DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

My small collection in models 1:50 - Komatsu D355A RRmodels!!! Options · View
frusso
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2018 6:20:35 AM

Groups: Member

Quinella wrote:
Felipe: Have you ever told us what you do for a living? Do you buy your models online or is there a shop near you? Oh, and thank you for the PM regarding Steve. He is indeed weird. Craig

Craig, good morning!
I am a civil engineer. I worked for many years in mining companies in Brazil, with open pit mines, waste dumps and Tailing Dams. I am currently a federation professor and teach geotechnical engineering. I continue to work with mining companies through contracts with my university of work.

I have been collecting models for decades. I bought many in Brazil and many outside Brazil years ago. I currently do more model exchanges with friends from the USA and Europe, especially the models I made.

I do not have the money to buy more models, but I sold all my Mammoet heavy load collection and part of Sarens and with this money I traded for mining and earthmoving models. I continue to receive some models of exchange, but they will be over soon, and my collection will freeze unless I trade more models than I do for others from outside the country.
frusso
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2018 6:22:19 AM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Felipe the last time we talked you said you were going to tell Quinella I was very weird.
Steve

I'm much more weird than you Steve!

We just waiting the rain stop to paint the rollers and show you the final model!
frusso
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2018 6:25:05 AM

kcmtoys wrote:
frusso wrote:
Finaly back at home!

Here is the CAB that I would like to put in my dozer!

IMG-20180329-WA0116 by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

I was reading somewhere why the blade had to be this narrow. I believe it had to do with environmental issues, does anybody know or have more pictures?Think Ken

It's a old push blade Ken.

P_20180512_071314_vHDR_Auto by Felipe Russo, no Flickr
frusso
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2018 7:04:10 AM

Caterpillar DD9H CCM

IMG_20170801_161207 by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

IMG_20170801_161157 by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

IMG_20170801_161140 by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2018 1:22:32 PM

Felipe your obviously very smart (why do you let people know you associate with Quinella?) , I now know why your customs are spot on because you have hands on knowledge of what your building. Be careful what you tell Quinella, now that he knows you are a geotechnical engineer he will have days of questions for you on how he can find gold in his back yard. He also said he wanted to vacation over in Brazil, so when the door bell rings ask who is there before you open your front door or you may have one of those guests who never leaves also heard he eats like he is going to the electric chair.
Those DD9H’s are great looking models, thanks for the pictures, also can’t wait to get one of those rollers behind my TD25.
Steve
kcmtoys
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2018 5:01:25 PM

frusso wrote:
kcmtoys wrote:
[quote=frusso]Finaly back at home!

Here is the CAB that I would like to put in my dozer!

IMG-20180329-WA0116 by Felipe Russo, no Flickr

I was reading somewhere why the blade had to be this narrow. I believe it had to do with environmental issues, does anybody know or have more pictures?Think Ken

It's a old push blade Ken.

Thanks frusso, I guess that must have been what I was reading about. Ken

frusso
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 12:07:14 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Felipe your obviously very smart (why do you let people know you associate with Quinella?) , I now know why your customs are spot on because you have hands on knowledge of what your building. Be careful what you tell Quinella, now that he knows you are a geotechnical engineer he will have days of questions for you on how he can find gold in his back yard. He also said he wanted to vacation over in Brazil, so when the door bell rings ask who is there before you open your front door or you may have one of those guests who never leaves also heard he eats like he is going to the electric chair.
Those DD9H’s are great looking models, thanks for the pictures, also can’t wait to get one of those rollers behind my TD25.
Steve

Dear Steve! You and Quinella are very welcome at my home! It's very small but will be a pleasure have both of you here with me one day!
If any of you need help I will try to help! Find gold would be nice, but I think his gold are in his model collection for sure!
draglinefan
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 2:51:01 PM

kcmtoys
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 5:32:35 PM

Very nice picture, thanks for posting.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 12:51:21 AM

Felipe thanks for the invitation, same goes for me if you ever come over to the US I’d be glad to have you here. Just bring some of those gems you customized because I would give anything to see those in person.
Thanks
Steve
frusso
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 6:45:25 AM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Felipe thanks for the invitation, same goes for me if you ever come over to the US I’d be glad to have you here. Just bring some of those gems you customized because I would give anything to see those in person.
Thanks
Steve

I'm crazy to go to USA and meet all of you! If I go you will see many of my models for sure!
frusso
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 7:07:53 AM

frusso
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2018 7:29:30 AM

I will post pics soon! 6090FS? Maybe...
frusso
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2018 1:31:40 PM

Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2018 1:40:11 PM

Felipe when buying your new home make sure that it has a room that is big enough so that you can dedicate to this 6090F to when you build a diorama for it. Great looking model, do you have any modifications planed for this beast? Also how about some shots of that wall behind the 6090F, it seems like your keeping some models from us junkies over here in the USA. I also noticed your a fan of the Volvo’s, see Quinella I’m not the only one who likes a quality rig.
Steve
frusso
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2018 6:42:59 AM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Felipe when buying your new home make sure that it has a room that is big enough so that you can dedicate to this 6090F to when you build a diorama for it. Great looking model, do you have any modifications planed for this beast? Also how about some shots of that wall behind the 6090F, it seems like your keeping some models from us junkies over here in the USA. I also noticed your a fan of the Volvo’s, see Quinella I’m not the only one who likes a quality rig.
Steve

Dear steve, if I buy a big house I wil have to contact you for diorama classes!

I love some old Volvo trucks. I'm waiting the D9s arrives to me to make a video with all my models together!
frusso
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2018 6:45:59 AM

Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2018 5:24:25 PM

Felipe a video would be nice of your whole collection good idea. You should have Quinella narrate it for you, he is a comedian and would add to the people’s viewing pleasure. Only problem is he has that heavy Southern Drawl (or it might be that he hits that bottle of clear liquid he makes in the woods behind his townhouse) and no one will be able to understand him.
I will look forward to your video.
Steve
frusso
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 6:07:47 AM

frusso
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2018 8:40:12 AM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Felipe a video would be nice of your whole collection good idea. You should have Quinella narrate it for you, he is a comedian and would add to the people’s viewing pleasure. Only problem is he has that heavy Southern Drawl (or it might be that he hits that bottle of clear liquid he makes in the woods behind his townhouse) and no one will be able to understand him.
I will look forward to your video.
Steve

I will try do it! I will keep in silence, so each one can do your narrate! Teeth Teeth Teeth Teeth