DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

W.Collins's new CCM Cat 6090 (Very Pic Heavy) Options · View
Weserhutte
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:11:00 PM
Groups: Member

Korey wrote:
Our friends over at Classic Construction Models supplied us with a link to the official CAT 6090FS web page showing the tracks.
--Korey

Yes Korey, I'm all too familiar with the fantasy image on cat.com so let's just use their two "official" images on that page. One is a real machine and the other is not. I realize that they used the photoshopped image for the model instead of a real machine, but cannot imagine why??

My models haven't arrived yet, but another fantasy aspect of the model is the placement of the forward cab lights. On real machines, they are on top of the roof but the model has them mounted under the leading edge? There are certainly more things, but I think I've made my point.

Perhaps the next one out of Dortmund will look just like this, but I have my doubts.

Only older collectors will get this famous quote; "Just the facts, ma'am." and that's what I've posted. There is no point in any dialogue of "coulda, shoulda, woulda" going forward. As some people say; it is what it is...

Jdhern13
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:53:58 PM

With the sheer number of options to customize a real machine, you'll see different setups at different mines. There are definitely real 6090's with the lights configured in the same position as the "fantasy" rendering. Here you will also see a machine ordered with a cab that doesn't have the amenity room in the back.

RowanH
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2018 7:34:12 PM

Can't wait to receive mine. They look like fantastic models!

I agree that the CCM model was based off of CATs own 3d rendering but for whatever reason, the rendering has the very basic track pads. Perhaps this is an actual option but I've looked high and low and habe not seen a single real 6090 or RH400 wearing those pads. I'm happy to be proven wrong however.

Hopefully some clever person gets working on an aftermarket set (like what Conrad did for the R9800), I believe they would sell very well!

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

RowanH
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2018 8:08:19 PM

Good news is that KPS models plan on offering a metal set of aftermarket tracks for the CCM 6090s.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

Jdhern13
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2018 9:15:27 PM

My 6090 finally arrived today. I'm very happy with the detail and solid construction of this model. I've been waiting years for someone to produce the 6090/RH400 again. It's much more impressive in person than the pictures can show. A few of the stairs/walkways, and hoses came loose in transit but it's no problem reattaching them. The tread pattern on the tracks doesn't bother me, but I might pick up a set of the aftermarket tracks for the right price.
sd90
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2018 5:40:32 AM

Hi All from down under

I have a RH 340 also the new XCMG XE7000 this makes them look small , I recived my CAT 6090 last Wednesday
arrived in good condition and nothing came adrift great model, had to pay 250$ tax to the legalased maafi
Get you money ready RowanH.
Leon.
Weserhutte
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 9:42:13 AM

RowanH wrote:
Good news is that KPS models plan on offering a metal set of aftermarket tracks for the CCM 6090s.

I'm not sure about that being good news. Have you seen the RH90C and RH120C that they have produced? Neither of those pieces has the correct shoe design!