DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Deal of a lifetime Options · View
Quinella
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 1:56:35 PM

Groups: Member

Here's a chance to get a different paint job for three times the money.. I do understand limited editions, but I sure don't just collect them and nothing else. I think a solid red, black, silver would be better.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WSI-02-2209-MACK-F700-6X4-T-I-A-COWBOY-CLUB-1-50-NEW-IN-BOX-EXTREMELY-RARE/173668736337?hash=item286f769d51:g:3AEAAOSwGUpb9jhD
George Hiram
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 3:09:48 PM

SPEND SOME OF THAT MOLDY OLD CASH YOU HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SELL AND BUY THIS MODEL.YOU KNOW YOU LIKE CABOVERS
kcmtoys
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 4:16:08 PM

After a little research, it appears that this TIA is a trucking association around the Netherlands area. Lord only knows what the "Cowboy Club" is. I would say that the TIA did a small run of the Mack 700 F. It has a few different features that the other WSI 700's came with. Again, another European version of the Mack 700 F.Think d'oh!

Here is a picture I found...

cowboy club by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

Quinella
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 4:31:15 PM

George Hiram, you took most of my money years ago. I'm lucky to have a TV dinner left in the freezer. Besides, who knew there were cowboys in the Netherlands. I do like those in the picture though. I bought one WSI Mack F700 and that will be it. Waiting on a couple of Technos. But still love my Conrad Freightliners and Corgi Transtars. CAW
Claus
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 4:36:13 PM

Looks more like the T'nA Association to me.

George Hiram
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 9:49:49 PM

Always liked to play cowboy
Quinella
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2018 11:12:04 PM

Is that Dale Evans on the left? I'd like to play Roy Rogers with her!!! Where the heck is Trigger when you need him? CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2018 1:26:58 AM

Old Timer you had better explain some of those names you are dropping to us much younger folk. We were not around when radio was the only form of entertainment. You must have your Freightliner models on the same shelf as your covered wagon models which are next to your black and white RCA TV with no remote. You will buy that model because you spend money like you hate it, but mainly because that seller is your go to guy and you can’t resist the way he describes his last one and very rare models that just came out of storage.
The Duke
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2018 12:44:24 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Old Timer you had better explain some of those names you are dropping to us much younger folk. We were not around when radio was the only form of entertainment. You must have your Freightliner models on the same shelf as your covered wagon models which are next to your black and white RCA TV with no remote. You will buy that model because you spend money like you hate it, but mainly because that seller is your go to guy and you can’t resist the way he describes his last one and very rare models that just came out of storage.
The Duke

Are you the Duke of Earl?
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2018 2:40:49 PM

Old Timer I am whoever you want me to be. As for you ever hooking up with Dale Evans, well let me tell you this you couldn’t get lucky in a women’s prison if you had a fist full of pardons.
As I walk through this world no one can pass me because I am The Duke of RI
maxcavator
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2018 6:20:52 PM

You can also buy a plain old regular NZG Liebherr R916 advanced from this seller for about 2X the going rate because of some non-existent "rare edition"

Miss informed buyers beware.

Quinella
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2018 6:41:32 PM

maxcavator wrote:
You can also buy a plain old regular NZG Liebherr R916 advanced from this seller for about 2X the going rate because of some non-existent "rare edition"

Miss informed buyers beware.

But wait, he's a third generation collector. Everything comes out of storage, even new items just released. Lots of funny bidding too on plain items. He calls the straight step version of the PS500 the "rare edition". I think he and that Rhode Island guy are brothers. CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2018 11:40:18 PM

Old Timer he gets over 15 bidders every time something of his goes up for sale, and even other sellers with the same exact item for less money are lucky to get 3 or 4 bidders. He must be really well known on eBay, and I believe he uses a townhouse in NC as his warehouse probably has connections there. Also after his items sell for big money with 29 bidders, three weeks later the same item is back on eBay and the same thing happens. Like maxcavator stated, miss informed buyers beware. I believe buyers are starting to figure him out and alert buyers stay away from the get go.
By the way Old Timer my dad sold pharmaceuticals and never built a bridge.
Clark Griswald
maxcavator
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2018 11:51:24 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Old Timer he gets over 15 bidders every time something of his goes up for sale, and even other sellers with the same exact item for less money are lucky to get 3 or 4 bidders.
Clark Griswald

