DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Liebherr HS 855 HD Litronic [1:50 - NZG] Options · View
Remko
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:50:19 AM

Groups: Member

Well, it's been a few years since I last rigged a crawler crane (also from NZG, but the Menck M 251 dragline and the Weserhütte W180 piledriver), and it took me some time. But here it finally is! My HS 855 HD Litronic as a sheetpiler. I used the complete counterweight (10 pieces of 1,500 kg each, on top of the baseplate of 17,300 kg), as well as an extra piece of undercarriage counterweight (7,500 kg) from the Liebherr LTR 1100. This totals to 39,800 kg.

Here are a few pics, complete with sheets, and a Nooteboom teletrailer carrying more sheets. The truck in front of the trailer is the WSI Volvo 6x4 from Kamermans.

Car body counterweight.

Liebherr 40 VML high-frequency vibrator. This piece doesn't just look large and heavy, it really is!! Already pretty heavy in modelform, the actual unit already weigns 6,200 kg with out clamps. With clamps, the total weight of this attachment is 9,800 kg.

Well, Ash Man, if you'd like a good first crawler crane, this the model to get. Not to big, not to small, with a lot of functions (displayed either as a dragline or a crane), and pretty easy to rig. It's pretty much the AC 200 of crawler cranes. Teeth Teeth

Remko

Ocean Traders Scale Models Facebook Group
Gaz
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:22:00 AM

I was thinking of getting a small(ish) crawler to go with my collection, think this thread has convinced me to part with yet more money!!!!

It does look fantastic as a load though, might get a good sized low loader to sit it on Smile

Gaz
Ashleigh
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:30:50 AM

Well, Ash Man, if you'd like a good first crawler crane, this the model to get. Not to big, not to small, with a lot of functions (displayed either as a dragline or a crane), and pretty easy to rig. It's pretty much the AC 200 of crawler cranes. Teeth Teeth [/quote]

Thanks Remko for letting me know as it will go nicely with the conrad 1280 crawler crane i am getting hopefully soon.

A.Graham
Scrap and Haulage.
groundedpilot
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 12:32:11 PM

YYYYYOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOO,,,,

Exactly 2 minutes before reading this post, I got a phone call from my Liebherr model provider
that he received my HS 855 model......Cool

The bad thing is that I can't go and pick up the model before next wednesday....Whistle
hummer13
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 3:33:50 PM

Hey Remko Where did you get the extra sheet piles from?

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
Homer
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 4:23:51 PM

I would definitely go for the LR1280 instead of this for a first crawler. It is only slightly more expensive than this crane and is much bigger and gives a lot more flexibility for displaying (Can be rigged in more ways and breaks down into more pieces for displaying as a heavy haulage load). This crawler seems a bit expensive to me for what is on offer!

Noel

Noel.
Remko
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 4:26:20 PM

hummer13 wrote:
Hey Remko Where did you get the extra sheet piles from?

You're not the first asking that Jason (and probably won't be the last either), but I got them from a fellow modeler. He offered them for sale on the Dutch forum a while ago. I got 50 of them (only € 1,- euro a piece) and are made to the same length and thickness as the original NZG model. As for your next question, no, they are not for sale, and as far as I know, he isn't making them anymore. Too bad, as I would have loved a bunch with a length of 40 cm's, which is the maximum the LRB 255 can handle. They also look even better on a trailer, as it needs to be extended.

Remko

hummer13
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 5:45:49 PM

Quote:
no, they are not for sale,

Oh come on you know you want to sell me a fewTeeth I wish he was making more of them they look great.

Jason

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
dr501
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:22:59 PM

Gaz wrote:
I was thinking of getting a small(ish) crawler to go with my collection, think this thread has convinced me to part with yet more money!!!!

these post tend to do that to a persond'oh!

www.langtool.com
www.langlandclearing.com
www.prolec.co.uk/index.php
“Disclaimer: the views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of any official agency.or said above

The bearer of bad news on a new site, the HYDRO-AX guy

Eric Pioszak
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:13:53 PM

Nice looking crane! There's actually one of these with a clamshell working on the "big pipe" project in Portland, I think at least, It looks very similar.

Eric W. Pioszak, Operating Engineers Local 701, Portland, Oregon

METAL TRACKS AVAILABLE AGAIN!
Cab guards Available again!
Grapples Available again!
Industrialscalemodels[at symbol]Gmail.com
turbo21835
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:18:43 PM

Eric Pioszak wrote:
Nice looking crane! There's actually one of these with a clamshell working on the "big pipe" project in Portland, I think at least, It looks very similar.

Let me take a guess, the project is a tunnel project?

Charter Member, QBall Fan Club
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42336642940&ref=ts
Eric Pioszak
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 10:43:30 PM

turbo21835 wrote:
Eric Pioszak wrote:

Let me take a guess, the project is a tunnel project?

Yep, the "Big Pipe" is (3) seperate 2 mile long, 20' diameter underground water storage reservoirs,

Eric W. Pioszak, Operating Engineers Local 701, Portland, Oregon

METAL TRACKS AVAILABLE AGAIN!
Cab guards Available again!
Grapples Available again!
Industrialscalemodels[at symbol]Gmail.com
Remko
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2014 5:30:25 PM

I worked on the HS 855 today, and modified it into a low-headroom variant. Now I only need a new boomtip. But perhaps I'll just get another model, and use it for spare parts. Extra boom parts for the original model, and the tracks and cab will find their way unto other models. Cool

Detail.

Rigged. All I need now is a digging bucket.

Remko

wildpig1234
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2021 12:07:05 PM

still one of nzg best! and getting harder to buy one ;)
dain555
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2021 2:30:12 PM

Yes it is, I had one problem with mine and that was the key connection that allows the main winch drums to rotate. But I have hopefully gotten them now fixed!! I've also gotten a claim bucket to use now that the main winch drum issues have been taken care of so not only do I have the dragline ability and I have three different hook options (I have the single line ball, the single shive hook and a 3 shive hook) I now have a clam bucket option!! Oh and I also have options for the pennant lines as well such as the multiple section original lines and single lines in silver or black!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
dain555
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2021 2:39:22 PM

Oh and yes, they are very difficult to find and expensive!! I bought my Liebherr colored one in 2010 for about $200 USD and I bought a second one in blue under the Busker name for about $250 about a year later!! The second HS855HD belongs to my significant other and I haven't seen any more of them for sale since I got it!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!