DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

NEWS FLASH! Making-of Caterpillar D6H Boom Buggy - Ad Gevers 20230530 Options · View
kwabbus
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 2:46:30 PM

Groups: Member

ITmachine wrote:
Wow that 4 is unrecognizable from the stock model. Thats incredible.

All credits to my best friend QuADđź‘Ť
kwabbus
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2015 7:25:13 PM

AVAILABLE NOW! Caterpillar Winch Kit #51 [cADSttachments 1:50]

Under the name cADSttachements appear regularly exclusive small series of KITS that allow you to add a machine variant or a unique work tool to your Caterpillar collection.

Caterpillar Winch Kit #51

Announcent at the Modelshow Europe 2015, in Ede, The Netherlands and now soon available! Pre order your kit today. Do not wait to long they are gone before you know! These are small series limited KITS. So GONE=GONE!

If you want to buy the Caterpillar Winch Kit #51 check: cADSttachements

kwabbus
Posted: Friday, August 21, 2015 3:40:05 PM

NEWS FLASH! The making of...a DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer

Custom scale model builder Ad Gevers started this week with his next project the building in 1:48th scale of the:

DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer

It is our goal for the coming period in this "Making of... DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer" to show how this custom model will be achieved. Ad Gevers, will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes from me to keep you informed of his progress. Gradually it shows you the making of a unique model of the DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer.

Enjoy reading & watching!

Ad and Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2015 2:54:15 PM

LATEST ADDITION! DJB D44 Articulated Dump Truck [MDF 1:50]

Last Modelshow Europe in Ede I was able to purchase another unique model from Les Miniatures du Faubourg MDF), as always Andre Rochat, coming from Southern France, made ​​the long journey to the Modelshow Europe to show his latest developed models.

DJB D44 Articulated Dump Truck

DJB Engineering Ltd was founded in 1973 in Peterlee, County Durham in England by David John Bowes Brown. The Firm built its first Articulated Dump Truck (ADT) a model D250 in 1974, based on a Caterpillar drive train. The trucks were marketed exclusively through Caterpillar dealers world wide as the major components were all Caterpillar. The range was expanded and sales grew steadily with Caterpillar buying the rights to the design & branding them as Caterpillar DJB in 1985 and eventually buying the company out in 1995.

The scale model DJB D44 Articulated Dump Truck is mostly made ​​of resin and is built available in two versions for the price starting of 210,- Euro's.

My first impression: Excellent scale model! In my opion his best succeeded and built scale model. I’m therefore very pleased with this unique addition to my Articulated Dumptruck collection.

A must have for every collector.

kwabbus
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2015 11:36:32 AM

UPDATE! The making of...a DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer

Custom scale model builder Ad Gevers started recently with his next project the building in 1:48th scale of the:

DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer

It is our goal for the coming period in this "Making of... DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer" to show how this custom model will be achieved. Ad Gevers, will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes from me to keep you informed of his progress. Gradually it shows you the making of a unique model of the DOOBI D9R IDF Military Bulldozer.

Today I have added the first update of the "The making of ..." This episode Ad his pictures show you adjusting the undercarriage to make the metal shoes fit exactly.

Ad and Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 3:51:50 PM

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 621 [NZG 1:50]

This week I received this latest addition made by NZG in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar 621 Wheel Tractor-Scraper #122

The Caterpillar 621 Wheel Tractor-Scraper scale model was already since the early years a part of my Earthmoving collection and was so unnoticed for more than thirty years in my possession.
With the recent arrival of the Caterpillar 621K Scraper I had to create space in the display cabinet and only then I noticed that the NZG model of age fell apart and had never been complete.
That's why I was very happy that I got the opportunity through a collector friend to obtain for a very decent price a mint boxed copy.

My first impression: A must have within every Caterpillar Wheel Tractor-Scrapers collection.
For me a very valuable scale model because it brings back the good memories of the days I used to attend scale model swap meetings with my Dad.

I will add more pictures from the Caterpillar 621 Wheel Tractor-Scraper scale model, machine 1:1 and background information in the category Wheel Tractor-Scrapers.
So stay tuned for more!

Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2015 4:34:02 PM

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar CT660 Mechanic Truck [Otter Bro Customs 1:50]

Last week I received from America this latest addition in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar CT660 “HOLT” Mechanics truck

Under the name Otter Bro Customs (OBC) appear regularly exclusive custom built models that allow you to add another unique replica Caterpillar model to your collection. I'm very lucky that I can add another small (I mean the scale!) masterpiece to my Caterpillar On-Highway Truck collection.

This unique one of a kind scale model is made by using the Caterpillar CT660 Vocational Dump Truck and the Mechanics truck upper body taken from the Peterbilt 335 produced by TWH Collectibles and is completely custom modified and rebuild by Otter Bro Customs in scale 1:50.

I will add more pictures from the Caterpillar CT660 “HOLT” Mechanics truck scale model, machine 1:1 and background information in the category On-Highway Trucks

kwabbus
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 3:41:15 PM

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar DD9G “QUAD” [EMD 1:50]

This week I received this latest addition made by EMD in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar DD9G “QUAD” Track-Type Tractor #N109

The American company EMD has re-released most from the "old" ATM models. If you want to see if this model or kit is still available you can contact Brandon Lewis at Buffalo Road Imports in America.

I have the kit of the Caterpillar DD9G “QUAD” Track-Type Tractor, made by EMD, already for many years in my possession, but for the moment definitely still have no time left to build it myself. So when I was able to get hold to the ready built model through the internet and for a decent price the choice was made quickly. Despite the excellent packaging due traveling from distant Alaska to the Netherlands my scale model first had to visit one of my best collector friends for a necessary "Pit Stop" in which the model in record time fortunately could be restored to its former glory.

My first impression: A unique and must have D9 within every Caterpillar Track-Type Tractor collection.

The complete review with more pictures from the Caterpillar DD9G "QUAD" scale model, machine in 1:1 and background information is added in the category Track-Type Tractors

Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 3:26:40 PM

kwabbus: I would agree that the EMD version of the D99G Quad is beautiful and highly detailed. Every one should have one. However, in my collecting over the last 15 years or so, virtually every EMD model that I have purchased has arrived broken. They are too fragile. In this case I wouldn't even try at obtain this D99G quad from EMD. I would much prefer the CCM version in diecast. Though I do not have one currently, I do have the D9H. It is truly magnificent. So if I choose to get the pair, I'll go with the CCM version for sure. CAW
kwabbus
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2015 2:55:09 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT! 988B RTCH [CypModels 1:50]

CypModels has announced to release in early 2016 a new unique scale model in 1:50th scale:

988B RTCH Rough Terrain Container Handler

This next knock out model of the 988B RTCH Rough Terrain Container Handler will be available in very limited numbers.
At present, however, CypModels still urgently is looking for more photos and drawings in particular, with the proper dimensions of the 988B RTCH Rough Terrain Container Handler 1:1 in order to realize an exact replica in 1:50th scale.
Do you have information? Please contact me and I will make sure that it will go directly to CypModels.

Curious? More photos and information will be posted on www.minimovers.nl the coming period.

And just a small teaser.....

jdofmemi
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2015 5:40:19 AM

In case you missed it, there are loads of inspection photos here:
http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/640848?h=6-1

This one has a different lifting arrangement, but it should be helpful.

Here you will find two more with full inspection reports, over 100 pictures each

http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/auction.ips?msg=15171#msg=15171&sm=0&m=Cat&sort=p%20desc

Jerry
kwabbus
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2015 8:50:46 AM

Great findđź‘Ť

This helps us a lot. Thanks for the effort Jerry!

Wouter
kwabbus
Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 2:32:08 PM

UPDATE! The making of...a Caterpillar 578 Pipelayer

Custom scale model builder Gertjan Veld has recently started his next project of building a Caterpillar 578 Pipelayer by using the Caterpillar D9R Track-Type Tractor from NZG in 1:50th scale.

It is our goal for the coming period in the "Making of...a Caterpillar 578 Pipelayer" to show you how this custom model will be achieved.
Gertjan will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to keep us informed of his progress. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the Caterpillar 578 Pipelayer.

Today I have added the second update of the "The making of ...Caterpillar 578 Pipelayer" This episode Gertjan his pictures show you the work he has done to modify the cabin & superstructure and the winch he added.

Gertjan and Wouter

kwabbus
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2015 1:13:47 PM

LATEST ADDITION! Caterpillar 825B [NZG 1:50]

Last weekend I received this latest addition made by NZG in my collection and directly took it to the photo set:

Caterpillar 825B Compactor #135

The Caterpillar 825B Compactor scale model was already since the early years a part of my Earthmoving collection and was so unnoticed for more than thirty years in my possession. With the recent arrival of the Caterpillar 826C Landfill Compactor I had to create space in the display cabinet and only then I noticed that the NZG model of age fell apart and had never been complete. That's why I was very happy that I got the opportunity through a collector friend to obtain for a very decent price a mint boxed copy.

My first impression: A must have within every Caterpillar Compactor collection. For me a very valuable scale model because it brings back the good memories of the days I used to attend scale model swap meetings with my Dad.

I will add more pictures from the Caterpillar 825B Compactor scale model, machine 1:1 and background information in the category Compactors So stay tuned for more!

kokosing Const Co
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:53:17 PM

Why did all the Diecast Master releases get deleted from this thread?
digggerr
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2015 9:29:06 PM

Replicars purchased the Caterpillar license from Diecast Masters!

@%#$#; it was just a dream.....
Save1er
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2015 10:07:01 PM

kwabbus wrote:
ANNOUNCEMENT! Caterpillar RTCH [CypModels 1:50]

CypModels has announced to release in early 2016 a new unique scale model in 1:50th scale:

Caterpillar Rough Terrain Container Handler (RTCH)

This next knock out model of the Caterpillar Rough Terrain Container Handler will be available in very limited numbers.
At present, however, CypModels still urgently is looking for more photos and drawings in particular, with the proper dimensions of the Caterpillar Rough Terrain Container Handler 1:1 in order to realize an exact replica in 1:50th scale.
Do you have information? Please contact me and I will make sure that it will go directly to CypModels.

Curious? More photos and information will be posted on www.minimovers.nl the coming period.

I wish they would elaborate more about the specific model numbers. The top photo is of a DV43, the photo below is the RT240. Both are Rough Terrain Container Handlers but the DV43 is commonly known as just DV43 while the "RTCH" we refer to is the RT240. I have access to the digital Technical Manual for the DV43 that CypModels is wanting to produce and can get closeup pictures or maybe even a tour if they have a rep willing to come down in the U.S., I just have to find which company has it as I haven't seen one in months.

Not My Photo
Cat345bl
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2015 11:11:42 PM

Very nice find Wouter on the 825B. That model was short lived because NZG sold the tooling, along with the 955L to Joal who mass produced both castings. I'm trying to get my hands on a NZG 825B too.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 09/21/23

kokosing Const Co
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2015 7:05:34 AM

digggerr wrote:
Replicars purchased the Caterpillar license from Diecast Masters!

@%#$#; it was just a dream.....

Are you serious or no?
kwabbus
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2015 12:14:38 PM

UPDATE! The making of...a Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader

The Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader is a "one of a kind" custom scale model. Ad used for this project a "spare" Caterpillar 272C Skid Steer Loader which has been released by Classic Construction Models in a limited edition of only 200 pieces. The model is hand crafted from brass in 1:48th scale.
Ad modified the Wheeled Skid Steer Loader version into a Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader version and added (as he always does -)) tons of extra details including a scratch built Caterpillar BR172 Brushcutter.

It is our goal for the coming period in the "Making of...a Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader" to show you how this custom model has been achieved.

Ad will share his building skills through its construction photos with little notes to guide us through his progress. Gradually it shows the making of a unique model of the Caterpillar 289C Compact Track Loader.
Today I have added the second update of the "The making of ..." This episode Ad his pictures show you how he continues the building of the undercarriage.

Ad and Wouter