DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

WANTED: Haul truck tires for diorama Options · View
Markiss
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 12:25:36 AM
Groups: Member

Hello folks. Long time looker, first time poster.
Wondering if anyone on here knows where I can find some O-scale Cat 797 sized tires for a mining diorama? Either from a supplier or someone that produces them via 3D printer, or elsewhere. If it's a 3D printer option, I have a die cast Michelin tractor trailer with a load of 6 of them,...where I can take one out from and send it off for scanning if needed. Not sure if it can be done without sending one out, or if there's a program for it. Either way, I'm looking for around 15-20 tires.
Thanks in advance for any help
hipo old tech
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 2:23:58 AM

While I recommend asking our host first, if that is not successful you may wish to check eBay. Using CATERPILLAR NZG CAT 797 TIRES for replacements/trailer load 1:50 leads to one source.

Hope this is helpful.
Markiss
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2020 3:05:02 PM

Ha....right under my nose. I usually check eBay and other suppliers, and have been asking around to the model suppliers for a couple years now. I thought CCM would be able to hook me up being that they're involved with getting models commissioned I do believe. But was told their manufacturers would be the ones to contact but then they'd more than likely want me to buy a bulk load. Figured it may be easier to get some done with a 3D printer. Not sure if anyone on here dabbles in that sort of tech or not, or knows of someone.
I'll see what I can get figured out with these eBay listings from this seller to start with. Thanks for the heads up hipo
wheels77
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2020 10:02:42 PM

Iconic Replicas from Australia do 40' open top containers with 6 Bridgestone mining tyres inside as a load for trailers and dioramas. Not sure if DHS stock them but they have there own website if can't find them on DHS.
Markiss
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2020 4:47:23 PM

Right on, thanks for the tip wheels77. Just looked them up. And shopping in Australia is a better currency conversion rate for me in Canada too.