DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Nikl Scale Models 2014 news *2024 Options · View
hummer13
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 9:09:03 PM

Groups: Member

I will just start a new thread for the new stuff I am coming out with for this year. I am working most of January on new products getting new products made up and molded. Right now I have the bucket kit for the CAT 950, excavator rock saws already complete or almost complete. I am just about finished with the toothless bucket to replace the bucket off of the 950 since the stock bucket will not fit the new coupler. I also have in the works 2 sizes of Soilmec vibrators and a Gjerstad side dumper for the CAT 988.
Today I finished my first excavator skeleton bucket, which is the frst excavator bucket I have done in about a year. This one is all CAd designed and parts are laser cut. I made 2 different sizes a 4 tooth and 6 tooth, both with different gauge screening. These will probably be sold as a kit and fit my 870coupler which I am doing another run of. I will also be doing skeleton buckets for 45 ton class machines.

Here is a small list I will update from time to time:

CAT 950 - attachment kit ( smooth bucket, skeleton bucket, extension bar, forks and coupler) Still developing coupler and digging bucket

Hitachi 870 - skeleton buckets (4, 6 tooth versions) Masters complete waiting for molding

Excavator rock saws ( 30 ton , 20ton sizes) these are build as order but I do have a 30 ton avilble

CAT 988 - Gjerstad side dump bucket ***Still in development

Soilmec vibrators (VS4, VS8) VS8 has been developed, VS4 Still in drawings

Anything else you have ideas for let me know and I might add it to the list

Jason

NIkl Scale Models

hummer13
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 9:12:55 PM

Here is the 6 tooth skeleton bucket for 870

4 tooth bucket

Side by side comparison

Jason

NIkl Scale Models

DeWoc19
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 10:37:32 PM

Hows about my dream for a LTL 2600 Whistle
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 3:18:58 AM

Jason, great looking updates and I'm very glad you're back into model work again. :D

Take care and Happy New Year!

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
HCF
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 4:43:03 AM

Those skeleton buckets are amazing.

-Jason
YouTube
Timberline Thinning Company
My Photostream

Remko
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 7:43:49 AM

Looks great Jason!

Even though I already have a skeleton bucket for the Hitachi I'll definately get those as well!

The Gjerstadt side dumpbucket for the Cat 988 should fit the Liebherr L586 as well I think, seeing both loaders are in the same size class.

Remko

Ocean Traders Scale Models Facebook Group
HCF
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 8:06:30 AM

Remko wrote:
The Gjerstadt side dumpbucket for the Cat 988 should fit the Liebherr L586 as well I think, seeing both loaders are in the same size class.

I thought the 586 was only about 35 tons where the 988k is around 55 tons. Maybe I'm wrong? If I am then I'll be grabbing one for my L586.

-Jason
YouTube
My Photostream

Remko
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 8:52:55 AM

HCF wrote:
I thought the 586 was only about 35 tons where the 988k is around 55 tons. Maybe I'm wrong? If I am then I'll be grabbing one for my L586.

My bad... I confused the 988 with the 980... d'oh! d'oh!

Remko

HCF
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:30:45 AM

Remko wrote:
HCF wrote:

My bad... I confused the 988 with the 980... d'oh! d'oh!

Ah. It's all good. But now I want a side dump bucket for my liebherr. Lol

-Jason
YouTube
My Photostream

Remko
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:06:51 PM

HCF wrote:
Ah. It's all good. But now I want a side dump bucket for my liebherr. Lol

Me too, but I guess I just have to get a Tonking Cat 988K then... Now if I only had a way of modifying it into a low headroom model... Dancing

I'm also glad you are making another run of your quickcouplers. I still need a few for some other models.

Remko

kokosing Const Co
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 3:23:53 PM

I am not sure if you did Jason, but how about a grapple for the Hitachi 870? It would sure compliment the third member shear and the other demo version. Also how about a couple more buckets or even do the grapple, I have the ME setup from you with the quick coupler, it would make it a bit more useful too.

Also how about a side dump bucket for the CAT 924, I've been wanting one for years...
Remko
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 5:28:48 PM

While we're on the subject, a side dump for the Liebherr L586 would be nice.