That's because he uses ebay to its full potential. His auctions start at 99c and he is able to hook a lot more bidders that way than if he had started the bidding at $50.
It's the best way to sell on ebay, but few people do it.
Quinella
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 12:07:47 AM

maxcavator wrote:
Exkvate3140 wrote:
Old Timer he gets over 15 bidders every time something of his goes up for sale, and even other sellers with the same exact item for less money are lucky to get 3 or 4 bidders.
Clark Griswald

That's because he uses ebay to its full potential. His auctions start at 99c and he is able to hook a lot more bidders that way than if he had started the bidding at $50.
It's the best way to sell on ebay, but few people do it.

Not for me. I'm been burned way too many times doing it that way. I go for "Buy it Now" with "Make an Offer". If the bid doesn't get high enough, I don't have to sell. Everyone is looking for a bargain basement deal. I get the most ridiculous offers too. One guy offered me $30.00 on a $90.00 item. He said "He was sorry but that was all he had". I looked at his feedback and he had purchased 10 items so far that month. So I told him to save up his money. Many bidders have asked me to give them items. I'm not lying. They are usually young kids. Unless I just don't want something that I own, I will not give it away for nothing. If I give something away, it's always to a friend. CAW
maxcavator
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 12:46:14 AM

He has had 404 sales in 3 months. It seems to work for him.
Quinella
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 1:31:23 AM

Max: Many of those sales are in accessories, such as loads for trains or trucks. Now, let's say that a seller usually averages 175 items for sale at any given time. What percentage of those items will sell in any given month? 30%, 50%, 70%????. Now he recently started selling items beginning at .99$. Before that, he was selling at retail plus, to cover his Ebay fees. He was selling a bunch then too. Now let's take another seller, say "gamushang". He is a long time seller in our category. He averages about 700 to 800 items for sale at any given time. But he only sells about 30 to 40 per month. Why? He sells accessories too. He sells in our category and the train category. He sells at Buy it Now plus FREE shipping. He's reputable. Another seller is "blackforesthobby". He has thousands for sale at any given time. He doesn't sell as many(as a percentage of total items available) as this seller. There are many other sellers I could name. Even cat5130 doesn't sell as many, or "trainz", as a percentage of total available. Butch (bulldog20__2 doesn't either. So what is it? He sells many accessories. He doesn't have the inventory of regular diecasts as most other sellers in our category. Read what exkvate says. He watches him all the time. Another thing is his sales of those "Roadtec" items. He sells them for three times their value. Everyone knows how to buy them cheaply. I am not saying anything bad, just that it looks funny. When I was "King of the Jungle" back in the early 2000s, I sold about 40% of anything I put up. That quickly changed as competitors came along. In order to sell such a high percentage of items available, you have to give them away, or have a marketing plan like no one else. Back in 2001, I found a niche and did very well. Then two guys started copying me and that was the end of my domination. So you try and figure out how he does it. He ain't as handsome as exkvate!!!! CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2018 12:02:50 PM

Quinella the ONLY one who can compete against me in looks is you. Max he is correct when he says if he gives something away it is to friends, I have first hand knowledge of this. He also knows ebay inside and out he helped me with a sale and everything he told me was correct and my model sold for a very good price, me being handsome played a small part also, like he stated in his post.
Also if you do need information about selling and go to Quinella his hourly rates are reasonable.
In all seriousness though this seller of the Mack does not seem up to par, and when he goes to his storage to get items to sell he must have a golf cart to make good time because it must be bigger than a WalMart distribution center, and it must be alarmed because every item in there is rare. He had a “rare” PS 500 roller with vertical steps (in his mind) that he said he never saw one sell for under $250.00. The third time he put it up for sale it finally sold for $80.00, reason being it was not rare. So I would imagine he sells to many customers who are not familiar with the hobby but need gifts for people who like trucks and construction equipment.
For the people who say prices on diecast have tapered off, that is the reason for the $80.00 price on the rare PS500 look at the rare red D8 Arpra model that sold for$355.00 reason being because it is rare.
Steve
Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2018 3:11:35 PM

Price is dropping, Holiday (Christmas) sale or is the public getting wise. He is very lucky to own five of those “extremely rare models”.
WAC