Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

CCM Caterpillar 375L Announced Options · View
cat20
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 10:32:32 PM
Groups: Member

Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2018 11:46:56 PM

That should be a nice model, but will ruin the price on my Joal 375s. Oh well.
Steve
Claus
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2018 12:04:48 AM

Seems like CCM has a lot of irons in the fire.
JohnGalt
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 2:15:38 PM

The mass excavation version will definitely vary from the computer drawing.
Dex
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 10:28:51 PM

CCM has release the prototype of this.

At first they look really great, then I started to notices some things that looked off, then I read the comments and appears I'm not the only one who sees the issues with the accuracy of detail.

Things that myself and others have noticed:

- 375L ME boom, bucket, and stick are borrowed from the 390D.
- Lights on on all booms are incorrectly positions.
- 375L Reach boom is from the 385C.
- Cabs on all models are geometrically incorrect. The cab appears to be a Belgium sourced style cab, but the roof panel is one solid piece, the back side triangle window is too far back, leaving a thick panel between it and the door. The top of the cab is squared off above this window where it should be round. the front window should be a 50/50 split (Belgium), and the top line of the cab is painted black. Skylight is too small.

There's probably more stuff, but I stopped reading.

I fully understand that these are not the production models. Does CCM actually listen to the future customers when they point out the inaccuracies? I know, this sounds like a lot of complaining, but these aren't cheap models, and the MSRP definitely warrants better attention to detail. In their current form, they are not worth $259.00

Link to CCM's page: CCM 375L Prototypes
WCollins
Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 11:14:15 PM

Dex wrote:
I fully understand that these are not the production models. Does CCM actually listen to the future customers when they point out the inaccuracies?

CCM does listen to customers when they point out inaccuracies on their prototypes and have redone parts in the past. For example the 777/776's cabs were redone twice to accurately model the prototype. Also the 992C's bucket was redone. (992C Bucket Revision)

All that being said whether or not the inaccuracies will be corrected on the 375's in anyone's guess. Since we're not privy to how far along the model is in production. If it's still early enough it's very likely some if not all of the inaccuracies could be corrected, but if the molds have already been machined it might be too late to make any corrections.

-William
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Miniature Construction Models
3406E
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 12:49:22 AM

Claus wrote:

The quality of their models seems to be suffering because of it. I've decided I won't be preordering anymore of their models. I'll wait until there are some reviews from collectors on the finished product before deciding.

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton
cat955k
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:42:38 PM

be a pity historical and well known machines
not be well finished I hope that ccm correct those mistakes
I have observed the cat D8K it seems to me that the cylinders of the blade seems to be very thick, I just wish that the cat 375 is well finished and without excess of glue on the side railings
maxcavator
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2019 6:04:27 PM

3406E wrote:
Claus wrote:

The quality of their models seems to be suffering because of it. I've decided I won't be preordering anymore of their models. I'll wait until there are some reviews from collectors on the finished product before deciding.

Add me to the list. I am no longer ordering without seeing what they made first.
Super disappointed with the assembly quality of the last two excavator models I got from them.
They let the glue gun run wild...
Paul R
Posted: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 1:56:01 PM

Does anyone have the 375L ME in hand yet? I see they are now shipping.

Paul R
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2020 4:00:26 AM

Paul R wrote:

Paul R

Not yet but people have received theirs at the beginning on January.
Weserhutte
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 12:24:30 PM

Paul R wrote:

Paul R

There are a few posts on European forums noting that the boom, stick, bucket, and undercarriage are the exact same castings as used for the 390 D L ME and the collectors are not happy about that.

BIG CHRIS
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 6:07:43 AM

Got mine, while it does look good on the shelf I'd say the detail is well below standard fot the money.
Not a single photo etched part, the grills are decals and the walkways are solid. The bucket doesn't curl in far enough and the extending tracks are flimsy.
Don't know why I keep getting sucked in to buying ccm as the models they produce now are far inferior to older releases.
That said I'll probably get the 6030 but only because no one else is producing one.
Paul R
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 7:22:40 AM

Thanks Chris. You’ve pretty much made up my mind. ME version is what interested me both as a model in its own right but also as a load for one of my trucks. I’ll be sticking with DM for now!

Paul R
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 1:53:43 PM

I’ve got 9 CCM models in total, and I don’t have problems with any of them. I’m surprised with all the members who have problems. It is sad to hear that the quality is going downhill and I hope that CCM pays attention on the forum and recktiifys the problems that are mentioned because they do sell for good money.
Steve
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2020 3:02:40 PM

Hi Steve,

I have three CCMs and the only thing I can complain about is that my rip blade D9G is missing two track rollers. Second from front on both sides. I have asked two hobby friends and their D9Gs have exact the same flaw. It's still OK since you don't see it, just a little disappointing. My 988 log loader and the HO scale D11R are perfect.

Cheers,
Max
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2020 12:44:08 AM

Max my D9H and 8K are perfect and I know a lot of people have had problems with theirs. I believe they have every right to be upset also especially with the cost of them. The 9G is the newer version and it seems they have more problems with all the newer models they are releasing, again I hope they are paying attention to the forum and like The Q says step up the Quality Control because word of mouth spreads quickly.
Steve
3406E
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2020 3:44:09 AM

My D8K arrived without an issue. My problem with it is the overall quality, it does not look like a $260 model. I felt the same way with the 349E which is why I decided to sell it. Compare CCMs cat models from 10-12 years ago to the models that Norscot was producing at the time and there was a big difference in the two that justified the big price difference. Compare CCMs new releases to DMs new releases and the difference is not near as big and yet the price difference is still about the same.

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton