DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

First Gear TD-25 1:87 scale Sideboom at DHS ? Options · View
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 12:44:17 AM
Groups: Member

Chuck ,please tell me these are becoming available again .

When will they be in the US ? This time I won't miss them.

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

dain555
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 1:49:23 PM

Hey Pat, how you doing??? I've sent you a couple emails but I haven't heard back from you. Hope all is well with you guys!!

Also on the pipe layer model, First Gear is saying that it will be available in Spring of 2019. I might have to get a couple too for wreck equipment on my HO railroad!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 11:05:45 PM

dain555 wrote:
Hey Pat, how you doing??? I've sent you a couple emails but I haven't heard back from you. Hope all is well with you guys!!

Also on the pipe layer model, First Gear is saying that it will be available in Spring of 2019. I might have to get a couple too for wreck equipment on my HO railroad!!!

I missed them when they came into production years ago. This time four of them to be kitbashed into railroad wreck sidebooms.

Dain,if your buying HO vehicles. Hop on eBay and type in 1:87 Hyundai 250D forklift. Picked up two for my scrap yard. These are worth their weight in gold. The only thing I don't like about them is. You can't adjust the width of the forks. Other than that a fine detailed model.

I'll mail you soon.

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

Mr. Scholz
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2018 1:32:20 PM

Pat,

there are some decent tool sets made by ROCO Minitanks. Including acethylen bottles and so on. Adding a vice to the front bumper of a recovery sideboom came into my mind. Let me know if I can help out. HO scale rules, whooop whooop! :d/

Cheers
Max
dain555
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2018 2:27:32 PM

Mr. Scholz wrote:
Pat,

there are some decent tool sets made by ROCO Minitanks. Including acethylen bottles and so on. Adding a vice to the front bumper of a recovery sideboom came into my mind. Let me know if I can help out. HO scale rules, whooop whooop! :d/

Cheers
Max

Max, you got that 💩 right!!! I have been into HO for years, it started when I was a kid and used to visit my Aunt and Uncle on Grand Island, NY. They had a layout in their basement that they let me operate!!!

Right now I have an HO scale Alco S2 that is decorated with the USAF scheme and is numbered 7277 which was after the real locomotive I actually worked on. Also have some coal cars too which is what we hauled. My significant other is also into model railroading but she likes the N scale.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Mr. Scholz
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2018 3:14:36 PM

Dain,

if my day had 32 hours, I'd love to have an US-style layout, seriously Much more then a german style one. Love the classic design of US rolling stock. I once buyed Winston O. Links "Steam, Steel and Stars" and so I came in touch with the great story of the Norfolk & Western. I know there are some decent models of this railroad available and there is quite a US-related scene of german model railroaders. That would be something.

For now, I just love the vast diversity of construction related kits available in 1/87-scale. Road sweepers, combines, tarmac milling machines,demolition crans and what-not. And what you can do with those kits. I'm pretty busy as an equipment operator, but sometimes I find the peace to work on scale models non the less.

Simply had to check for your S2 in Air Force livery! Nice one.

Keep it rolling
Max
dain555
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2018 2:08:05 PM

Mr. Scholz wrote:
Dain,

if my day had 32 hours, I'd love to have an US-style layout, seriously Much more then a german style one. Love the classic design of US rolling stock. I once buyed Winston O. Links "Steam, Steel and Stars" and so I came in touch with the great story of the Norfolk & Western. I know there are some decent models of this railroad available and there is quite a US-related scene of german model railroaders. That would be something.

For now, I just love the vast diversity of construction related kits available in 1/87-scale. Road sweepers, combines, tarmac milling machines,demolition crans and what-not. And what you can do with those kits. I'm pretty busy as an equipment operator, but sometimes I find the peace to work on scale models non the less.

Simply had to check for your S2 in Air Force livery! Nice one.

Keep it rolling
Max

Thanks Max, yes we have some interesting equipment here just as they do in Germany and Europe in general.

Thanks on the model too, I'm also lucky I found it!!! The day I found it I had gotten a call from my mom, she called about 8:45 am and told me my brother had just passed away!!! To take my mind off the situation I started looking for model railroad stuff and some how found the model on a site but they were sold out. So I kept looking and even contacted Atlas Model Railroad company that made the locomotive and they were sold out!! Well long story short I finally found a place that had it and quickly purchased it!!

The real locomotive was a good machine and it was sent to get repowered in 1983, the last I personally saw it was in 1981 when I left the Air Force base it was at. I have a couple pictures of it though, one was in 1983 when it was on it's way to Utah, USA and another in 1986 just before it was scrapped. The base I was at actually had 2 more locomotives, the GE 70 ton center cab that was there when I went back in 1984 and there is another locomotive that is now track bound at the base, most of the railroad track between the base and local connection are gone.

But yes our railroad equipment is great as is most railroad equipment.

Dain