DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

WCollins's Model Truck & Equipment Fleet Options · View
WCollins
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2019 11:15:17 PM

Groups: Member

JTL wrote:
I worked for a company that had a Petercar water truck that looked just like yours! It came out of California and was an ex Granite Construction rig, so it was green. It had a little two or three cylinder a Diesel engine mounted on the frame side behind the cab to run the tank; no PTO. You started it in the cab with a push button mounted on the spray valve control pod.

We have quite a few water trucks set up that way over here, a lot of the guys over here like to set them up with the little 3 cyl. Deutz air cooled diesels.

rlmc wrote:
William, thanks for posting photos of some great trucks. I'm also impressed by your sketches in your other post. Robert

Thanks!

And now another installment of the CPC fleet.

Here’s one of the trucks assigned to the precast fleet. The 367 is just like the others so no explanation is needed. The trailer came off of the mid 2000’s Bobcat semi set.

The Ameron 78” x 120” concrete precast pipe load is just made from Cantex PVC electrical couplings painted a flat concrete grey with “pre NOV” Ameron decals added.

Next here’s one of the few colored trucks in the fleet. This one belongs to a sister company of CPC, Pacific Machinery. Pacific Machinery is a equipment dealer chain with 5 locations distributing Caterpillar and other allied brands.

The 367 is pretty much the same as the other CPC fleet 367’s having the same modifications done to it and having Pacific Machinery branding added. Here it is hauling a rebuilt Caterpillar 966D.

And lastly one for the cookie guys, our only crane (for now). A Terex-Demag AC200-1 by NZG. This crane even though is part of the CPC fleet it’s branded for Pacific Crane Service a branch of CPC dedicated for heavy haulage, rigging, and crane hire services. Since we can’t keep those kinds of equipment busy all the time on our own jobs we offer these services to other construction companies.

The crane started out off as the standard Terex AC200-1 (NZG 730). I removed the large “Terex” logo on the boom, painted the wheels and added the PCS, CPC, and other decals and striping.

Yes I know those aren't crane spreader plates.

-William
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Miniature Construction Models
kcmtoys
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2019 2:25:11 PM

Very nice William. I like the concrete pipe load, great job.Applause Ken

Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2019 5:30:21 PM

William like Ken said great job on the pipe load. Any intention of making a Pipemaster unloader for the back of your trailer, that would look pretty cool. It is a quick and easy way to unload concrete pipe. We use a lot of RCP up here in New England and you see those Pipemasters on a lot of the trailers which haul the RCP. Plus we never had to free up a machine to unload the pipe.
Steve
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2019 11:07:31 PM

William: I have been using those flatbeds for 20 years or so. They are great quality and detail for the money. I like what you did with the concrete pipes. Corgi makes a KW with pipes but it's kinda hokey. I have my flatbed paired with the new IH HX520. They go great together. Like your fleet. On your dump trailer put some cheater boards up for maintenance. Love the flaps with chains. great job. CAW.

Steve, have you got a picture of a Pipemaster?
Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2019 2:59:38 PM

Quinella, Ken to the rescue once again. It s a very simple design set up, but a great idea, and the pipe is set down like it was on a bed of air. Most of the drivers would carry 2-4x4’s bolted together on the sides about 3’ long and then place them under the far axle and back up on them where they were off loading the RCP, not much in height but the pipe would then roll down to the Pipemaster on its own because of the weight of the RCP. Like I said simple design but saves a lot of time and money for both pipe manufacturers and site contractors.
Steve

Ken thanks for posting pictures and video on the other post.
Steve
Cat345bl
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 10:25:20 PM

Nice fleet you got there Bill, like the traffic control trucks the most due to how realistic they look. If you are afraid of getting your models dirty in a dio, how about doing a construction yard dio. Can have the HQ with features 3-6 garage bay shop, office space, yard parking for trucks, equipment, and maybe a lay down yard across the street for storing pipes, jersey barriers, and other building materials?

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 09/21/23