DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Need Some Help/Advice - Trying to Restore a Conrad LR 1280 Options · View
Don L
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 12:17:08 AM
Groups: Member

I am restoring an old LR 1280 and what I thought would be the easiest part of the project has become the most daunting.

Just thought I would check to see if anyone might have or could point towards some LR 1280 CWs. In several months I have accumulated several CWs but I still need 2 right side (Part BR) CWs.

I have checked with all the enthusiasts I know, and I even checked at DHS Open House to see if they had some laying around. Negative.

Conrad has now changed their policy and won't sell parts (except for new cranes purchased with a dealer invoice) so that option is gone.

Looks like I am probably going to have to go the resin casting route, but just thought I'd ask the DHS experts if you know of any that might be out there (i.e. maybe someone having spare parts or a junker crane).

Right now I am not really hopefull, but thought I would ask. IM me if you know of a source I might try or by chance if you have a couple of CWs you would part with.

Much thanks.

Don
wildpig1234
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 4:15:22 AM

what sort of restoration are you trying to do? depend on how much restore or repair needed, might just be easier (and might be cheaper (factoring in your time and effort and not just the raw price)) to get another one.
Don L
Posted: Friday, November 15, 2019 6:23:04 PM

wildpig1234 wrote:
what sort of restoration are you trying to do? depend on how much restore or repair needed, might just be easier (and might be cheaper (factoring in your time and effort and not just the raw price)) to get another one.

It was just missing parts. I have replaced everything now (so it is all ready to go) with the exception of these last 2 small parts/CWs.

It is a Mammoet livery so it definitely won't be cheaper to replace the entire crane. I am just going to re-paint whatever CWs I can get my hands on.

What I really need is to find someone that has a seriously damaged LR 1280 that would be interested in selling off the parts.

Take care

Don