As for the skeleton bucket, they look great and I will definately get a few, but here in Europe we use more this kind of design: http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=15717

And how about some more attachments for various sized machines (or just the Hitachi 870 Cool ) from Leading Edge Attachments?
http://www.digrock.com/

If you need more inspiration, just check here: http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewforum.php?f=40

A few of my favorites:

http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=29448
Chain bucket for heavy clay digging. Basically a wide bucket without the back section, but having chains instead. That way the clay won't stick to the inside of the bucket.

http://www.bouwmachineforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6159
Rotary screening bucket.

Last but not least, the Terminator Impact Hammer: http://rocktec.co.nz/77/products/breakers

And if you are making Soilmec vinrators, why not a jib as well so it could be used on an excavator stick. A quick coupler for the Cat 5110B would be nice as well.

Or perhaps some larger concrete crushers for 80 to 150 ton machines?

Remko

Ajax Man
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:15:52 PM

Brush Rake (Like the TD-25 First Gear 1/25 scale dozer) for D6, D7, D8 and D9 size dozers. Not the type you add as an attachment, but the entire blade. Would love to do this and convert older dozers like ARPA D8 or Conrad D9G or CCM D9H/L series dozers. Also make one available for Wheel Loaders and or track loaders too !!!

"THE KILPATRICK ENTERPRISE IS GOING TO JAIL, MIKE DUGGAN IS MAYOR, SYNDER IS GOVERNOR AND IS FIXING MICHIGAN"

AJAX MATERIALS CORPORATION...AJAX PAVING INDUSTRIES....BLACK OR WHITE, WE PAVE MICHIGAN

hummer13
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:05:50 PM

Sounds like there are a few ideas out there, I will see what I can get to. I have tried 3 times to get a side dump made for the 924. They are a hard bucket to build. I do have a grapple for the 870 already. I have to remold and get them out again.
How did I know the LTl 2600 was going to come upSmile If you can get me nice detailed drawings and measuments might speed up that project for you
Thanks for the links Remko I looked at the attachments page last night, and do you know the website for the Sambeek buckets I could not find one
The leading edge buckets I have done a 45 ton high cap bucket. I will check with Lee if he would be interested in me making other sizes and buckets, he sold them direct he did not want a bunch of them produced, copyright thing. I will talk to him at Conexpo and see

I am liking getting back into the flow of things here after starting a new job last year.

Thanks
Jason

NIkl Scale Models

hummer13
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:15:53 PM

Here are a few pics of more new stuff

Skeleton bucket for Volvo 460, this same bucket will be made for the Deere 450, and the Liebherr 954 I just need to make the attachments ears to fit the machine. I am probably getting the Hitachi 470 so I will have a line of buckets for that aswell

NIkl Scale Models

hummer13
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:20:20 PM

Here is the Soilmec VS 8, I have it mounted on the LIbherr 855

Front

Back

Video of model
http://youtu.be/FLNbOpM5muQ

I have not added the hydraulic lines to the unit. Also big question would you guys want the power pack with the vibrator unit or not? without would cost less and I do not have any pics of a soilmec power unit.

Thanks

Jason

NIkl Scale Models

HCF
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 5:57:04 AM

Looks like I need a hitachi 470 after all. That seals the deal. d'oh!

-Jason
YouTube
My Photostream

DeWoc19
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 4:40:44 PM

If its info you want, then its info you shall receive... to the best of my ability
Remko
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 10:28:55 AM

This could also be a very interesting attachment. Especially now more Railroad excavators are appearing in 1/50th scale.

It's the Demarec Railcutter: http://demarec.nl/portal/xu284a4/Rail_Cutter/

Remko

hummer13
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:04:36 AM

Ok been doing quite a bit lately, doing a bunch of stuff at once. I ran into trouble getting the coupler for the norscot 950. , problem is getting it to the way i wanted it and to makeit castable. So thanks to Eric I have a Tonkin 950 and I redesigned the adapter on the forks to fit the coupler that comes with the model.

Next I will have redo the skeleton bucket

Next I made a new bucket for the 5110, should also fit 1100, aswell, I do not have one to test fit
Trevibenne ripper bucket

I am going to start molding after Conexpo, I will update once they are ready. The forks ate ready now if you are interested.

I am also started on a Hitachi 470 bucket line up, so far frost bucket, narrow trench bucket, skeleton bucket so far, all of these will attach with coupler.

Eric and I will have a new attachment for a bunch of models coming out , we are starting to work together on more future products and no it is not thumbs

Jason

NIkl Scale Models