DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

The Land Clearers Jungle Cat (former Fiat Allis 41 Color Code) Options · View
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 5:46:37 AM
Groups: Member

Steve, scratching my head about that, too. Its just pipes and sheet metal and some screen, but a lot of it. When you come close, youll see that the screen is made of 1/2 " thick wire mash. Id guess the canopy wey about ~ 2.5 tons? I like all the doors and cover you can open for maintainance, everything looks well thought up and like clean built.

Regarding the specs 21-31-41, I say jackpot, was curious about comparing these three tractors for a long time. Thanks mate.

Blessed weekend to yall
Max
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 10:39:16 PM

Max no problem, did they all come thru alright.
Steve
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 10:35:54 AM

They did. And Im blast away by handrendered illustrations like the HD41 cutaway. Man, there really was a time when they paid an highly qualified illustrator to get a sales catalogue done. Thanks Steve, will enjoy reading these!

Love to do illustrations by myself, before starting operating equipment, I made my living as an Industrial Designer. Here is a D9E with Kelley ripper, canary cage and Rome Plow KG blade. Have never seen a D9 equipped like this, but Im convinced you can clear a considerable amount of trees per day. Either you leave the stumps in the ground, or you use the Kelley to pull stumps. No dirt work on the KG blade Shame on you

D9E FCGH frame by FatCatGotHot

Have a good start into the new week
Max
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 5:13:34 PM

Max did you do that illustration of the D9?
Steve
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 9:52:42 AM

Hi Steve,

yeah. But I decided to leave Industrial Design and work on books for children. My actual project is about a quarry shovel.

The Mighty Menck EN

The mighty MENCK EN 001 framed by FatCatGotHot

Here is an album with some of my drawings Illustrations by Max Scholz on Flickr

Cheers
Max
Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 8:32:07 PM

Max that is great, good for you. I still have my Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel from over 40 years ago. It is nice to see children’s books geared towards construction. Please let me know when your book is completed, I would be happy to buy one from you. It seems like it will be loaded with pictures, so I will absolutely have to buy a second one for The Q.
Thanks for that information, and your illustrations are very good, love that Cat dragster.
Steve
kcmtoys
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2019 11:30:33 AM

Here is a picture I found of a HD 31 brush dozer. Almost seems like it would be too heavy for brush work.Think

HD31 brush dozer by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

Model Albums: https://www.facebook.com/Kcmtoys-904904696294223/
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 3:06:05 PM

Hi Ken,

I've just browsed through your photos on facebook. Man, I love your customs, especially the 977 with demo poker pole and the 988A snow plow. Ken, since I'm going to publish an article about land clearing tractors - can I include your D6T with HOLT equipment? That would be sumpthin!

But now back to my custom - here we go:

CCM D9g Conrad D9 HD41 (9) by FatCatGotHot

At least some progress. You dont see solder joints coming loose, the cage breaking apart in the middle (2 times) and burnt fingers. It was fun!

Cheers,

Max
kcmtoys
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 1:26:20 PM

Mr. Scholz wrote:
Hi Ken,

I've just browsed through your photos on facebook. Man, I love your customs, especially the 977 with demo poker pole and the 988A snow plow. Ken, since I'm going to publish an article about land clearing tractors - can I include your D6T with HOLT equipment? That would be sumpthin!

But now back to my custom - here we go:

CCM D9g Conrad D9 HD41 (9) by FatCatGotHot

At least some progress. You dont see solder joints coming loose, the cage breaking apart in the middle (2 times) and burnt fingers. It was fun!

Cheers,

Max

Thank you for the compliments Max, I appreciate them. Please, feel free to use any of the pictures. Ken

Model Albums: https://www.facebook.com/Kcmtoys-904904696294223/