DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

who is awesome at making custom Diecast Trucks Options · View
Bostonian79
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:59:21 PM
Groups: Member

as the title says who is awesome at making custom Diecast Trucks because I am just wondering you guys are the experts at this Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 5:55:12 PM

Bostonian79 wrote:
as the title says who is awesome at making custom Diecast Trucks because I am just wondering you guys are the experts at this Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think Think

Bostonian: Ken Wheeler is my choice. Robert McKenzie is too. But there are many on this Forum. CAW
Bostonian79
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 6:02:52 PM

Ok Quinella what exactly can they do you are the expert
kcmtoys
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 3:51:07 PM

What do you want to know? Here are two, I am still working on the Mack.

100_2105 (1) by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

1st Gear Peterbilt 367 and Tonkin Rackley West Coast Trailer. by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>
Bostonian79
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 5:55:31 PM

kcmtoys there is somethings I want to know who can build them from Scratch and if I wanted my own custom made truck who could do that for me that is if I decided to have one made
kcmtoys
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2021 2:50:10 PM

Bostonian79 wrote:
kcmtoys there is somethings I want to know who can build them from Scratch and if I wanted my own custom made truck who could do that for me that is if I decided to have one made

Like real truck manufacturers, custom model builders use available parts (wheels, tires, fuel tanks, fifth wheel, cab etc). Depending on what you want, there are only a couple that can scratch build a complete truck. The cost would be astronomical. There is a guy in Mexico that 3D Printed a Kenworth tractor in 1/50 scale.
Bostonian79
Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2021 4:59:52 PM

thank you so much kmctoys for that extremely important information in that case it really is not really worth it if it is going to be so expensive again thanks for the info
modelmaniac
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 12:07:14 AM

A lot of people,start with a base model,that has been released for something completely different.Myself,I get 'eight wheel'or,four axle,or twinsteer tippers from the likes of NZG,Conrad,then convert them to U.K. spec,like mudguards on the tip body,easysheet covers,warning labels,liveries,etc.So that might explain the high prices.You basically buy a model,then spend as much on labour,or parts.I don't know of anyone that has literally made any truck/machine,from the ground up.It would probably be impossible!
Bostonian79
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 11:46:00 AM

being told that it would be way to expensive to have a custom truck done from scratch it really is not worth it for me to get one made I have decided to move on from this idea and focus my attention on other things Admin Chuck you can shut this topic down now thanks
dg282755
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 12:33:24 PM

Bostonian,

I think there are a lot of options and cost points to have custom trucks made. It all depends on your imagination and what truck you want. Feel free to reach out in a message.

Also you haven’t actually said what model truck you want.

DG2 Construction Company Facebook Page

Youtube Channel

Photobucket

Bostonian79
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 2:14:48 PM

dg282755 if you happen to read this I was thinking of getting a custom truck made from scratch and I was told that this idea would be way to expensive so I have decided not to do it I have other things I am going to focus on instead so I am as they say moving on
dg282755
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 2:19:56 PM

Bostonian

There are many options out there and many other opinions on social media. Just wanted to help.

DG2 Construction Company Facebook Page

Youtube Channel

Photobucket