

ADDED REVIEW! CATERPILLAR 637G Wheel Tractor Scraper and Push Pull set [CCM 1:48]

If you are in the possession of photos or additional background information like the original brochures or specsheets about the 1:1 Caterpillar 637, Caterpillar 637D, Caterpillar E and the Caterpillar 637G Scraper I would be happy if you send your response to info@minimovers.nl

Enjoy all pictures on: www.minimovers.nl

Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:16:29 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT! Caterpillar 740 Limespreader [MDF 1:50]

Les Miniatures du Faubourg has announced to produce a new unique Caterpillar scale model in 1:50th scale.

Caterpillar 740 Limespreader

This model will be presented at the Modelshow Europe on March 22, 2014.
Sales price for a build model is 220,- euro and a kit will cost 110,- euro.

Check out Les Miniatures Du Faubourg for more information about this and other unique scalemodels.

Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:20:35 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT! Caterpillar D400 [MDF 1:50]

Les Miniatures du Faubourg has announced to produce a new unique Caterpillar scale model in 1:50th scale.

Caterpillar D400 Articulated Dump Truck

This model will be presented at the Modelshow Europe on March 22, 2014.
Sales price for a build model is 220,- euro and a kit will cost 110,- euro.

Check out Les Miniatures Du Faubourg for more information about this and other unique scalemodels.

kwabbus
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 2:58:49 PM

MODEL REVIEW! Caterpillar 631D OROPS Wheel Tractor-Scraper [Black Rat Model Collection 1:50]

Today there is added an model review of the Caterpillar 631D OROPS Wheel Tractor-Scraper from the Black Rat Model Collection in 1:50th scale.

Curious? Enjoy all pictures on: www.minimovers.nl

kwabbus
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2013 4:32:38 PM

NEWS FLASH! BAGGERMODELLE - MiniMovers Caterpillar Wallpaper 2013

Especially for the collectors of Caterpillar scale models BAGGERMODELLE and MiniMovers have created a unique Wallpaper for your personal computer.

Free to download! Just click: BAGGERMODELLE - MiniMovers Caterpillar Wallpaper

Daniel and Wouter

Crazy797
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2013 9:27:14 PM

Tool drawers

How can we order those wonderful tool drawers for here in Canada, you can also send me all the infos in my inbox or via email !!!

Best regards,

Pat
Crazy797
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2013 9:27:53 PM

url=http://www.minimovers.nl/files/fe6db192991d4df5b28950b12d76ec94-Caterpillar_Mechanics_PE601_Creatpshop%20(3).JPG]Tool drawers[/url]

How can we order those wonderful tool drawers for here in Canada, you can also send me all the infos in my inbox or via email !!!

Best regards,

Pat

kwabbus
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2013 8:07:00 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT! No 10 Tractor [Dan Models 1:50]

Dan Models from Roemenia, former known as Miniatur-Models.com, has announced to release in 2014 a new unique resin scale model in 1:50th scale

No 10 Tractor (1e version)

Progress photos, dimensional details, price, numbers and the delivery schedule date will be posted on our Website when available. This next knock out model will be available in very limited numbers for serious collectors only.
More information about his current available scale models or pre ordering this unique scale model in a very limited edition? Visit the Dan Models website.

Of course this unique scale model will not (only) be provided as a separate tractor.
But more on that later ..... Once again: 2014 will be a year full of surprises!!!

Follow all the updates and the latest news on www.minimovers.nl and stay informed of progress on this project and to bring you a little bit in a party mood I may share the first picture of the prototype which is now being developed.

SUPERB!

kwabbus
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2013 2:18:56 PM

UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT! Caterpillar 966K Wheel Loader [Tonkin 1:50]

Tonkin has released the first photos off their next to release Caterpillar scale model in their 1:50 Construction Diecast Series:

Caterpillar 966K Wheel Loader #TR10003

The Caterpillar® 966K Wheel Loader scale model is made in scale 1:50. As you expect from Tonkin this magnificent model has plenty of detail and functioning parts. Retail Price: $71.95 plus shipping. The scale model will be, if all goes according to plan, available for sales before the end of 2013.

Watch and enjoy! This is going to be a another superb model!

Cat22Fan
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2013 7:29:11 PM

Has anyone heard the ETA on the 950K or 972K? Or for that matter, has anyone seen a preproduction image of the 994H yet? I know I was talking to Tonkin a few weeks ago and they said the ETA for the D6R XL is suppose to be late December.