DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Florence Options · View
admin
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 1:37:32 AM
Groups: Administration

Just checking if all our customers in the Carolina area are getting out of town? Sounds like you need to run fast.

Really worried about Quinella....
dain555
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 1:10:47 PM

Groups: Member

I hear ya Chuck!!! Florence is not a storm to underestimate in the slightest!! As of about 9am our time on the east coast it was still a category 1 with winds of 85+ mph!! The southern half of North Carolina is seeing the low tide because the wind is blowing off shore but once the eye passes the winds then come off the ocean and also that generates the storm surge.

I have friends in Santee, SC and also FiatAllis41 lives in around Beufort, SC so I know they are going to get some stuff!!! Friends in Santee are all batten down and ready but I haven't heard much from Fiatallis41 in a while. After having gone thru Irma I know the pre storm anxiety and what it's like to go thru a category 2 myself!!!

We all need to think good thoughts and hopefully everyone gets out alright!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Quinella
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 2:25:10 PM

Well thank you Chuck. We are alive. But Florence is right on top of our beach home as we speak. Luckily I live in a 1992 Freightliner COE, so I will be fine!! Thanks to those other members who have written me. It is nice to know that Forum buddies look out for each other. Seriously, we came back to Charlotte to avoid the storm. Now Charlotte is getting pounded later tonight We probably lost our beach home. I guess I will move to Rhode Island after all. CAW
kcmtoys
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 2:56:48 PM

Quinella wrote:
Well thank you Chuck. We are alive. But Florence is right on top of our beach home as we speak. Luckily I live in a 1992 Freightliner COE, so I will be fine!! Thanks to those other members who have written me. It is nice to know that Forum buddies look out for each other. Seriously, we came back to Charlotte to avoid the storm. Now Charlotte is getting pounded later tonight We probably lost our beach home. I guess I will move to Rhode Island after all. CAW

Glad to hear you are OKApplause Cool Anxious Ken

Barkerjoh
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 5:31:32 PM

Agreed hope everyone of you folks are safe and sound. Anything needed feel free to ask.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 6:37:21 PM

Craig, at this point RI is full but I know of a huge warehouse in Berea, OH. If you do end up there however you will not be able to bother the help by asking questions like how come you people have not built a Mack DM800 or Autocar tractor. Just go to the section in the warehouse that says cab overs, and it will feel like many many many years ago when you were around 40 and waiting for Santa on Christmas morning.
Florence knows better than to tangle with Quinellaliner.
Seriously though all you people in the range of this storm be careful and be safe.
Steve
dain555
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 9:16:01 PM

Craig, glad your doing good for now!!! Hey if RI is full we have plenty of room here in Sarasota, Florida!!!

Stay safe my friend and hope you get thru this as well as you can. I know the feeling with having experienced Irma last year as she came thru here as a category 2!!! Make sure you file with FEMA as quick as you can after the storm and your allowed to check the damage!!

Again, glad your doing good and please stay safe!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!