Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Caterpillar 994K announcement Options · View
JoeE
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:44:26 AM

Groups: Member

CarlBrutanananadilewski wrote:
She got a bigger butt

Teeth
I can only imagine the mass of stainless pipes and tubing under that hood. I would guess the big ass is for new emmisions regeneration system probably.
The new 966K 349, and 336 we had huge bodies compared to the years before.

We rally round the family, with a pocket full of shells.....
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 1:06:47 PM

Here's a couple more videos on the inner workings of the Cat 994K. Also check out the posting on the first page of the Roll Out of the 994K . Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuK3v5_LsTk Production

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w8D73WzHOs Serviceability

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZQohplImXo Safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CuCxgkI3UM Operator cab

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 4:44:32 AM

Here's a larger photo of the Caterpillar 994K at Tucson Proving Grounds . Photo is not mine,found on net.

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

Gavin84w
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:01:50 AM

She aint downunder, thats Tucson Proving Grounds there
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:13:48 AM

Gavin84w wrote:
She aint downunder, thats Tucson Proving Grounds there

Thank you Gavin.

-Unknown

FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:28:51 AM

Warren Caterpillar.

-Unknown

mminner
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2019 10:15:22 PM

Not to comment on something old...wow time flies, I can't believe this post was from almost 4 years ago. BUT I was just talking about the 994K with a new colleague and was looking for some pictures and came across this post and had a couple things to add, so please forgive me for going back in time on this one...

Regarding the MUCH larger back end on the 994K - from my understanding there are two primary drivers there - increased cooling capacity (i.e. larger radiator) and improved serviceability. (more roomy engine compartment and better access) Not only is the 994K much larger by 20-30%+ depending how you slice it, but the cooling system has long been a big weakness of the 994, so a big need for more cooling even before you consider the higher performance on the K model. On the access side, you as one of the videos shows, now you can actually go down in a pump bay beneath the rear platform to access hydraulic pump maintenance points.

Also, if you're interested, the stock photos posted last (and most photos you see in Cat specalogs) are from a machine at Cripple Creek, a gold mine outside of Colorado Springs behind Pikes Peak.

Matt