DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Need to get as many people involved as we can, CRANE GUYS. Options · View
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2012 1:25:15 PM
Groups: Member

I've been thinking of a American sky-horse 1100 in 1/50 scale. My question is simple. How do we as a group of people, who want this crane,get it produced ? Hopefully, I'm not alone on this.

Chuck whatcha think ? How much money is needed from folks up front ? I love the quality of TWH models,although I don't own any at the moment.

Photo from Kerstdejong via Flickr. One of those daffy links again,highlite and then search.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24862621@N04/6656623277/

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

Paul Crane
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2012 2:20:11 PM

Great idea. Send Chuck and TWH an e-mail.
Cat 966f
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2012 2:37:44 PM

eef7260
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2012 3:44:36 PM

Quote:
Hopefully, I'm not alone on this

No you are not , a 11320 or 11250 in the TWH quality would be freaking good news.
But i don't want to spoil the fun , but the American brand is owned by Terex.
And from what i understand from it they are not very interested in scalemodels and if you use a a brand name where they have the rights for ( American ) the simply want an huge amount of money for it.
I could be wrong on this , and i very much hope so I would be one of the first to pre order one.

Eef

***Flickr American cranes group***3D printed crane parts at I.materialise

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 1:22:44 AM

Eef,

That's what I've been thinking. Your probably right about Terex wanting a huge amount of cash up from. I wonder just how much ? I'd be forced to save back money for this crane too.

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 1:23:28 AM

Cat 966f wrote:

Thank you Vinny.

-Unknown

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 1:24:08 AM

Paul Crane wrote:

Will do.

-Unknown

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 2:00:47 AM

It's going to take more than four people interested in this. Come on an chime in,the more numbers of people willing to put money down , or interested in the better.

I'd be happy with any American crane model in 1/50 scale.

We need your help folks...

-Unknown

DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 7:25:25 AM

this isnt going to happen, the money required to even start a project like this i imagine would be a lot.... then divide that by the few people that actually want one, the model will cost 5k just to buy

people have been clamming for an LTM 1500 for way longer and its much more popular and that hasnt happened, so an American Skyhorse is for sure out of the question
craneman
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 10:31:17 AM

I agree, the most likely is going to be a custom made model, say like the ones Mitch Gomez did. I think we got lucky with Manitowoc retro (4100) cranes but out side of that........

Two major brands I would like to see are Link - Belt, 518 or larger and an American Skyhorse... I have a 9310 but wouldn't consider with my talent or lack there of turning it into a skyhorse.

Whom ever on this forum is aware of a custom builder that has sufficient talent should speak up... I think that would have a better chance, Chuck could commision it provided sufficient "pre-paid" orders were made. AND so long as there was an agreed upon delivery time.... although does that really matter.... 31000 cough.....

Just my thoughts....
Eric Pioszak
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 3:59:01 PM

FiatAllisHD41 wrote:
Paul Crane wrote:

Will do.

might have better luck trying CCM, since they've already done several American models and have licensing in place. it would bump up the price into the $2000+ range on par with the custom pieces, but would keep the quantity's limited too. pretty much every crane model they make sells out, fast, so moving these with their existing clientele wouldn't be difficult.

Eric W. Pioszak, Operating Engineers Local 701, Portland, Oregon

METAL TRACKS AVAILABLE AGAIN!
Cab guards Available again!
Grapples Available again!
Industrialscalemodels[at symbol]Gmail.com
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 5:08:41 PM

Dewoc, I have some hope. Craneman,still waiting to hear from Chuck,Eric still a thought.

Was replied back to by TWH. This is what he want's to know.

1. How many people are interested .

2. What are we willing to sacrifice model wise.

3. What is a fair price for final product.

This is what we need to know.

-Unknown

linkbelt290rb
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 6:05:46 PM

u could contact greg

Nothing runs like a deere with a cat on its back but the link belt ate both of them

cranedude07
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 7:16:03 PM

i might be interested in one, would have to see the finished product though.
i doubt twh will take this on, as...

1: they have the 31000 to produce,
2: they have many proposals from us collectors on other models we would like to see next like a 2250 or 14000, and im sure alot more people on here would want a 2250 other than the skyhorse, plus a 2250 would be cheaper!
3: as stated before, CCM already has the license to produce american crane models, and if ccm were to produce one, i wouldnt be surprised to see it go for maybe 3 grand!

id rather buy the 31000, and sarens sgc with that amount of coin

theres actually a guy on hansebube forum who is scratch/CNC building an ltm1500 in 1/50, and it looks perfect!

ltm 1500 model link

but im sure jason could build one, if given alot of time, hes been pretty busy now days though. but he has the talent with that plastruct!WinkAni

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Eric Pioszak
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 7:40:59 PM

FiatAllisHD41 wrote:

2. What are we willing to sacrifice model wise.

Interesting question, what exactly does that mean? sacrificing details? functionality?

Eric W. Pioszak, Operating Engineers Local 701, Portland, Oregon

METAL TRACKS AVAILABLE AGAIN!
Cab guards Available again!
Grapples Available again!
Industrialscalemodels[at symbol]Gmail.com
Paul Crane
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 9:01:05 PM

It's good to hear that TWH would at least consider it. I wouldn't sacrifice the 31000, a 2250, or a 14000. They could easily price it the same as the 18000. They might be able to sell up to 500 pieces.
Shovelman
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 10:40:47 PM

Oop!

Please use this before clicking "post"??? You may be surprised with what you see!

Cubanb343
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 12:17:30 AM

2250!!
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 1:14:12 AM

Heard back from John Hemken {TWH CEO}. He basically said that there would need to be a substantial number of people that want a new product such as this, with the pre-order commitment to back it up.

Doesn't look like many would be interested at this time. It was worth trying.

-Unknown

Cubanb343
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 3:05:32 AM

Someone should email him about the 2250s then. I imagine there would be substantial interest in those.