DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Trojan 6000 loader taking shape........... Options · View
max
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:48:14 AM
Groups: Member

All right!!
So after 2 and a half years without being able to work on my scale models, i manage to get back at it(we did major rénovations on the house so, i had no time and nowhere to customize)
You guys -the folks that have been on this site for some time anyway-saw the beggining of that project when i started to build the cab and modified the rear end of the machine. Now, here is what the front attachment is gonna look like.
Everything with the exception of the hydraulic cylinders is built from scratch.
Enjoy.

Max.

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
sd90
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 1:42:18 AM

Nice work like the in hook in the bucket Great details
Leon.
BIG CHRIS
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 5:53:44 AM

Very impressive!
frusso
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 6:32:19 AM

Amazing job! Will be a really nice model!
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:43:53 AM

Wow, Max.

that is beautiful. Cant stop watching those photos! Is that a gravel plant loader? Am curious about the hook in the bucket...

Have fun!
Max
modelmaniac
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 10:10:38 AM

Looks really good.Applause It will look better,when it is painted.
Dex
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:33:43 PM

That's awesome! Good work so far. I see some photos of the loader you're using as an example in the background. There is a knockoff Liebherr loader commonly sold on eBay with very similar tires, just look up "1:50 mechanical loader".
Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:59:54 PM

Great work on the Trojan 6000, you have some great detail along with your talent at soldering. There were many of those Trojans around RI in the 70s and you still see a few around here now. I was buying fill from a couple brothers up here who loaded me out with one, but I think it was a smaller model than the 6000. They are mean looking loaders, can’t wait to see the finished product.
Keep up the great work.
Steve
max
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 12:46:01 AM

Hi guys!!
Wow.....that's a lots of nice words.....many thanks!!!
All right,
SD90,
I saw many loaders equipped with some kind of lifting devices Inside the bucket, so i thaught that would'nt be too complicated to built. Also, it add to the realism.

Mr. Scholz, i guess that given the fact the bucket has a straight edge, it won't have the choice but to be used for sand and gravel loading.I don't think it'd be doing too well loading some shot rock into trucks ......

Modelmaniac, it will be painted red with the white cab but prior to that, i still have a few things i want to add, such as handrails, détails Inside the cab, hydraulic lines.
Theire is a real spaghetti of hydraulic hoses doing from everywhere to everywhere on the front attachment, i'll try to reproduce it the best i can.

Exkavate 3140, the 6000 was a fairly decent size machine, more or less the size of a 988A. Large Trojan loaders like this one are'nt very common anymore but theire are still plenty of the smaller models, especially the 2500 series wich was the size of a Cat 966C

Here's what the real machine looks like......
Trojan 6000 St-6 by "/>
Trojan 6000 St-Flavien-8 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/158954874@N04/]maxime renaud, sur Flickr"/>
Max.

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
modelmaniac
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:06:42 AM

Will look really good,in red and white.I am assuming the hook in the bucket,is for lifting up,with the arm,or pulling from the front?Think Will you be painting the engine as a separate piece?
Campmb
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:23:18 AM

Great work, Max. Trojan loaders were pretty popular ln my area at one time. That hook in side the bucket is a nice touch. That was pretty much standard procedure with contractors. Just had to be careful when lifting something with a cable.Watch that cutting edge! Mike
Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 10:49:57 AM

max thanks for the response and I will be looking forward to the finished product, keep up the great work.
Steve
Basketball Man
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 3:31:21 PM

This looks like a cool project! I miss building. I am in the midst of lots of home renovation as well so I totally understand where the time goesd'oh!

-Ethan
Collection 8/2/2016
For more of the Diorama and my collection: On Facebook or On YouTube
max
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 12:39:26 AM

Modelmaniac, The hook can be used for both lifting almost anything or pulling objects/vehicles/getting vehicles unstuck, as long as it is'nt machines that are too heavy.
If you are asking me if i will paint the engine before mounting it permanently on the loader, i will definately do so. If you are asking if i will paint it in a different color, it did cross my minds to paint it in drab(Beige??), as those old loaders were powered by a Cummins 400(855?) engine and for the most part, Cummins are painted Beige. BUT most of the time, the engine is the same color than the machine it is mounted on so the more it goes, the more likely i will paint it red.
Best regards.
Max.

max
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2020 12:27:42 AM

This is'nt much better with photobucket.....
Max.

Mr. Scholz
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 1:32:19 PM

Hi Max,

thanks for bringing up your wonderful custom again. I did a quick research and it looks like, in some cases, Flickr does compromise uploaded pictures. No clue what is causing this. If you like, you can send me your photos via email and I try uploading them on my Flickr account. Maybe this works.

I'm quite enthusiastic about your big Trojan. Really look forward to see your progress on this project.

Cheers,
Max
modelmaniac
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 5:48:58 PM

I personally don't care how you get it seen,or who you send pics to,to get it on here,but I just got to see the finished loader!Really want to see it painted.
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2020 7:12:05 AM

Hey mates,

here are the shots of the TROJAN 6000 custom by Max. Just wonderful, well done custom!

033 by FatCatGotHot
032 by FatCatGotHot
019 by FatCatGotHot
027 by FatCatGotHot
038 by FatCatGotHot
037 by FatCatGotHot
026 by FatCatGotHot
023 by FatCatGotHot

Best regards,
Max
modelmaniac
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2020 11:24:12 AM

Applause Excellent job.Looks really good.Liking it in the line-up,spot the custom model!Looks like it's just out of the box!
Dex
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2020 7:02:55 PM

That came out so well! I love all the work that went into the boom. Bravo sir, bravo.