DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

CCM Caterpillar PR660 with Athey Options · View
draglinefan
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 8:15:32 PM

Groups: Member

Has anybody the CCM model Cat PR660 with Athey bought and what do jou think about it .
Weserhutte
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:01:35 PM

I purchased one, but returned it to the dealer after opening it.

It is a big disappointment in my opinion! The "hydraulic cylinders" for the dump bed are nothing more than poorly cast and painted rigid struts, so you can only display the model with the dump bed completely down or completely up!!

NZG produced functional cylinders for the PR621 back in the 1970s and 40 years later CCM cannot?

And I must not forget to mention the sloppy paint "touch-ups" and fingerprints in the paint which seem to be common on recent CCM diecast models.

Crazy797
Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2019 11:00:23 PM

Yep, I'm also disappointed by CCM, the models are really not that functionnal at all, bought 2 D8K and the blades don't touch the ground at all !!! Too expensive to ship them back, thinking of not buying CCM models anymore, my money can purchase some better models for sure !!!

d'oh! Shame on you Confused Think Sad
draglinefan
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 10:19:58 AM

draglinefan
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 10:23:42 AM

Claus
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 12:37:49 PM

I don't have a dog in this fight but the model looks great in all the photos I have seen (in my opinion). I understand when you pay a high price you expect a lot but as for the hydraulic cylinders not functioning, I'm sure most models will be displayed with the bed all the way up or all the way down. To me the unfortunate thing about the non functioning cylinders would be they are not plumbed, I think that is a bigger issue than the fact they do not function.

As for the D8Ks blade not going low enough to hit the ground or into the cut that does seem sad.
BIG CHRIS
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 2:59:38 PM

I've had problems with all the recent ccm releases. D8k had rams so loose they wouldn't hold, rediculous pins to hold the angle blade that are not fit for purpose, handrails bent and snapped, paint ri s and very poor colours match.
D9G was a disaster, all cabin controls snapped off and loose in box, blade cinder sized and on the verge of snapping, paint quality a joke, snapped handrails and snapped track, this must have left the factory like this as the imprint in the polystyrene was going up the side of the tray.
I brought this to the attention of ccm who were sorry to here it and blamed the courier. I also complained about the growing use of plastic to be td they were going to continue to use it as it saves costs.
Was a big fan of ccm but think I'm done with them now.
brian falcone
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2019 9:32:09 PM

I always felt I got ripped off with my ccm 988 loader. Bent railings. Crappy paint and some parts not even painted at all. Sold it a few years back. I wanted to buy others but this just justifies my decision not to do so. For what the model costs I'd expect better. Hell...even Joal had telescopic cylinders on their 1/70 athely dump. The fact that first gear produced high end models in a much larger scale for a much lower price let's me rest easy knowing I dont own any ccm models.
maxcavator
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2019 12:14:08 AM

I am in the same boat, and I am doing something about it. I cancelled the 3 orders I had for the upcoming 375.

As long as they keep selling out, they'll keep selling overpriced crappy models.
Dex
Posted: Monday, December 02, 2019 6:00:22 PM

maxcavator wrote:

As long as they keep selling out, they'll keep selling overpriced crappy models.

Lately, they haven't been selling out. Aside from the A-blade D8k all of their last few releases are still available.

There are also hordes of marked up models on eBay. I watch a lot of them for curiosity sake, and they don't move.

CCM is unfortunately having QC issues with their diecasters and assemblers, and its trickling down. Hopefully they get it sorted out. I absolutely love my 834 and 992c.
Claus
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 3:45:44 AM

Dex wrote:
maxcavator wrote:

Lately, they haven't been selling out. Aside from the A-blade D8k all of their last few releases are still available.

There are also hordes of marked up models on eBay. I watch a lot of them for curiosity sake, and they don't move.

CCM is unfortunately having QC issues with their diecasters and assemblers, and its trickling down. Hopefully they get it sorted out. I absolutely love my 834 and 992c.

Isn't if funny how the D8K with the A blade/winch and ROPS is the most popular but in 1:1 by no means the most common version?
Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 3:29:04 PM

Craig I believe the VHD is the most common version in 1:1 and I think The Old Man and Ken agree with me.
Steve
codydanos
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2019 12:07:07 PM

https://ccmodels.com/just-in-first-cat-d11n-samples-have-arrived/

They got the sample d11s In. Looks like they also have the 375s shipping out.
sd90
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2019 7:13:59 AM

Hi All
I agree with all the comments above ,I have collected ccm models for along time.
The PRR 660 is a disapointment with the Rams not being machined a quick fix
by the looks off it ,surprised Cat as not said anything
The last two Dozer I bought from diecast Masters leave CCM for 💀 .
The D8k was also lacking in finish with the crappie pins to change the blade angle
Wake up CCM you will lose valuable customers.